Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #37,951 of 62,085
Nice! If they impressed someone with Elysiums and EE Legends I’ll def grab a pair :)
Just to add on a bit. This was my last audition after listening to many IEMs for 2 days, so my ears weren't in top shape when I got to these, but I liked it for a tws. I did order it, so I'll report back to this thread once I receive them

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #37,952 of 62,085
The Geminis sound great, but my God... the driver flex with almost all tips are AWFUL! How can you guys rate these on top of your list?
They are ok with foam, but the foams I have, limit sound quality compared to silicone and also the Symbio by Mandarine. The Symbio sound really great, but the driver flex with those are just atrocious... I'm actually afraid the driver will rip apart :triportsad:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... there's no such thing as a perfect product.
I wish my MW08S would sound like the Geminis, it would be close to perfect... but they really don't :frowning2:

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #37,953 of 62,085
The Geminis sound great, but my God... the driver flex with almost all tips are AWFUL!
I've noticed this too. However, I've noticed that driver flex can happen to any dynamic driver earphones. My Ibasso IT01 have it as well, and are still going strong after 1.5 years+. However, in case of the Gemini's I think the 'cascading decompression chambers' might have something to do with this as well. This begs the question; is it actually the driver, or perhaps this chamber thingy that we're hearing?

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #37,954 of 62,085
I've noticed this too. However, I've noticed that driver flex can happen to any dynamic driver earphones. My Ibasso IT01 have it as well, and are still going strong after 1.5 years+. However, in case of the Gemini's I think the 'cascading decompression chambers' might have something to do with this as well. This begs the question; is it actually the driver, or perhaps this chamber thingy that we're hearing?
I guess this is very individual, and depending on the tip (size/material), but for most of the tips I've tested now... this is difficult to live with.

Tried to google "Devialet Gemini driver flex", and found some hits.
So I guess it's nothing wrong with my set, since several people hear it too.

From Stereonet: https://www.stereonet.com/reviews/devialet-gemini-true-wireless-earbuds-review
"Upon initial insertion, there's a cringe-inducing driver flex noise, a sort of scrunching paper sound. It doesn't appear to cause any issues with sound quality, but one can't help but wonder about driver longevity if this is an ongoing issue."

I don't have this with just insertion, but everytime I chew/move my mouth... I hope I find a foam tip that sounds good, or I will sell these quite quick...

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #37,955 of 62,085
You could probably use foam tips to alleviate that.

with regular IEMs, yes, usually going with foams would make the driver flex problem better, but in those particular TWSs it's either the problem persist, or in some of them it got better but i can't fit them inside the case anymore, so i ended up letting them go

so for the mean time for sleeping purpose it's open bud TWS for me, or at leasr until i try some all BA driver TWS to see if it works

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #37,956 of 62,085
I just assumed it was the decompression chamber, too

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #37,957 of 62,085
Looks like the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro is coming soon and it sounds like it's got pretty much every single piece of TWS tech possible in it: LDAC support, ANC + transparency modes, multipoint, wireless charging, wear detection, wings for better fit, some kind of built in pressure relief and app support. Think I'll be keeping my eyes on these, hopefully there's no hiss this time around...

g9kdd6zf32p71.png

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #37,958 of 62,085
Looks like the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro is coming soon and it sounds like it's got pretty much every single piece of TWS tech possible in it: LDAC support, ANC + transparency modes, multipoint, wireless charging, wear detection, wings for better fit, some kind of built in pressure relief and app support. Think I'll be keeping my eyes on these, hopefully there's no hiss this time around...

g9kdd6zf32p71.png
They can take my money now! But I'm not sure why they needed to release the 2 Pros...

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #37,962 of 62,085
I guess this is very individual, and depending on the tip (size/material), but for most of the tips I've tested now... this is difficult to live with.

Tried to google "Devialet Gemini driver flex", and found some hits.
So I guess it's nothing wrong with my set, since several people hear it too.

From Stereonet: https://www.stereonet.com/reviews/devialet-gemini-true-wireless-earbuds-review
"Upon initial insertion, there's a cringe-inducing driver flex noise, a sort of scrunching paper sound. It doesn't appear to cause any issues with sound quality, but one can't help but wonder about driver longevity if this is an ongoing issue."

I don't have this with just insertion, but everytime I chew/move my mouth... I hope I find a foam tip that sounds good, or I will sell these quite quick...
Can somebody explain to me how to identify what is a driver flex noise? With the Gemini, I have experienced little pops from EAM before I got the right fit.

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #37,964 of 62,085
Sennheiser CX plus. Been wanting to try a Sennheiser and this model allows either side of the single earbud to be used which is important to me.

u8JXCXI.jpg

How’s the the fit? These buds don’t look like the most ergonomic and the edges look kind of sharp although technically they shouldn’t touch the ears but knowing my ears it might be an issue lol

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #37,965 of 62,085
Can somebody explain to me how to identify what is a driver flex noise? With the Gemini, I have experienced little pops from EAM before I got the right fit.
Driver flex, for me, manifests as a “crinkling” sound as I insert the IEM. There are a few ways to lessen this - for example open your mouth wide as you insert the IEMs in your ears, or tug upwards on the outside of your ear as you insert the IEM…. It is all about avoiding inserting the IEM while there is a solid seal and instead keep the seal broken until the IEM is fully inserted - good seal is essential once the IEM is inserted, but problematic sometimes while you are inserting the IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back