Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 22, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #37,756 of 62,125
I just wanted to say I like the Comply TrueGrip TW-200-C on both my Sony XM4 and M&D MW08S.
Especially with the MW08S, the Complys limit the bass a little (that's a good thing), while mids and highs still are detailed and crisp.
The foam is also very comfy with both. Limits noise when chewing, walking/running etc.

Edit: I have to use size large on both.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #37,758 of 62,125
Sound quality speaking, which one do you prefer, the Nuratrue or the Shure TW2?
I like the Shure solution but afraid I’ll find the sq underwhelming since the drivers are essentially entry level, no?
You can get the Shure TW2 adapters and pair them with a better Shure IEM. The SE215 are cool, but once you upgrade to a higher end model, it's hard to go back. I've been using the SE846s on those TW2 adapters, so in this case they sound phenomenal in comparison. 4 drivers, better separation, clean sound. I thought I'd return the SE846 and stick with the stock SE215, but it's not even close. As I know you know, it's truly hard to compare a quality IEM to a single driver/relatively inexpensive TWS earbud in what the Nuratrue are. That said, the Nuratrue are still very very good for $199. They haven't been getting much love lately. Mostly because they don't seem to fit my ears as well as my others. After a while my left ear hurts. Don't get me wrong, they do sound great. Nura's EQ software tech pretty amazing IMO. It's just that right now I have some other heavy hitters that are getting much more air time, especially a new set of cans this week :wink:

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #37,759 of 62,125
You can get the Shure TW2 adapters and pair them with a better Shure IEM. The SE215 are cool, but once you upgrade to a higher end model, it's hard to go back. I've been using the SE846s on those TW2 adapters, so in this case they sound phenomenal in comparison. 4 drivers, better separation, clean sound. I thought I'd return the SE846 and stick with the stock SE215, but it's not even close. As I know you know, it's truly hard to compare a quality IEM to a single driver/relatively inexpensive TWS earbud in what the Nuratrue are. That said, the Nuratrue are still very very good for $199. They haven't been getting much love lately. Mostly because they don't seem to fit my ears as well as my others. After a while my left ear hurts. Don't get me wrong, they do sound great. Nura's EQ software tech pretty amazing IMO. It's just that right now I have some other heavy hitters that are getting much more air time, especially a new set of cans this week :wink:
Thanks bud, much appreciated.
Was thinking ordering the Shure with the 215 since I have the UE900 that I can pair them with at home and the 215 when out and about as I don't need the best sound when I'm on the go.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #37,761 of 62,125
Thanks bud, much appreciated.
Was thinking ordering the Shure with the 215 since I have the UE900 that I can pair them with at home and the 215 when out and about as I don't need the best sound when I'm on the go.
Why not just use your UEs? Save yourself the 40 bucks. But I get what you're saying. I was actually going to return my Aonic 215s and exchange them for the adapters only, but after having to pay shipping them back, I'm just going to keep them. They'll probably sit in a box forever.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #37,762 of 62,125
IMHO the Nura Trues outperform SHURE SE846 in pretty much everything, including separation/imaging (not that it is amazing, but sounds better to me). SE846 is pretty limited in that area, hated them, with the exception of the bass. It's pretty odd for a 4 driver configuration, but it's what it is. They sound veiled, congested and not high-end at all. The Nuras sound much more lively, open and fun. How can 1 dynamic driver best 4 BA's? Of course it is possible.

So, concluding, I wouldn't pay more than 200€ for an SE846, let alone the SE215. Unfortunately I did and lost alot of money selling them near brand new. Obviously my opinion is just my opinion and can't match everyone's taste, but I was accostumed to 2000€+ IEMs like the LCD-i4, QDC Anole VX and others. It was quite a shock the difference for the SE846 that is WAY overpriced. You have LCD-i3 at the same price sounding much better.

If you want an amazing 3 driver IEM that outperforms SE846 by quantum leaps and cost $300, get FLC8n. It's the closest thing you can get to 1000€ IEMs.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #37,763 of 62,125
IMHO the Nura Trues outperform SHURE SE846 in pretty much everything, including separation/imaging. SE846 is pretty limited in that area, hated them, with the exception of the bass. It's pretty odd for a 4 driver configuration, but it's what it is. They sound veiled, congested and not high-end at all. The Nuras sound much mnore livelier, open and fun. How can 1 driver best 4? Of course it is possible. So, concluding, I wouldn't pay more than 200€ for an SE846, let alone the SE215. Unfortunately I did and lost alot of money selling them near brand new.
Then I must be completely deaf :wink: Anyone know a good Audiologist?

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #37,765 of 62,125
After one month of owning the Geminis with Final Type E tips, I can't believe I'm listening to these more than my ZMF Verite Closed cans....

I still can't wait for the new firmware to improve battery life.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #37,766 of 62,125
IMHO the Nura Trues outperform SHURE SE846 in pretty much everything, including separation/imaging. SE846 is pretty limited in that area, hated them, with the exception of the bass. It's pretty odd for a 4 driver configuration, but it's what it is. They sound veiled, congested and not high-end at all. The Nuras sound much more livelier, open and fun. How can 1 driver best 4? Of course it is possible.

So, concluding, I wouldn't pay more than 200€ for an SE846, let alone the SE215. Unfortunately I did and lost alot of money selling them near brand new. Obviously my opinion is just my opinion and can't match everyone's taste, but I was accostumed to 2000€+ IEMs like the LCD-i4, QDC Anole VX and others.
You have made it clear you don't like them but there are clearly those who like the SE846, myself included. We clearly have different preferences. That is ok. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

However, you also mentioned in a previous post that you paired the SE846 with a Fiio M15. I did a quick search and that DAP is listed as having an output impedance of approx. 1.1 ohm. When I read your first post, I remembered my reaction when I tried to reduce noise by using a certain popular attenuator which increased the OI to 1ohm...you really need an amp that has an output impedance below 1 ohm and as close to zero as possible. Unfortunately the SE846 is just a very picky and sensitive IEM. No secret, I really like mine.

This was part of my hesitation with getting the TW2 but ever since I got it, my other TWS have not been getting any love outside of calls.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #37,767 of 62,125
After one month of owning the Geminis with Final Type E tips, I can't believe I'm listening to these more than my ZMF Verite Closed cans....

I still can't wait for the new firmware to improve battery life.
They really are impressive. The Ear Active Matching is awesome. Helps those with fit issues. I'm using large ePro tips with mine. :L3000:

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #37,768 of 62,125
You have made it clear you don't like them but there are clearly those who like the SE846, myself included. We clearly have different preferences. That is ok. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

However, you also mentioned in a previous post that you paired the SE846 with a Fiio M15. I did a quick search and that DAP is listed as having an output impedance of approx. 1.1 ohm. When I read your first post, I remembered my reaction when I tried to reduce noise by using a certain popular attenuator which increased the OI to 1ohm...you really need an amp that has an output impedance below 1 ohm and as close to zero as possible. Unfortunately the SE846 is just a very picky and sensitive IEM. No secret, I really like mine.

This was part of my hesitation with getting the TW2 but ever since I got it, my other TWS have not been getting any love outside of calls.
Yes, correct, it was just tested with the FiiO M15. Thanks for letting me know that.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #37,769 of 62,125
CA MT folks, does the music stop when you get one bud out of the ear?
I could swear I thought they have ear a detection sensor and visually it looks like they do but that's not the case now.

Also, another interesting thing is that unlike any other IEMs that I have ever used, these don't do well if your seal is too much.
The sound basically becomes so bassy it's unbearable while smaller tips (less of a seal for me) do much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back