Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 15, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #38,491 of 62,074
Currently testing out the oppo enco x and man this sound damn good!! I don’t know why no audiophiles are covering this tws since this has the planar magnetic driver in a tws! This really sounds freaking good 🙌❤️💯
Mostly due to the limited iOS support and the not so cheap price tag.
For $250 or more around $300 locally after tax/ duty you have many other options.

I'll also make a bold statement, that outside of Head-Fi not many people that I know who are Android users will drop that kind of money on a set of TWS.

Oct 15, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #38,492 of 62,074
You are correct, there are a bunch of new additions now with new app (maybe also FW?)
Modes: you can create different modes, right now I only have quiet and aware .. and I can circle through those, that's an improvement over before where you had fixed 3 placeholders for ANC intensity.
EQ: It's basic, but works, 4 presents, which then can be customized
Source: I like this one, it remembers the last (9?) connected devices by name and you can use the button in the case to cycle through and it automatically connects to that one .. no 'unpair' or 'forget device' on source first.

These have become my main buds ... I was missing a bit of 'uuumphh', but now with EQ I can add that easily.

Really seems like they upgraded their app and features.
I'm sure they are comfy and sound very good, just don't know if I can get used to the form factor.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #38,493 of 62,074
Soundcore L3P arrived yesterday; could there be worse OOB tuning? Tried HearID process and it was a "fizzy" outcome. Didn't try to EQ the HearID settings, instead went direct to the custom settings/EQ and I can't believe how much I had to boost the bass and turn down the top end; left the mids pretty much, well, in the middle. First blush, even with the EQ the highs sounded a bit too sharp, not smooth. I messed with EQ some more and pretty much found the best EQ I think I will find. Took a walk with ANC on and they feel and sound great, but ... is it me or is the headroom just not enough? I don't listen very loudly, and with my new iPhone 13 Pro and the Kaiser Audio app (EQ off) the detail, sound and all that good stuff was excellent. I just wanted to boost the volume a wee bit more, but it hit the ceiling and fell short. YouTube reviewers claim they are loud, loud and loud if you want them to be. I didn't find that. I will try them out on the LG V20 I have around here as a music player, but that defeats the purpose: I only use TW IEMs outside the house, walking etc. Inside, it's full-sized or on-ear ANC cans, or the Ety ER4XR with custom tips. Just don't much use TW IEMs in the house. With the LG, I can try the LDAC format, which is nice.

So for a 30-minute walk in a noisy city, the ANC was excellent, as was the detail/SQ after my EQing work. Not sure I really need the added headroom, they were not quiet, just a tad more is all I wanted. Maybe the headphone gods are sending me a message about keeping my ears functional as I get even older! Time to play around with them some more. If I read correctly an earlier poster said to use the HearID settings and THEN EQ those and they will sound better than straight up custom function on the EQ? I'll try that too. No harm in it.

On the fence right now re keeping the L3P, though they do really sound nice in terms of detail, soundstage and all the other good stuff. And the fit, for me, was perfect right out of the box, medium tips etc. Very comfortable. I don't know the controls yet, but I do know a single tap is to answer a call (one came in while on the walk and I guessed right).

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #38,494 of 62,074
Complete newbie to wireless listening question please, if I may? Regarding the Liberty 3 Pro.

Can I just pair the LP3's with my non Android DAP straight out of the box first via LDAC and then see what sound I get? Or will I have to switch on LDAC in them by setting everything up first on the app on my phone?

Assuming it's the latter. Can I play around with sound settings in the app whilst I'm listening on my DAP? Or will I have to listen on my phone first to adjust everything and then disconnect the phone to switch over to the DAP.

I'm reading about 'multipoint' being on them. So I was hoping I can just switch between the DAP and phone whilst I'm setting everything up on the phone? Or have I completely misunderstood?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I was connected to both my pc and s21ultra at the same time. I adjusted the EQ in my phone while playing music from my pc and it works. Is that answering your question?

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #38,495 of 62,074
I was connected to both my pc and s21ultra at the same time. I adjusted the EQ in my phone while playing music from my pc and it works. Is that answering your question?
Answers my question perfectly I think.

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #38,496 of 62,074
Complete newbie to wireless listening question please, if I may? Regarding the Liberty 3 Pro.

Can I just pair the LP3's with my non Android DAP straight out of the box first via LDAC and then see what sound I get? Or will I have to switch on LDAC in them by setting everything up first on the app on my phone?

Assuming it's the latter. Can I play around with sound settings in the app whilst I'm listening on my DAP? Or will I have to listen on my phone first to adjust everything and then disconnect the phone to switch over to the DAP.

I'm reading about 'multipoint' being on them. So I was hoping I can just switch between the DAP and phone whilst I'm setting everything up on the phone? Or have I completely misunderstood?

Thanks in advance for any help.
No. It does not work quite that way. The codec comes from the device so you do not switch LDAC on "in them" and it just works. If the device, the DAP in this instance, has LDAC it will connect to that device in LDAC either automatically or in the DAPs BT settings. In other words the set-up is separate to each device so multipoint is to switch between two devices easily by being be connected to both at the same time but the SQ is not on the LP3 it is on the devices. EQ setting may be stored on the LP3 but not the codec which is dictated from each device not from the buds so LDAC in the app or on the phone first has nothing to do with the DAP.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #38,497 of 62,074
No. It does not work that way. The codec comes from the device so you do not switch LDAC on "in them" and it just works. If the device, the DAP in this instance, has LDAC it will connect to that device in LDAC either automatically or in the DAPs BT settings. In other words the set-up is separate to each device so multipoint is to switch between two devices easily by being be connected to both at the same time but the SQ is not on the LP3 it is on the devices. EQ setting may be stored on the LP3 but not the codec.
Ok thanks.

Yes, my Sony ZX300 has LDAC and I've already gone in there in preparation and set Bluetooth settings to LDAC sound quality preferred (I've not actually used Bluetooth on it yet).

But I'm getting the impression that the LP3'S need their firmware updating on first use though to enable LDAC anyway?

I think I get what you saying though. If I was connected to my phone (SDC) and my DAP (LDAC), the LP3'S would just switch between the different codecs depending on the chosen codec setting on the device I'm paired with?

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #38,498 of 62,074
Ok thanks.

Yes, my Sony ZX300 has LDAC and I've already gone in there in preparation and set Bluetooth settings to LDAC sound quality preferred (I've not actually used Bluetooth on it yet).

But I'm getting the impression that the LP3'S need their firmware updating on first use though to enable LDAC anyway?

I think I get what you saying though. If I was connected to my phone (SDC) and my DAP (LDAC), the LP3'S would just switch between the different codecs depending on the chosen codec setting on the device I'm paired with?
Yes it will need firmware 04.51 to use LDAC. The software will make a pop up message telling you to update the FW.
If I was connected to my phone (SDC) and my DAP (LDAC), the LP3'S would just switch between the different codecs depending on the chosen codec setting on the device I'm paired with? The LDAC setting on the soundcore software won't allow you to do multipoint connection while on LDAC anyway.
Screenshot_20211015-124806_Soundcore.jpg

Oct 15, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #38,499 of 62,074
Yes it will need firmware 04.51 to use LDAC. The software will make a pop up message telling you to update the FW.
If I was connected to my phone (SDC) and my DAP (LDAC), the LP3'S would just switch between the different codecs depending on the chosen codec setting on the device I'm paired with? The LDAC setting on the soundcore software won't allow you to do multipoint connection while on LDAC anyway.
Screenshot_20211015-124806_Soundcore.jpg
Thanks. So if I'm understanding correctly?

1. Update firmware via the app on my phone.

2. Pair and listen on my phone with SDC and adjust EQ's to get the sound I most like.

3. When listening on my DAP (pretty much all my listening will be done using the DAP when out and about), switch the app to LDAC and, Voila!, I'm now listening over LDAC with the sound settings saved in the LP3'S, but any further EQing from here, should it be needed, will need to be done on the DAP. (I'll find the sound I like and save it as a setting on the DAP, so I can easily revert back to my saved setting there that I already use when wired).

Thanks for all the screenshots btw. Really helpful to go along with the instructions.

Oct 15, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #38,500 of 62,074
Thanks. So if I'm understanding correctly?

1. Update firmware via the app on my phone.

2. Pair and listen on my phone with SDC and adjust EQ's to get the sound I most like.

3. When listening on my DAP (pretty much all my listening will be done using the DAP when out and about), switch the app to LDAC and, Voila!, I'm now listening over LDAC with the sound settings saved in the LP3'S, but any further EQing from here, should it be needed, will need to be done on the DAP. (I'll find the sound I like and save it as a setting on the DAP, so I can easily revert back to my saved setting there that I already use when wired).

Thanks for all the screenshots btw. Really helpful to go along with the instructions.
1. yes
2. the best way is if you have a phone that can do LDAC then you just need to play an uncompressed file from your phone to adjust the EQ
3. from my understanding, the EQ that you set in the soundcore app will be saved to the IEM. So it become the base when connecting to a device without soundcore app. you can still adjust the EQ from your DAP if you want and it won't change the saved EQ inside the IEM.

Actually I am just thinking the EQ in the soundcore app is only 8 bands EQ and my S21Ultra has a built in 9 bands EQ, then I can fine tune the EQ even further although it will only work when pairing the L3P to my phone.

Oct 15, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #38,502 of 62,074
To all of you that have already received Liberty 3 Pros, where did you buy from? I placed a preorder last week on Bestbuy's site and no ETA as of yet!
It looks like these have made their way to my local best buy's in stock although at $169.99. Has a consensus formed on these to date? Worthy of picking up?

Oct 15, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #38,503 of 62,074
To all of you that have already received Liberty 3 Pros, where did you buy from? I placed a preorder last week on Bestbuy's site and no ETA as of yet!
Amazon

Oct 15, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #38,504 of 62,074
It looks like these have made their way to my local best buy's in stock although at $169.99. Has a consensus formed on these to date? Worthy of picking up?
If you are okay with EQing then it is a very good sounding tws and the EQ is saved into the IEM. The sound pre EQ is too much bass and high for me, but it is easily remedy using the custom EQ. The soundstage is quite large and the separation is very good too.
I tested the call this morning and my wife said the sound is clear while I was in starbucks. The ANC is better than my galaxy buds pro and the ANC hardly change the sound when active. Transparency mode sounds natural but can't be adjusted like in galaxy buds pro.
Built quality is good. It is not too big and not too heavy either. The case is quite small and easily fit in my jeans pocket. The buds pro's case is smaller, but the shape makes it when I put it in my pocket, it create a bulge while the shape of the L3P case is slimmer thus it just fit more flush inside the pocket.
For $169, it is quite a steal imho.

Oct 15, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #38,505 of 62,074
A little interesting. We have a new AT filing...
1634334689943.png

TW sounds like/should be for true wireless?? Also listings for R and L which is done for the TWS and only one entry for headphones and single wire BT. Guess it would finally be an AT high end 9 series true wireless. And with the 360 spatial audio and Snapdragon Sound they might just be Qualcomm lossless capable? They are tested for Bluetooth LE so next gen but a long ways away as the date for pics and manual dates out to 4/11/22. Pretty sure we will see what these will be at CES.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back