Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 20, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #38,641 of 62,085
I still have a Kenwood home theater receiver, powering my PSB 5.1 setup. Works great!
Love me some Kenwood separates. Give me some Dolby Pro Logic, DSP, about 20 pounds, paired to some Klipsch or Definitive Tech towers and that was all I needed to guaranty my permanent hearing damage.

Oct 20, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #38,642 of 62,085
What's the verdict on the 1More Comfobuds Pro?
They are on sale here in Blue which is the only model that has the pre-set eq. How silly is that? lol

I thought they weren't good but I guess I remembered the original version.
Sound quality is balanced but warm according to a few reviews. Excellent call quality and ANC is surprisingly good. Stem design is ugly but for $60 looks like a solid option.

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #38,644 of 62,085
Anyone had any experience with the Monster Inspiration 700 Anc? Amazon has a good deal... Just curious
Generally avoid Monster here as they are now essentially a rebrand I believe. I suppose if the price is low enough but I'd be surprised if you you couldn't do better.

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #38,645 of 62,085
Generally avoid Monster here as they are now essentially a rebrand I believe. I suppose if the price is low enough but I'd be surprised if you you couldn't do better.
Ya I saw they took the shell of the ally tws and monolith... Doesn't necessarily mean it's a complete rebrand. Like Mifo and Hiby.... Lypertek and Noble Audio... Same shell with different design. Maybe similar or the same drivers with slightly altered tuning. Unless of course it's obvious they used the exact same driver and circuitry, tuned the same... Which may be the case. I was just curious, really was hoping I'd see someone say.. "Dude these are amazing!! "... But I guess I'm always hoping for that... Lol

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #38,646 of 62,085
In the multiple postings here people have been talking about actual comparisons between different TWS , measurements, even people about noise distortions and generally you just can find generic or not really standardised approach

Just using Liberty Pro 3 this site is from Korea and they have measurements, comparisons but very structured and you can find basically most TW on the site: Deviant, B&O, MD,etc

Turn your captions on and you can follow pretty easily

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #38,647 of 62,085
Anyone had any experience with the Monster Inspiration 700 Anc? Amazon has a good deal... Just curious
Yes, I had them but returned them because the volume was too low, at least with the iPhone.
The ANC is just OK, Ambient is pretty solid. The sound is nice and warm with good bass but not boomy. Soundstage is fairly wide.
They have no app which is the biggest con.
Ya I saw they took the shell of the ally tws and monolith... Doesn't necessarily mean it's a complete rebrand. Like Mifo and Hiby.... Lypertek and Noble Audio... Same shell with different design. Maybe similar or the same drivers with slightly altered tuning. Unless of course it's obvious they used the exact same driver and circuitry, tuned the same... Which may be the case. I was just curious, really was hoping I'd see someone say.. "Dude these are amazing!! "... But I guess I'm always hoping for that... Lol

you're correct. It's basically not only the same shell as the Ally and Monolith but the same chipset too and if I'm not mistaken same chipset as the Nuratrue.
The chipset is a better chipset than most of the other entry level chipsets that are being implemented in much more expensive TWS.

You could probably do better but you can also do far worse for $70.

If you like uncolored sound with strong mids but nice bass which isn't too dominant my vote goes to the Fiil T1XS and they come with a good app and full eq feature and pre-sets.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #38,648 of 62,085
Yes, I had them but returned them because the volume was too low, at least with the iPhone.
The ANC is just OK, Ambient is pretty solid. The sound is nice and warm with good bass but not boomy. Soundstage is fairly wide.
They have no app which is the biggest con.

you're correct. It's basically not only the same shell as the Ally and Monolith but the same chipset too and if I'm not mistaken same chipset as the Nuratrue.
The chipset is a better chipset than most of the other entry level chipsets that are being implemented in much more expensive TWS.

You could probably do better but you can also do far worse for $70.

If you like uncolored sound with strong mids but nice bass which isn't too dominant my vote goes to the Fiil T1XS and they come with a good app and full eq feature and pre-sets.
Thank you bro... I can already tell you... If the volume is lacking... I won't like it, give me headroom to play with the volume. I have gone back and forth on getting the t1xs for more than a year and I've seen every review so I'm glad you said that. I have so many pairs of tws man.. Lol. I would prob purchase them simply out of curiosity. Amazon had them (maybe still do) for under 40 which, with all you stated seems pretty damn good. Honestly Tommy I'm just like everyone else here, searching for that sound in thee most portable form... Tws sucked me in man. I seem to go to them more than wired iems anymore, which is something I would have never done in the past. Anyways, I appreciate your response

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #38,649 of 62,085
Thank you bro... I can already tell you... If the volume is lacking... I won't like it, give me headroom to play with the volume. I have gone back and forth on getting the t1xs for more than a year and I've seen every review so I'm glad you said that. I have so many pairs of tws man.. Lol. I would prob purchase them simply out of curiosity. Amazon had them (maybe still do) for under 40 which, with all you stated seems pretty damn good. Honestly Tommy I'm just like everyone else here, searching for that sound in thee most portable form... Tws sucked me in man. I seem to go to them more than wired iems anymore, which is something I would have never done in the past. Anyways, I appreciate your response

No problem, man. Got the T1XS for $27 and couldn’t be happier. I usually pick them up when leaving the house before the Sennheiser CX 400BT which are also very nice sound wise.
But the T1XS have a solid ambient mode which I can’t tell for half of the TWS that I have had.

I have the 1More Comfobuds Pro coming in next week so can let you know how I feel about them when I get them.
Was thinking of the L3P but I don’t think I’ll like them based what I read about their sort of artificial sound and quality of tuning.
For long listening sessions I prefer mellow sound with good imagining and a little tamed highs which is the complete opposite of the L3P and while I liked the L2P+ quite a bit I’m not missing them.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #38,650 of 62,085
No problem, man. Got the T1XS for $27 and couldn’t be happier. I usually pick them up for when leaving the house before the Sennheiser CX 400BT which are also very nice sound wise.
But the T1XS has a solid ambient mode which which I can’t tell the same for half of the TWS that I have had.

I have the 1More Comfobuds Pro coming in next week so can let you know how I feel about them when I get them.
Was thinking of the L3P but I don’t think I’ll like them based what I read about their sort of artificial sound and quality of tuning.
For long listening sessions I prefer mellow sound with good imagining and a little tamed highs which is the complete opposite of the L3P and while I liked the L2P+ quite a bit I’m not missing them.
LP3 is not in your wheel house then. I keep trying to force myself to see the plusses in them but... I'm not kidding you... The artificial never stops, I have tried everything, even micropore tape over the nozzle, avery tip change I can come up with.. And I have an endless supply of them, eq'd these to death, burned them in, lol... Unless by some miracle in the next week Soundcore comes out with an update to tame them, (which I really don't think they can change something like that) than they are going back. Looking at the sennheiser cx plus now, Mw08, Nuratrue, and maybe the Nuarl N6 pro 2. I would say Devialet but I've seen too many people here complain of connection issues. Anywhoo... Thanks for the rec of the T1XS ...prob going to bite on them. I was hoping the t1 pro was going to come stateside but doubt that's ever going to happen so... T1XS it is. Oh and I am looking forward to what you think about the Comfobuds pro.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #38,651 of 62,085
Welp, left side on my MT might be done. For past 3 days I have been trying to charge. Red light turns on for about 10 secs then turns off. If I try to use it regardless of whether it's after 15 minutes on charge or next afternoon, it's at 2% battery. Says "battery very low" then turns off in 5 minutes. I tried alcohol swipe to clean, tried re-pairing the connection, fully charged the case even though it already had 3 bars charged.. I don't have anything else I could try.

I'm going to contact CA tonight. Hopefully, they allow RMA, and I'm selling the new ones they send me. It's pretty much either luck of the draw or perhaps TWS mode is better (my phone is Pixel 3 without TWS mode). It could certainly be a good set on the 3rd attempt, but I don't want to push my luck.

I was hoping I could push it back to black Friday. I don't have another pair of TWS though. I guess it's time to begin searching for new TWS..

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #38,652 of 62,085
It's been a few years since I last posted on this thread regarding "fully wireless" so I figured I'd update my thoughts many years later.

To answer the question: yes, now we are. Thanks to LDAC and AptX+ being more commonplace and because the Airpods, love them or hate them, popularized truly wireless IEMs there is now a wide range of devices that are not just competent, as wireless IEMs, but actually decent.

With that said, even the best of what wireless IEMs have to offer on today's market only rank above what I'd consider to be of average quality wired IEMs and there's nothing wrong with that, because some people would argue that they are at the point at which you start hitting diminishing returns in terms of sound quality.

Edit: if I were to rank the best-regarded wireless IEMs I would place them around the same level as the Vsonic GR07 Classic. I apologize if that reference is a bit too old, but it's the only product of that quality level I can make a comparison to.

You have a few options that are closer to the Harman Target Curve (Samsung's lineup) with some of them being quite affordable nowadays and even some of of the more mainstream options like Apple's Airpods Pro or Sony's Alphabetsoup-XM3/4 sound quite good.

There's also the predictable flurry of V-shaped earphones with each company producing their own flavor and shape, Sony notwithstanding, but the point is that the issues that used to plague wireless earphones a few years ago: unstable connections, crappy codec quality, true-wireless-iems cutting off, mediocre battery life... are all either gone or have been significantly reduced to a point where I don't think most consumers would notice a difference or feel compelled to buy a similarly priced wired IEM.

Personally, I think that the market should be a bit more open to consumer repairs, particularly battery replacements. Some companies like Sony and Samsung have made it relatively simple to open up their devices and have access to the battery, but in most cases, purchasing those batteries seems to be next to impossible because they have exclusive access to them, leaving consumers hanging even though their devices seem to have been made with repairability in mind.

Right now, this is my biggest issue with them. Regardless of how good they are, the majority of True Wireless IEMs have planed obsolescence built into them. and I think this is an issue that should get more consideration going forward.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #38,653 of 62,085
1B970CE2-8585-4EA8-80F0-DF3AE5659EB6.jpeg
In the multiple postings here people have been talking about actual comparisons between different TWS , measurements, even people about noise distortions and generally you just can find generic or not really standardised approach

Just using Liberty Pro 3 this site is from Korea and they have measurements, comparisons but very structured and you can find basically most TW on the site: Deviant, B&O, MD,etc

Turn your captions on and you can follow pretty easily

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing. I’m enjoying the L3P much more now with the suggested EQ in the video (pause at 9:40 or see the attached screenshot).

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #38,654 of 62,085
first impression:

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #38,655 of 62,085
^Speaking of Axell Grell,

Urbanista Lisbon...
imgae1.jpg

samunere.jpg

Urbanista making their smallest model yet. Taking the stem off the earpod design but still doing what Earin should have done and give them ear fins. Tuned by Axell Grell. Grell said about the product, "It is designed so that you can feel the strength of the bass while maintaining the clear sound in the mid and high range, and the sound is different from other urbanista products." "In a good way, it betrays the low price. A completely wireless earphone that outperforms the user's expectations. "

Comes off as funny and like a slightly veiled dis. Like, hey, the sound is different than other Urbanistas. It sounds good for a change. Okay, not exactly what he said but kinda comes off that way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back