Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 17, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #38,581 of 62,079
Now, that suddenly makes them interesting for me. But then again. I really don’t need another pair. Perfectly happy alternating x12 / Bose QC and those cheapo Baseus W11 when it’s raining
Tried this myself. First time it did not work. What has so far worked for me is disconnect and reconnect on your android device. Now i am able to seamlessly switch between the two devices. I have not tried to just play another file on the other device. Pause first.

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #38,582 of 62,079
Hmm. Good point. It may be a reference to the noise floor on the air pods themselves perhaps being different between the two devices based on better hardware? It's interesting that they are bashing Android for not prioritizing BT when Android offers high end codecs.
Even if this "noise floor" was a result of the encoder, which it isn't, all encoders would be affected by the Android scheduler so why bash AAC when it isn't significantly different from say LDAC in encoding CPU cycles. It also isn't "Android" doing this but the manufacturer of the phone so it varies by chipset, software version and driver versions.

Let's also be clear that the AAC encoder built into Android is just as good as the one on iOS but that doesn't mean the driver will use it or that the license fee for using more modern AAC is paid for by the manufacturer.

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #38,583 of 62,079
I was listening to my N6P again after quite abandoning it for other TWS and man the sound is just awesome. No EQ or adjustment required and the sound is just great.

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #38,584 of 62,079
Got the Liberty 3 Pros today. Here are my impressions:

The Good
- Sleek case, LEDs are laid out well on the case and I like how they blink in an arrow fashion when firmware is being upgraded
- These have one of the best microphones for phone calls in my opinion
- ANC is really really good, about 90% of what you get with Sony XM4
- App is probably the best out there. You can customize all sort of touch, EQ, playback controls etc.
- Sub bass is perfect, mid bass is a bit lacking and can be felt on some tracks. Acceptable mid-bass for the most part though, so not a huge issue
- Soundstage is nice and wide on these!
- Firmware updates are very quick unlike an hour on B&O and MTW2s

The Bad
- Mids are VERY lacking on these buds and sound thin. Mids sound a bit tinny and metallic for lack of a better word. Best mids I heard were on Bang and Olufsen EQs, then Sennheiser MTW2. These sound very metallic...
- Transparency mode is not very good, and does not sound natural
- Treble is SO over the top that I ended up moving the last two EQ sliders all the way down. And I like my splashy treble, but this is a whole lot of treble. I think this Knowles BA is running wild to spit out this much treble. EQ fixes most of the excesive treble issue but they need to give a bit more control over bringing down the treble in my opinion.
- Would be nice to have control over ANC levels but not a huge issue.m (Thanks @voicemaster for the tip that switching to manual mode lets you control ANC level)

Nothing ugly here :)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #38,585 of 62,079
Got the Liberty 3 Pros today. Here are my impressions:

The Good
- Sleek case, LEDs are laid out well on the case and I like how they blink in an arrow fashion when firmware is being upgraded
- These have one of the best microphones for phone calls in my opinion
- ANC is really really good, about 90% of what you get with Sony XM4
- App is probably the best out there. You can customize all sort of touch, EQ, playback controls etc.
- Sub bass is perfect, mid bass is a bit lacking and can be felt on some tracks. Acceptable mid-bass for the most part though, so not a huge issue
- Soundstage is nice and wide on these!
- Firmware updates are very quick unlike an hour on B&O and MTW2s

The Bad
- Mids are VERY lacking on these buds and sound thin. Mids sound a bit tinny and metallic for lack of a better word. Best mids I heard were on Band and Olufsen EQs, then Sennheiser MTW2. These sound very metallic...
- Transparency mode is not very good, and does not sound natural
- Treble is SO over the top that I ended up moving the last two EQ sliders all the way down. And I like my splashy treble, but this is a whole lot of treble. I think this Knowles BA is running wild to spit out this much treble. EQ fixes most of the excesive treble issue but they need to give a bit more control over bringing down the treble in my opinion.
- Would be nice to have control over ANC levels but not a huge issue.

Nothing ugly here :)
You can control the ANC level by choosing manual mode.
Screenshot_20211018-113038_Soundcore.jpg

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #38,586 of 62,079
Yeah, although as one reviewer said I'm not sure why'd you want to do that ? There is also an "adaptive" mode. It would be more useful to be able to tweak the transparency mode that is really poor as of now. Was it as bad on the L2P+ for those who have them ? On the Q30 it's pretty decent so it's not like they don't know how to implement it.

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #38,588 of 62,079
Yeah, although as one reviewer said I'm not sure why'd you want to do that ? There is also an "adaptive" mode. It would be more useful to be able to tweak the transparency mode that is really poor as of now. Was it as bad on the L2P+ for those who have them ? On the Q30 it's pretty decent so it's not like they don't know how to implement it.
I don’t have the L3P but on the L2P+ it’s very natural but lacks amplification. It’s good enough if you’re in the kitchen cooking and need to be available for to hear the doorbell or whatnot but it’s definitely not strong enough for my liking for a strong ambient mode.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #38,589 of 62,079
Yeah the transparency mode in the L3P is not loud enough but it is noticeable when you are cycling thru the 3 modes. The good thing is that it sounds quite natural and not robotic but yeah you need to pause your music to be able to hear using the mode.

Oct 18, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #38,590 of 62,079
I realize I am new to this group but I have been looking for a group of people who are knowledgeable in tws and audio in general. I've read many of the posts and.... Cool. Like minded people is always a good thing. Anyways,.... About the LP3... So far I am not at all impressed by the LP3 sound. Almost as though something is missing. Enough volume yet not crazy headroom. Tizzy highs. I've eq'd them almost to a decent point but still something is just not coherent in the sound between the Dynamic and the BA. To be honest I have yet to really anjoy and tws with LDAC. I figured I'd burn them in for a bit and try tip changes but... So far these might go back. I have the Grado GT220 coming tomorrow so I'm pretty happy about that

.GT220 is excellent...one of my very favorites . Sound is excellent and they have very loud output volume. I think you will really like them.

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #38,591 of 62,079
No, what had changed in *you*?
Normally I would agree with in regards to brain burn in. But in this case I was not actually using the IEM aside from spot check testing once a day. The rest of the time it was just playing music non stop in a drawer and I was using another headphone while it burned in. So don't think I had very much brain burn in this instance.

But I have had headphones where I simply had to use them for several days straight to get used to their signature. It's always a big shift when I go from a dark signature to a brighter one or vice versa.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #38,593 of 62,079
I absolutely love them. You are 100% correct about that. Volume is the loudest I've heard so far. The whole spectrum sounds great on these. I'd say they are almost step to step with the Lypertek Z7. You are right these are great
Which?

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #38,594 of 62,079
Confession time. Today I took delivery of a purple pair of LP3's. A BNIB pair came up on eBay the other night at a reduced price on even the limited time deal with Soundcore or Amazon. I took the gamble, as there's no returns, because the purple ones wouldn't have shipped this early from official sellers. They arrived still sealed in the cellophane, and all is good so far.

Initial impressions are very good!

Premium packaging, especially the selection of tips and wing tips. I've found a comfortable fit with the medium in left ear and small in right ear (Not something I managed with the stock tips on my NF Audios or old Klipsch IEM's). My memory foam tips fit but won't stay in my ears as the stems on the LP3'S are too short for them. The case is a nice pocketable size and open and closing is very smooth.

Connection with my Android phone was instant. Firmware updates through the app was fast. Both the initial one and the one further on to enable LDAC.

Customisation of the touch controls is amazing! Choice of 1 tap, 2 taps, 2 second hold and 3 taps for left and right. Assign what you want to what side you want and turn on or off what you want. Love it!

After charging the case fully, I first went through the HearID test. A pretty simple process for each ear bud. Same with the ANC test ( I played a YouTube video on the tv of a busy road for background noise for this).
The resulting sound it gave me is definitely on the bright side of what I'm used to, and there is that 'tizziness' in places, but I'm going to take advice offered on here further back and stick with it for a while before, if I need to, start playing with EQ. The sound is not quite of my choosing, and it is a bit thin, but it's certainly not unbearable, and sub bass weight is good. I want to see what burn in does to the sound too (again, following feedback given on here). For my first taste of wireless, I can already live with the sound quality, especially knowing there are EQ options available.

Pairing with my Sony ZX300 was fairly easy, although I did have to reconnect again to get the volume controls working on the Sony, after checking the right box on the Sony. All touch controls on the LP3's still work as per my initial set up too. I'm paired over LDAC with sound quality preferred and connection is stable with only the odd drop out so far. Range even seems pretty decent too. No multipoint connection with LDAC on though.

Overall, I'm very pleased so far. Just going to enjoy some extended listening now to see about burn in, but I can't see me not being happy with these as my wireless option. Although I have no other wireless options to compare them with to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back