Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 15, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #38,476 of 62,028
Got the Jabra Elite 7 Active today.

The case feels cheap, it's plastic, like hard plastic on the outside, not the same grippy material the 75t Actives have.

The buds feel larger in my ears than the 75t Active's as well, they may be smaller but somehow feel bigger.

The sound although actually pleasantly tuned, especially on "smooth" EQ, sounds quite thin and distant. There's not enough impact. I preferred the 75t Active's with a touch of EQ.

The ANC I didn't even bother trying and the Hearthrough is actually quite good. Not that effective when volume is up a bit.

Being able to use either bud in ear didn't do much for me as the controls stay the same when one is removed. Meaning if I kept the left in I don't have playback control.

For me I'd rather save £50 and get the Elite 75t Active's instead.

A big fail imo! Expected more.

I got turned off the 7's. You can see in some of the comparison vids people prefer the Elite 3 and 75T over the 7's both Pro and Active. I know the 3 have aptX and the 7 don't. The case is still the more ideal shape. The buds are a bit better for size and shape. As I said in my impressions I like that the 3 shift controls so they still work fine. Kinda dumb to keep ambient on the L with only that side being used. No aptX and dumb means probably means a different chip. The 3 are a good price at $79 and the 7 Active at $179 are not.

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #38,477 of 62,028
My pc and Samsung S21ultra. And I listen to mp3 and youtube mostly.
Ok, thanks. Mine are on order. I'm interested to see how they perform with FLAC files on my Sony ZX300 over LDAC.

I don't realistically expect them to compete with my wired options, but for on the go listening and convenience, I'm hoping to get a decent tune out of them at least.

Good to read that your overall first impressions are positive.

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #38,478 of 62,028
Just picked up the

Monster Inspiration 700 ANC Wireless Earbuds​

Great sound and excellent fit---best I have found for a tws. Amazon has on sale now--60% off---cost was $ 63 after tax

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Insp...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=3S97A8KH80XNW7FYMNM8&th=1

Serious bargain! :)

I had them. They are good. Bass is big but not extremely boomy.
If my memory serves me well they use the same chipset as the Nuratrue.
Downside is that they have no app to adjust eq.

Oct 15, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #38,479 of 62,028
I got turned off the 7's. You can see in some of the comparison vids people prefer the Elite 3 and 75T over the 7's both Pro and Active. I know the 3 have aptX and the 7 don't. The case is still the more ideal shape. The buds are a bit better for size and shape. As I said in my impressions I like that the 3 shift controls so they still work fine. Kinda dumb to keep ambient on the L with only that side being used. No aptX and dumb means probably means a different chip. The 3 are a good price at $79 and the 7 Active at $179 are not.
Very disappointed in this release. I will be passing on the Elite 7. For a TWS that was touted as designed for calls, there were a few things which turned me off (I was really looking for something to improve call quality over Zoom/Teams):

1. On the Amazon Q&A, someone asked if this was "Teams Certified" (didn't know that was a thing) and Jabra basically said it was designed to be used with phones and tablets (a way of saying no without actually saying it I guess).

2. I asked the following on Amazon:

Q: During a call, can you swap between left and right earbuds seamlessly using anly side at a time (without disconnecting/reconnecting)?

I received the following response from "Manufacturer" (presumably Jabra):

A: Hello! We do not recommend swapping left/right earbud during a call. Thank you.

3. If it is primarily meant for calls, why ditch the vented design from the 85T? I asked on Reddit and they said they will forward the feedback. Hopefully there is an Elite 8.

4. Just hard to get over the fact that the Elite 3 has aptX and the Elite 7 does not. Definitely wins the prize for the most confusing lineup.

Maybe user feedback will change my mind but, for now, I will be passing on this one as well

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #38,480 of 62,028
Liberty 3 Pro was just delivered. Looks like very nice packaging, tips, and wings. I'm letting it charge right now. I did note that the case is a bit slick. I'm thinking of trying to transfer the cellophane "Open" tab that came on the case of the LP 2 Pro to this case. If it doesn't work I may rig up something similar.
I've seen on eBay that you can get a tight fitting silicone case for the 2's. Looks like it'll be nice and grippy and they come in a variety of colours.

Perhaps they'll bring out something similar for the 3's ?

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #38,481 of 62,028
I've seen on eBay that you can get a tight fitting silicone case for the 2's. Looks like it'll be nice and grippy and they come in a variety of colours.

Perhaps they'll bring out something similar for the 3's ?

I don't think that will help me. I'm strictly concerned with gripping the top of the case while sliding it back to take out or replace the earbuds. Putting a little tab on the top might aid with that. Or just leave it as is; not a big deal.

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #38,482 of 62,028
I don't think that will help me. I'm strictly concerned with gripping the top of the case while sliding it back to take out or replace the earbuds. Putting a little tab on the top might aid with that. Or just leave it as is; not a big deal.
This case goes on the earbuds case, not a case to put the earbuds case into, if you see what I mean. The pictures show the top having a little ridge on it too to aid with sliding it back. No idea quite how the top will stay on though, given there can't be much purchase area there for it to stay. Perhaps the top section sticks on, whilst the bottom wraps around?

Screenshot_2021-10-15-16-15-44-846_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #38,483 of 62,028
In terms of the Soundcore HearID, I too find the results bright…. But I think that should not be too surprising…. Many of us will lose a bit of our high frequency hearing as we age and / or abuse our hearing with too loud sounds. If the upper frequencies are then restored (amplified) by something like SoundID we may dislike the result because we are not used to hearing those high frequencies as prominently.

Try to listen for a few hours with the SoundID corrected EQ enabled and then disable it…. My guess is that you might be surprised at how you feel the sound without SoundID sounds muffled…. An example of brain burnin to be sure.

Just my 2 cents, of course.

Oct 15, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #38,484 of 62,028
In terms of the Soundcore HearID, I too find the results bright…. But I think that should not be too surprising…. Many of us will lose a bit of our high frequency hearing as we age and / or abuse our hearing with too loud sounds. If the upper frequencies are then restored (amplified) by something like SoundID we may dislike the result because we are not used to hearing those high frequencies as prominently.

Try to listen for a few hours with the SoundID corrected EQ enabled and then disable it…. My guess is that you might be surprised at how you feel the sound without SoundID sounds muffled…. An example of brain burnin to be sure.

Just my 2 cents, of course.
I like your thinking. Great angle to go at it. Makes perfect sense to me.

Oct 15, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #38,485 of 62,028
You are correct, there are a bunch of new additions now with new app (maybe also FW?)
Modes: you can create different modes, right now I only have quiet and aware .. and I can circle through those, that's an improvement over before where you had fixed 3 placeholders for ANC intensity.
EQ: It's basic, but works, 4 presents, which then can be customized
Source: I like this one, it remembers the last (9?) connected devices by name and you can use the button in the case to cycle through and it automatically connects to that one .. no 'unpair' or 'forget device' on source first.

These have become my main buds ... I was missing a bit of 'uuumphh', but now with EQ I can add that easily.

Screenshot_10_15_21__11_21_PM.jpg
Had to return and repurchase mine today. Left bud died and I can't get it to power on. Packing them up now.

Good news though, I repurchased directly from Bose and managed to save an additional $30 off the $199 sale through ID.me. Total cost $169. Now THAT is a even better price!

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #38,486 of 62,028
LP 3 Pro problem -- I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10+ which I've successfully connected using LDAC with other devices.

I updated the firmware on the LP 3 Pro to "latest". The Soundcore app lets me select and keep LDAC setting. When I select LDAC codec in my phone blue tooth settings however, it doesn't "stick" -- it reverts back to AAC. Which is a bummer as APTX isn't even available. If there's no solution to this, these are going back.

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #38,487 of 62,028
LP 3 Pro problem -- I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10+ which I've successfully connected using LDAC with other devices.

I updated the firmware on the LP 3 Pro to "latest". The Soundcore app lets me select and keep LDAC setting. When I select LDAC codec in my phone blue tooth settings however, it doesn't "stick" -- it reverts back to AAC. Which is a bummer as APTX isn't even available. If there's no solution to this, these are going back.
Hm...mine stay when I tried LDAC last night. I went to developer options and choose LDAC then in the bluetooth setting, there is a toggle to switch it on/off. I am using s21ultra.

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #38,488 of 62,028
Hm...mine stay when I tried LDAC last night. I went to developer options and choose LDAC then in the bluetooth setting, there is a toggle to switch it on/off. I am using s21ultra.

You're right. My bad. I just stayed in developer settings and selected ldac. I forgot to enable it back in the bluetooth settings. All good.

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #38,489 of 62,028
Here is some screenshot
Screenshot_20211015-105034_Soundcore.jpgScreenshot_20211015-105100_Settings.jpg
I tried it last night, but I only play a YouTube videos and mp3 so it was kinda pointless lol.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #38,490 of 62,028
Complete newbie to wireless listening question please, if I may? Regarding the Liberty 3 Pro.

Can I just pair the LP3's with my non Android DAP straight out of the box first via LDAC and then see what sound I get? Or will I have to switch on LDAC in them by setting everything up first on the app on my phone?

Assuming it's the latter. Can I play around with sound settings in the app whilst I'm listening on my DAP? Or will I have to listen on my phone first to adjust everything and then disconnect the phone to switch over to the DAP.

I'm reading about 'multipoint' being on them. So I was hoping I can just switch between the DAP and phone whilst I'm setting everything up on the phone? Or have I completely misunderstood?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back