Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 26, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #36,616 of 62,112
Wow, this was a little "crazy".

I've experienced the Lypertek Pureplay Z7 to be a little dark/warm/»dull».
I've also felt that the limited treble/highs that are present, were more prominent on the right bud. An imbalanced feeling compared to XM4/MW08S etc..
Actually been wondering if something were wrong with the left bud.
Then I removed the little glued "plastic-bits" (?) in front of the nozzles, and it's like heaven in comparison.
The result were absolutely no difference between left and right, and the treble sparkles, crispy and detailed as never before.
The difference is just like wow... :)

I dared to do this, because there's spare "bits" included, so I knew they were possible to change.

Seriously... it's like a completely different set of TWS. Not joking, but without the protection-bits, it's actually the best sounding TWS I have.
Edit: I tried to put another set of protection-bits on, and it's much better than the original. There must have been glue-residue in the middle of the pre-mounted ones?

Could also have had some earwax buildup blocking the mesh. Maybe next time try hitting them with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and/or hydrogen peroxide?

You may also be able to pick up some SS nozzle mesh from AE for cheap to try too.

Saw this pic w/o any context...

Wasn't sure what this was till I found this article...
https://vnexplorer.net/jabras-new-t...help-cope-with-hearing-loss-er2021606227.html
"Since they’ve got the form-factor of a pair of true wireless earbuds, the Enhance Plus can also be used like a traditional pair of headphones to stream music or make calls from a paired smartphone. They’re IP52 rated for dust and water resistance, and will be sold in gray and beige. "

Would be sweet if easier to get and the price was right. Still interesting and pretty sweet looking.
Those look cool. Like they would have a very tucked into the ear fit. Somewhat like the old ufo shaped TWS case ones had (can't recall name) or the original bomaker sifi.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #36,617 of 62,112
I agree. "All day ANC" and "Off" are quite similar. I've used "All day" the last times I've listened to the MW08S, and am happy with the sound using that setting.

XM4 doesn't sound better with stock settings and stock tips. As Boolean Bones also said, they were just pretty good until I used the Final E Type tips on them .

Maybe I should've explained it better, regarding the audio feedback. It's the total time switching modes I meant as well.

As I wrote in another post, I also will keep the MW08S because it's (almost) the total package.

Which tips do you prefer using with the MW08S?

I started off using the stock L foam tips but found that they don't fit better than the stock L silicone ones. I've tried the XL silicone ones but they are too big for me, so I'm just using the large silicone ones. Not planning to tip roll these as fit is perfect for me :)

Aug 26, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #36,618 of 62,112
@erockg what sort of witchcraft is needed to fit the wingtips on the T5s?

i honestly don’t know what to make of these mw08s. Some tracks sound silky smooth but some are just boomy and muddy. I tried wavelet but I get a lot of distortion when I enable the EQ. Not sure yet.
I haven’t needed to use them, but usually they slip on and have a lip that locks them on. I didn’t have any issues. Or, you could draw a pentagram on your living room floor and make a blood sacrifice. Either way works.

Regarding the MW08S, I’m on an iPhone most days so I can’t even try wavelet. The MW series is notorious for muddy at times. That said, I’m having good luck with the foam tips on the MW08S. Listening to this right now and loving it:

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #36,619 of 62,112
Could also have had some earwax buildup blocking the mesh. Maybe next time try hitting them with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and/or hydrogen peroxide?

You may also be able to pick up some SS nozzle mesh from AE for cheap to try too.
Could be, good suggestion, but I doubt it. I've not used the Z7 for long and I've felt the imbalance from the start (I think :) ).
But who knows, I didn't study the mesh before I threw the little protection bit away.
If it happens again, I will check and follow your recommendation.

I removed the "bits" again (since I have extra spares), and the Z7 sounds noticably better without them. By my taste. Noticably crisper highs, which I like.
So maybe just not use the protection, and rather try a tip with built in mesh as you say?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #36,620 of 62,112
Could be, good suggestion, but I doubt it. I've not used the Z7 for long and I've felt the imbalance from the start (I think :) ).
But who knows, I didn't study the mesh before I threw the little protection bit away.

I removed the "bits" again (since I have extra spares), and the Z7 sounds noticably better without them. By my taste. Noticably crisper highs, which I like.
So maybe just not use the protection, and rather try a tip with built in mesh as you say?
I meant these:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKPYEMf

Aug 26, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #36,623 of 62,112
Managed to get a pair of Melomania Touch on Amazons Warehouse deals for £80, excited to finally try them out. I've got to throw out a nod to my trusty Fiil T1 Pro which have been filling in nicely while I waited for something else to come along. They're a really fun set and I find them incredibly comfortable, they'll now become my pair for running which I am definitely going to start doing...soon.

Aug 26, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #36,624 of 62,112
Man the Gemini really makes the female vocals shine in a lot of my EDM tracks. I remember I had to EQ the upper midrange on the MT just make the vocals more intimate. I also like how I can EQ the bass region and it still doesn't sound bloated or muddy at all. The treble on the Gemini can be piercing at times, but at the same time it adds some fun to it. If my memory serves me right (when I had both my earpieces), I think the soundstage of the MT is slightly more expansive, and in some songs, I feel more immersed with it than the Gemini. Still need to do more listening, but so far so good. Pairing on my Samsung S21 Ultra is much better and easier than the MT, no hiccups or disruption.

I do like how the touch sensitivity on the Gemini is not as crazy as the MT.
I got my MT yesterday and after spending so much time with the Gemini, I found them somewhat in contrast. To your point, and maybe because the Gemini are simply more mid/high present, I found the MT to have those same frequencies to be recessed. I wouldn’t call the MT bass forward, but to my ears at least, I want to say less clarity than the Gemini; but maybe it’s not clarity, as the SQ was definitely there. Sparkle, is that was it is? I perceived similar “veiling” of those frequencies as I did with the PI7. At least here I can EQ it, but I wasn’t expecting the eq settings I was ending up with.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #36,625 of 62,112

So to be clear, you’re currently running “bit-less”? Based on the pics, I can’t say I’m too surprised by added detail and clarity.
Those metal screens seem very interesting and makes me think kinds like your “plasticky” bits are more common than I would have thought.

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #36,627 of 62,112
So to be clear, you’re currently running “bit-less”? Based on the pics, I can’t say I’m too surprised by added detail and clarity.
Those metal screens seem very interesting and makes me think kinds like your “plasticky” bits are more common than I would have thought.
Yes, right now there's no dust cover mounted. Sound is better without, no doubt about it. (again, in my ears :) )

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #36,628 of 62,112
I think I finally found a set of eartips that make me enjoy the Sony XM4's.
One of the main things that I noticed was that when I've had the Sennheiser i've always been really eager to pick up my earbuds to listen to music just because it sounds so good, but now when they're away for repairs/exchange I haven't been feeling it because as soon as I plug the XM4's into my ears I just get kinda bummed out over how they sound.
I think it's weird because it doesn't seem like many would agree with my assessment but with not only the stock eartips but
MOST eartips it sounds like somebody put a wool blanket over the mids and to me it's really bloating the bass. The sound signature is just not very enjoyable to me.

Now with these eartips (the stock eartips from the Earfun Free Pro) they sound a lot more open and balanced, but they lack the nice sub bass rumble that the Sennheiser has, and it's overall less sparkly, but it's at least clear and balanced, but it still has a bit of that in the upper mids even now but it's way more manageable.

I'm still not sure, I have a buyer that I can sell them to, I just don't know now when my Sennys will be gone for a couple of weeks at least...

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #36,629 of 62,112
I haven’t needed to use them, but usually they slip on and have a lip that locks them on. I didn’t have any issues. Or, you could draw a pentagram on your living room floor and make a blood sacrifice. Either way works.

Regarding the MW08S, I’m on an iPhone most days so I can’t even try wavelet. The MW series is notorious for muddy at times. That said, I’m having good luck with the foam tips on the MW08S. Listening to this right now and loving it:
The pentagram tricked worked. Unfortunately they are a no go with the case so that’s likely a deal breaker. I do prefer the sq to the mw08. Less warm, less bloat and lot more detail and much better soundstage. Wish I could combine the two. The mw08 have a really nice fit. Simple no tricks but largely stable.

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #36,630 of 62,112
The pentagram tricked worked. Unfortunately they are a no go with the case so that’s likely a deal breaker. I do prefer the sq to the mw08. Less warm, less bloat and lot more detail and much better soundstage. Wish I could combine the two. The mw08 have a really nice fit. Simple no tricks but largely stable.
Yeah, you have to take them off with the case, unless you have the waterproof case from the Sport version. Sorry I didn't mention that. I agree, I too like the T5 II ANC better. I just got a response regarding the beeping issue I'm having with the MW08S.

"Thanks for reaching out, and for choosing Master & Dynamic. I am sorry to hear you are having issues, but I hope the below will help. The "beeping" people are hearing on the other end should be resolved with the latest firmware version - 4.4.4."

Of course they ran me through the typical process of resetting, blah blah, all the stuff I've already done. Nice they acknowledged there was an issue, sadly, I'm having that issue. Trying to get a replacement now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back