Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 29, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #37,966 of 62,022
Ok. Regarding the Devialet Geminis...

It's not driver flex... Because there's no noise when chewing, running, jumping with any tips when noise cancellation is OFF.
ANC Low has less "driver flex'ish" noise than with ANC High.

I have almost no noise on the right side with any mode or tip, but with ANC ON, the left is crackling and "flex'ing" as h....

The only tip that's ok to use, is the Flexifit foam I got with my Tevis. (but they also crackles when running/jumping, left side)

But again, no noise whatsoever with any tip with ANC off.... (Edit: But the SQ is awful in Neutral, or Neutered as they should call it... :wink: )

Please help?!?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #37,967 of 62,022
How’s the the fit? These buds don’t look like the most ergonomic and the edges look kind of sharp although technically they shouldn’t touch the ears but knowing my ears it might be an issue lol
The fit is surprisingly comfortable despite its angular looks. No pain hotspots in my ears. They do stick out quite a bit so not for side sleepers.

Sep 29, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #37,968 of 62,022
Some news about the technics az60 and az40
Az60 with anc and ldac gonna be 199.99 and az40 gonna be 129.99
https://www.engadget.com/technics-eah-az60-and-eah-az40-true-wireless-earbuds-140003867.html
Looks like the AZ60 price was adjusted up to $229 from $199.

Going to be watching when these come to Canada. Very interested, hopefully they sound as good or better than the AZ70.

That new Soundcore also looks interesting, but the sound signature of the L2P while good is not quite as good as the AZ70 for me so if the L3P sounds the same not sure I want to go down that path.

Sep 29, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #37,969 of 62,022
The other Sony we saw in the FCC filings is now a reality...
https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_announces_whxb910n_headphones_and_wfc500_earbuds-news-51187.php
https://www-sony-jp.translate.goog/..._x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=nui,elem
Due out 10/8...

1632935665201.png

1632935330411.png

Next to the XB700 for size comparison. Again the complaint I often have. So nice for a small size but no real features that they seem overpriced. One mic, 5.0 with only SBC/AAC and no ambient or cheap version ANC and cheap looking case for $100. What year is it Sony??

and we got this one...
UM TWS30X
1632935471159.png

Due out starting 10/1. https://www-mixwave-co-jp.translate..._x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=nui,elem

Cultivating a pretty decent crop so far this fall with the AZ60, Denon ANC, FoKus, Final, new Jabra, Unique Melody etc.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #37,970 of 62,022
The included tips in medium didn't give me a 100% seal/fit, and I felt the buds moved in my ear. If I try the original L, I get the annoying sound you describe.

I have the Final Type E large. Will try later.

Got the Geminis yesterday and haven't tested much yet. But when they're in place, they sound awesome! Best TWS I've heard. So open, clean with tight, quick bass.

Will try some tips today, but fear I might get in trouble finding something to give me a perfect fit. Maybe I have to try some foam with these.
Silicone make them either move in my ear (pushed out in a way), or make the annoying sound while moving the mouth, like Luke says.
I can’t wait to hear what you think about the final tips with the Geminis. They’re actually in my cart right now :)

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #37,971 of 62,022
I can’t wait to hear what you think about the final tips with the Geminis. They’re actually in my cart right now :)
If you have read my last posts, I guess your post is a little ironic? If not, please read my posts about the challenges the Geminis give me...
I can't use the Final tips due to the noise I get with ANC on, and especially silicone tips.

Otherwise, the sound quality is really awesome. I think almost all tips are good on the Geminis, sound wise that is...

Sep 29, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #37,972 of 62,022
They can take my money now! But I'm not sure why they needed to release the 2 Pros...
They've done it with the Life Q20 over ears as well. Released a new version with USB-C, multi point and app support recently, even though the Q30 have been out for a year.

I suppose for a company operating at the less premium end of the market it makes sense to reuse the external shell and a design you know works and upgrade the internals rather than release a "new" model every year that's pretty much just a tweak anyway.

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #37,973 of 62,022
Spent the night with the 1More ComfoBuds Z. First off, I have one gripe. You can only set the Nature sounds for up to 150 mins. I'd rather it be 4-5 hours. Outside of that they are TINY. I've had the Bose, had the Amazfit Zenbuds. Tried earplugs. Used to use the Earin M-2s. So, I'm not new to the tech and/or options. I purchased the ComfoBuds Z for $82 after a coupon I found online. Definitely the cheapest by far. They are no frills. They don't have buttons or touch controls. You need to do everything within the app. The app isn't that great but works. The Bose sleep app is the best. That said, the CBs have the smallest case. MUCH smaller. They aren't noticeable in your ears and didn't bother me all night. I set the timer for 150 mins with the rain sounds. They did block out my toddler who is usually found wedged between my wife and I all night. I tracked my sleep with my Oura ring and got an 87 which is Optimal by Oura's standards. So, the buds did help me. I did hear them rub on my pillow as I'm a side-sleeper, but nothing that isn't normal when you wear buds to bed. They didn't fall out. The other cool thing about these is that you could use them for up to 2 1/2 hours to stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, whatever. I didn't buy them for music, I bought them to mask all the sounds at night that keep me up, so the nature sounds were for me last night. If I want to listen to music and rock, I have higher end buds for that. I might try the CBs with nature sounds from an app or meditation music via Apple Music and see what happens (how long they last, connection, etc.). The Bose and Amazfit only play the nature sound available from the manufacturer via their proprietary app. The CBs were appealing to me because they can also play music from other apps - just in case I do want that option. I'll try them again tonight and hope to get the same results as last night.

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #37,974 of 62,022
If you have read my last posts, I guess your post is a little ironic? If not, please read my posts about the challenges the Geminis give me...
I can't use the Final tips due to the noise I get with ANC on, and especially silicone tips.

Otherwise, the sound quality is really awesome. I think almost all tips are good on the Geminis, sound wise that is...
Oh sorry I missed that. Sorry they didn’t work for you. Thanks for letting me know before I purchased

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #37,976 of 62,022
Looks like the AZ60 price was adjusted up to $229 from $199.

Going to be watching when these come to Canada. Very interested, hopefully they sound as good or better than the AZ70.

That new Soundcore also looks interesting, but the sound signature of the L2P while good is not quite as good as the AZ70 for me so if the L3P sounds the same not sure I want to go down that path.

“Where the AZ70W was more audio focused, Technics says the two new options are designed for productivity and everyday life”.

^^^ to me that screams more of a V shape sound and not an audiophile tuning and probably better mic and and noise cancellation for calls.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #37,978 of 62,022
I think @scubaphish and possibly @erockg have the final tips and may have tried them on the Geminis?
Yeah, they were comfortable and fit in case, but susceptible to earbud movement depending on how snugly the tail of bud fits; which lead to some noises I didn’t want to hear. Not paper crunching, but more like a small pop sometimes when I walked. Plus I got wrong size, too large for my ears. So I switched back to stock.
Speaking of stock, I’m awaiting my “new” replacements from Devialet, from France apparently

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #37,979 of 62,022
Hey fam,

Long shot here: Several months ago I was getting ads for the tws buds that claimed to have a selction of models that went from 4 drivers to 6 to 8 to 12.

The only way I can describe them is that they looked a lot like a top down view of a bicycle helmet. They weren't any particular brand. But I figure maybe some of you got the same ads. My history gets scrubbed every 3 months so I can't find them. They had a dedicated page and not an Amazon, although they could have been a crowd funding project.

1632959279041.png
1632959315791.png
1632959350576.png

Artists Impersonation of TWS

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #37,980 of 62,022
Ok. Regarding the Devialet Geminis...

It's not driver flex... Because there's no noise when chewing, running, jumping with any tips when noise cancellation is OFF.
ANC Low has less "driver flex'ish" noise than with ANC High.

I have almost no noise on the right side with any mode or tip, but with ANC ON, the left is crackling and "flex'ing" as h....

The only tip that's ok to use, is the Flexifit foam I got with my Tevis. (but they also crackles when running/jumping, left side)

But again, no noise whatsoever with any tip with ANC off.... (Edit: But the SQ is awful in Neutral, or Neutered as they should call it... :wink: )

Please help?!?
I've experienced that noise before. I can't be sure but I think it's related to the Pressure Balance Architecture feature:

PRESSURE BALANCE ARCHITECTURE​

Devialet invented an innovative acoustic architecture that ensures ideal inner pressure, at all times. The result is an intimate listening experience with unspoiled sound.
There used to be a fit test included in the app, but it was very finicky and I guess they cut it because of that. But what you are describing seems extreme. I would contact customer care, which is very responsive. They should be able to help you and maybe offer a replacement if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back