Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 20, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #38,626 of 62,092
Hearing all the angst about the L3P reminds me of my first big expensive buys. I bought the Sennheiser IE8 and they sounded like garbage OOB it took in excess of 100hrs of burn in before they opened up and sounded good.

I would only listen for a few minutes every day after playing music non stop for 24 hours. After 4 solid days of this crazy process and them sounding god awful each day I was ready to give the damn things away. The suddenly I put them on and played the exact same track and wham they sounded open and wonderful.

Being a typical headphone junky the siren call of something new eventually made me sell them and try something different but I never forgot that lesson on patience :) .

Oh so very true. Drivers NEED burn-in. Every type of headphone or speaker.

Oct 20, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #38,627 of 62,092
Liking the L3Ps so far, though def needs EQ. Didn’t love out of the box or hear ID tuning. Highs out of the box sound a bit tinny and harsh, and upper mids too recessed. After EQ though it has really good detail retrieval, I’d say better than L2P. Still got that nice bass response of the L2Ps (which needs to be tamed imo). Overall a really nice package at a good price. Call quality for me has been very good over a few days and ANC is above average.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #38,629 of 62,092
I dont think the l3p sound thin, either but they do in Normal mode. The other two ambient modes really thicken them out. I just dont want to stay on anc and have crap battery life and i dont know if transparency is any better. I dont wear them enough to know or find out.
Is it not a bit ironic that you care about crap battery life but don't wear them enough to even find out if transparency mode would be better? Seems like battery would be a non-issue at that point.

Oct 20, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #38,630 of 62,092
Oh so very true. Drivers NEED burn-in. Every type of headphone or speaker.
I'm still building the foundations of my wireless house. Not a roof tile in sight yet.

Wading through hours of listening on the LP3s with the less than ideal, but tolerable, sound settings that HearID gave me. Not even touched the EQ.

About 8 hours in so far, whilst my beloved wired options sit idle. I'm convinced it'll pay off in the long run.

Oct 20, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #38,631 of 62,092
The Hby WH2 were eagerly anticipated for a while on this thread, but they seem to have disappeared from the collective consciousness…. Any owner impressions out there, and what TWS they might be best compared to?

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #38,632 of 62,092
More testing of the L3Ps this morning and I'm not enjoying the SQ as much as I initially did...hard to pinpoint exactly but while the scene is very wide and pleasing there is some "harshness" that gets a bit annoying and there seems to be a gap in the bass/mid area as others have pointed out between the sub bass and the mids.

Also the isolation is inferior to the Echobuds v1 although it's still pretty good, MTW2 level I would say. The fit and seal are good but I really don't like the "sticking out" part as it "catches the wind" and doesn't press against the ears, hence the weaker passive isolation I think.

Not sure if they're a keeper after all vs my Echobuds/L2P combo...

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #38,633 of 62,092
The Hby WH2 were eagerly anticipated for a while on this thread, but they seem to have disappeared from the collective consciousness…. Any owner impressions out there, and what TWS they might be best compared to?
People perk up esp. earlier on when LDAC was mentioned but few were gonna buy it. Esp. being a Kickstarter and little in the way of features and having low battery life. Smaller Chinese brands not as trusted either.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #38,634 of 62,092
More testing of the L3Ps this morning and I'm not enjoying the SQ as much as I initially did...hard to pinpoint exactly but while the scene is very wide and pleasing there is some "harshness" that gets a bit annoying and there seems to be a gap in the bass/mid area as others have pointed out between the sub bass and the mids.

Also the isolation is inferior to the Echobuds v1 although it's still pretty good, MTW2 level I would say. The fit and seal are good but I really don't like the "sticking out" part as it "catches the wind" and doesn't press against the ears, hence the weaker passive isolation I think.

Not sure if they're a keeper after all vs my Echobuds/L2P combo...
Exactly... There is something off... Definitely a metallic zzz at the ends of most notes... The BA is not tuned very well I don't think. So far I have yet to be perfectly pleased by these and I'm thinking... So far... They are prob going back. That isn't to say they are horrible by any stretch either, but Soundcore just seems as though they have real issues with their BA's

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #38,635 of 62,092
I have also wondered about these. I was hoping they'd go on market on Amazon but so far they have not. Some decent reviews are out there.

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #38,636 of 62,092
Many TWS have a honeymoon period earlier and then some bounce back and more criticism comes along later. Though some criticism coming pretty fast with the L3P. :)

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #38,637 of 62,092
Exactly... There is something off... Definitely a metallic zzz at the ends of most notes... The BA is not tuned very well I don't think. So far I have yet to be perfectly pleased by these and I'm thinking... So far... They are prob going back. That isn't to say they are horrible by any stretch either, but Soundcore just seems as though they have real issues with their BA's
Here’s my EQ for those interested. I hear the same, highs out of the box sound very metallic. I’m also getting connection issues on windows using multipoint, which makes me feel like this is a bit of a half baked system.

If anyone wants to try my EQ lmk what you think :)

Attachments

• D3190453-8401-4EFC-88E1-B2F23742C028.png
    D3190453-8401-4EFC-88E1-B2F23742C028.png
    551.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #38,638 of 62,092
I have also wondered about these. I was hoping they'd go on market on Amazon but so far they have not. Some decent reviews are out there.
I have the BA version. They are as expected. Clinical, accurate, lacking some bass. Sound is very neutral. A nice package for the money. The app is really nice as is the case and their size. The option to adjust the crossover is pretty cool. I don't reach for them much largely because when I'm using TWS, I've concluded I prefer a little more oomph. I have wired headphones for a neutral purpose. I'll give them another run today and provide some thoughts.

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #38,639 of 62,092
Is it not a bit ironic that you care about crap battery life but don't wear them enough to even find out if transparency mode would be better? Seems like battery would be a non-issue at that point.

No. I never provided any more info nor was i intending to.

When im buying TWS sound and battery life go hand-in-hand. Which means if i cant replicate ANC or Transparency via EQ then i personally have an issue with the L3P

Since i have limited time in my day as a business owner, who also is getting busier; i have less and less time. while i dont wear them enough to find out. I have not read any documentation on them

...i will use a TWS solution when i find one i can have in my ears to take calls and other things of that nature during the day and provides more than 4 hours of juice.

A bit wordy and extra but i wasnt really expecting anyone to quote me let alone with a comment like this on3.

Hope that clears the irony up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back