Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 27, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #37,921 of 62,079
I looked at the stock tips and saw that they were a lot narrower than the nozzles. Switched to KZ Starline tips, and treble was much better; But the case would not close with those tips in Large. So switched to a wider bore double flange set of tips, that fit the case, and the sound opened up even more. Sound was best with High ANC, and LDAC for me. Low ANC and No ANC seemed to have a different equalization than the High ANC that sounded best. Might want to try some wider bore tips?
Thanks. Tried with Xelastec tips and these sound awesome with good treble extension. However, the bass is a bit bloated sounding to me. Nothing to this date matches the quality of MTW2. Going to sell my Neobuds now.

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #37,922 of 62,079
I was just at CanJam and found the Noble FoKus Pro to be among the best I've heard for a tws. It's not out yet, but should be out sometime in October. Unfortunately, I can't really give details on how it sounds since I tried so many IEMs the last couple days that it's hard to remember, but it is a sound quality focused tws. I'd look out for reviews for whenever it comes out
Nice! If they impressed someone with Elysiums and EE Legends I’ll def grab a pair :)

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #37,923 of 62,079
I was just at CanJam and found the Noble FoKus Pro to be among the best I've heard for a tws. It's not out yet, but should be out sometime in October. Unfortunately, I can't really give details on how it sounds since I tried so many IEMs the last couple days that it's hard to remember, but it is a sound quality focused tws. I'd look out for reviews for whenever it comes out
Great to know, I was about to pull the triger on the Falcon Pro. Will wait a few weeks for the FoKus Pro.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #37,924 of 62,079

Still no Ambient mode tho? :/

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #37,925 of 62,079
Great to know, I was about to pull the triger on the Falcon Pro. Will wait a few weeks for the FoKus Pro.
I have Falcon Pro. They are good but a little bright, not super musical, but detailed for TWS. I prefer warmth of the Sony XM4. I tried the Fokus at Canjam as well and I want them but know I don't need them, lol. Bass is goes deep, mids are lush, treble is present but not overdone. A very musical TWS that puts it at the top of my list. The overall sound is very cohesive, which I was missing from the Falcon Pro. The shell and faceplate look very nice as well.

Sep 28, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #37,926 of 62,079
I have Falcon Pro. They are good but a little bright, not super musical, but detailed for TWS. I prefer warmth of the Sony XM4. I tried the Fokus at Canjam as well and I want them but know I don't need them, lol. Bass is goes deep, mids are lush, treble is present but not overdone. A very musical TWS that puts it at the top of my list. The overall sound is very cohesive, which I was missing from the Falcon Pro. The shell and faceplate look very nice as well.
Cool. I agree with your
assessment of the falcon. They are very sterile. Looking forward to the fokus in light of your comments.

Sep 28, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #37,927 of 62,079
The hiss or floor noise doesn’t exist in my unit. You now have LDAC support, ambient mode and HearID has another feature to tweak it even further but the rest is the same but sound, mostly in the highs according to one review is improved too.
I can’t compare the two but the new ones sound really good using the flat eq. With their Soundcore recommended eq they sound terrible.
Can agree 100% with you there ... very happy with them once EQ'd a little .... don't use Soundcore Sound preset ... it's too boomy ... but they're immensely fun earbuds to listen to and hold themselves in place super well with the wings.

I'd be intersted to know what other "with wings" earbuds are out there as i absolutely need wings for my earholes :wink:

Sep 28, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #37,928 of 62,079
Can agree 100% with you there ... very happy with them once EQ'd a little .... don't use Soundcore Sound preset ... it's too boomy ... but they're immensely fun earbuds to listen to and hold themselves in place super well with the wings.

I'd be intersted to know what other "with wings" earbuds are out there as i absolutely need wings for my earholes :wink:
I have the Fiil T1XS, they come with small wings and some other wings in the box to try. They are small earbuds and fit my ears extremely well and sound great for what they are.

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #37,929 of 62,079
So I have a question for all the Gemini owners. Is there a way to manually disconnect the earbuds from the device they're connected to? They often connect to my laptop automatically when I get them out of the case, while my laptop is in my bag. So I need to pull out the laptop to disconnect them there, and then I can connect to the phone. Very annoying!

Anybody know a solution?

Cheers!

Sep 28, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #37,930 of 62,079
I have the Fiil T1XS, they come with small wings and some other wings in the box to try. They are small earbuds and fit my ears extremely well and sound great for what they are.
FiiL's are usually very good. I remember the FiiL Carat PRO's several years ago. Was one of the best on those times. And the full size version that sounded even better.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #37,931 of 62,079
So I have a question for all the Gemini owners. Is there a way to manually disconnect the earbuds from the device they're connected to? They often connect to my laptop automatically when I get them out of the case, while my laptop is in my bag. So I need to pull out the laptop to disconnect them there, and then I can connect to the phone. Very annoying!

Anybody know a solution?

Cheers!
Not to my knowledge unless you want to enable pairing mode on the buds themselves.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #37,932 of 62,079

I had forgotten how fun these sounded as I've moved on from them. I wish they had included ANC in the upgrade. Not much to complain about at $129 with LDAC but I always want more.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #37,933 of 62,079
I had forgotten how fun these sounded as I've moved on from them. I wish they had included ANC in the upgrade. Not much to complain about at $129 with LDAC but I always want more.
Yeah -- but just think .... they'll make another good value v3 ... but yeah -- current ones are FUN and i think that gets lots a lot in the audiophile world .... it's why i've kinda edged back away from some stuff and focussing on what makes music enjoyable ... just chilling and enjoying it

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #37,934 of 62,079
FiiL's are usually very good. I remember the FiiL Carat PRO's several years ago. Was one of the best on those times. And the full size version that sounded even better.
I honestly wasn’t expecting much from them but I was wrong. Very nice balanced sound. Detailed enough, pleasant on the go. The fit is one of the best for me which makes the whole experience very good.
For what they are with the Fill+ app they are extremely good value.

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #37,935 of 62,079

Anybody know a solution?

Cheers!
I’ve found the same wrt to laptop. If connected to my iphone or Watch, I can force a disconnect by tapping to connect to something else. With laptop however, I think I’ve had to disconnect from the laptop each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back