Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #37,683 of 62,114
I'm quite impressed with Apple Music and Airpods Pro on iOS15 with Spatial Audio.
Wider soundstage, better separation, deeper and punchier? bass, mids/vocals more from in front (almost like they are standing in front of you singing).
Used this settings: (see pics)

Edit: The Spatial Audio head tracking is important to turn off with music. (it's under Accessibility - Airpods)
I’ve been looking for that head tracking setting…thanks a lot

Sep 20, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #37,685 of 62,114
So my set of Gemini’s arrived. My brief first impressions are overwhelmingly positive, apart from one thing. For reference; I’ve had first hand experience with B&O EQ, XM4, B&O E8 2.0, Grado GT220, Hifiman TWS800, B&W PI7, Airpods Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW, Bose Soundsport free, Galaxy Buds and Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch.

So far, SQ is very impressive. When the music calls for it, it’s really like having a small sub in there but only in a good way. Very nicely executed. And the soundstage is very nice, they sound way bigger than they let you believe (although 10mm is rather large for a tws). ‘High excursion driver‘ sounds very credible, so to speak. The ANC is surprisingly effective; I wasn’t expecting that at all as I found the ANC of the EQ rather disappointing and even the XM4 ANC felt a bit underwhelming to me (But this is from memory now).

One thing I am struggling with a bit is comfort. They‘re executed very comfortable, I can notice there’s no pressure weirdness going on in my head while wearing them even when I’m eating or drinking. That, to me, is quite impressive as all IEM’s do this with me. However, they lean a bit too much against my ear resulting in some sore spotting (but that’s probably just my ears) so I am still experimenting with a nice way of inserting them.

lastly; technically they work like a charm. Connection has been stellar so far, and the app (iOS) works perfectly, and they pop-up as a single device in my BT settings. That’s more than the CA MT can say.

cheers!

it's one of the reasons I couldn't let go my geminis. For me they really hit the spot aesthetically - not too big and don't protrude that much. has a very good open sound. ANC is impressive too. Compared to xm4, they're both equal in cancelling out low freqs. for me but the xm4 cancels out just a bit more on the mid to high freqs. I do prefer its sound over xm4. I just like the longevity of the xm4 (given its size). I feel like after the April update of the geminis, it uses more battery. I watched snyder's JL but wasn't able to finish it on the geminis.

I'm lucky i do not have any comfort/fit issues with both. I just use the large tips and i'm set and done.

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #37,686 of 62,114
I just received the Klipsch T5 II anc today and I was quite impress as I prefer the sound profile over the xm4, mw 08 and nuratrue. The sound of the T5 II is more clear, more focus on mid and high overall and not bass monster like the nuratrue. The anc is quite weak but better than the nuratrue and on par with the mw08.

Attachments

• P_20210920_160937.jpg
    P_20210920_160937.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #37,687 of 62,114
I just received the Klipsch T5 II anc today and I was quite impress as I prefer the sound profile over the xm4, mw 08 and nuratrue. The sound of the T5 II is more clear, more focus on mid and high overall and not bass monster like the nuratrue. The anc is quite weak but better than the nuratrue and on par with the mw08.
That's interesting. Do you feel highs are airier, with better definition than Nura Trues? What about instrument separation?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #37,692 of 62,114
But I strongly suggest that for better clarity in the highs, that you set Immersion Mode to 50% (no more). You can't go wild with bass on these or you lose micro-detail. And even at 50% bass is pretty strong. What you earn in general performance is well worth it. Controlled bass, cleaner mids and highs, better sense of separation. I was at 80% at first (too excited) and now this is another headphone. I also found that just a tiny bit of EQ in the highs makes them shine. Since I've found the sweet spot, I wouldn't try anything else, I'm happy, but Nuraphones were sent already.

Generally speaking, these Nura Trues are oustanding, with the exception of ANC, but I usually listen in quiet environments and on that scenario it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #37,694 of 62,114
The Gemini's published specs estimate 6 hours with ANC on -- so 2.5 would be disappointing. How low was the battery at that point?
Yeah, they aren’t performing to advertised rates. I emailed Devialet about it and they said they were working on a firmware update; hopefully for release in Q4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back