Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 21, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #36,436 of 61,926
Is there a huge thread like this for over-ear BT headphones? I’ve tried to acquaint myself with the forum a bit but I couldn’t find it when searching. I’ve basically only posted in this thread and the WF-XM4 thread but I’ve been looking into getting a pair of over-ears too sooo.

Sorry for getting a bit off-topic.

Aug 21, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #36,437 of 61,926
Is there a huge thread like this for over-ear BT headphones? I’ve tried to acquaint myself with the forum a bit but I couldn’t find it when searching. I’ve basically only posted in this thread and the WF-XM4 thread but I’ve been looking into getting a pair of over-ears too sooo.

Sorry for getting a bit off-topic.
I've only seen general threads and not one specific like this one.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #36,438 of 61,926
Ordered the MT. Now I’ve got the Gemini, MT, and XM4 on the way…while enjoying the T5. The MW08 and Kef are all that’s left to order (already tried the PI7). The MW08 really seem to have to different experiences on this board.
I suspect the differences in opinion regarding the MW08 have to do more with personal preferences when it comes to sound signature than SQ. My only experience is the MW07 Go and I really enjoy them for when I doing things around the house or working out although the M&D tuning was not my favorite. Also really like the physical buttons. I do find them to be a bit V shaped for my taste and reports of even more bass on the MW08 is what kept me away since I knew that was not the type of sound signature I was looking for. No complaints when it came to SQ though. Will probably replace my MW07 Go whenever the next gen comes out though.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #36,439 of 61,926
I suspect the differences in opinion regarding the MW08 have to do more with personal preferences when it comes to sound signature than SQ. My only experience is the MW07 Go and I really enjoy them for when I doing things around the house or working out although the M&D tuning was not my favorite. Also really like the physical buttons. I do find them to be a bit V shaped for my taste and reports of even more bass on the MW08 is what kept me away since I knew that was not the type of sound signature I was looking for. No complaints when it came to SQ though. Will probably replace my MW07 Go whenever the next gen comes out though.
Yeah, I’ve read “V shape” more than a couple of times…but then at least one or two reviewers say mids/vocals come through with great clarity. I’m gonna keep my expectations in check, but I’d love to be pleasantly surprised. M&D seem to make it easy enough to return if I don’t like them. In this crazy pandemic world, awfully fun to sit/walk around and try all these amazing sonic creations.
Only downside is my wife getting pissed that I never hear her when she’s trying to get my attention.

Edit: I appreciate your differentiating between signature and quality…not sure but I’ve probably been conflating the two in my head…I’m knocking the SQ of PI7 when maybe it’s the signature I’m down on

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #36,440 of 61,926
I’d love to try the EQ. Are they available through anyone other than B&O direct that this time? Quick search shows not yet on Amazon. I have a hard time paying that much without a high end codec on board. It seems like we have hit the peak of how good a single DD can sound in a tws with AAC / APTx as the max codec. A little bit like chasing unicorns.
I got them from B&O direct and they did one day shipping. I've been using them quite a bit. Did a two mile walk with the family, had transparency turned on while listening to the Mets continue their slide. It was awful, but the headphones really did work well. Even sat and ate dinner outside with a toddler and wife. Managed to listen to the game and hold a conversation. I'm a bad husband.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #36,441 of 61,926
Yeah, I’ve read “V shape” more than a couple of times…but then at least one or two reviewers say mids/vocals come through with great clarity. I’m gonna keep my expectations in check, but I’d love to be pleasantly surprised. M&D seem to make it easy enough to return if I don’t like them. In this crazy pandemic world, awfully fun to sit/walk around and try all these amazing sonic creations.
Only downside is my wife getting pissed that I never hear her when she’s trying to get my attention.

Edit: I appreciate your differentiating between signature and quality…not sure but I’ve probably been conflating the two in my head…I’m knocking the SQ of PI7 when maybe it’s the signature I’m down on
I have them. They're great. Build quality from M&D is always spot on. Sound is pretty well balanced with a deep edge. Which I like. ANC isn't as good as my fav the Devialet by far. I don't foresee them leaving my collection. The Kevlar case and wifi charging sold me. Not to mention the insane battery life.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #36,442 of 61,926
I feel your pain :D I have never tried their cans, but I do have a pair of the E8 v1s which I grew sour on.
Personally, I'd say the EQs are the best TWS B&O has made to date.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #36,443 of 61,926
Totally agree. It's all opinion. I have the MW08S (I don't feel it's too bass heavy and the foam tips are great), B&O EQ, Klipsch T5 II ANC McLaren and Devialet Gemini on my desk and they're all so good. Each one has its sparkle that sets one apart from the other. If you have the cash, might as well try them all IMO. But as I always say, if not, and you only want one, the Gemini are my #1 in that group.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #36,444 of 61,926
I have them. They're great. Build quality from M&D is always spot on. Sound is pretty well balance with a deep edge. Which I like. ANC isn't as good as my fav the Devialet by far. I don't foresee them leaving my collection. The Kevlar case and wifi charging sold me. Not to mention the insane battery life.
I’m expecting a solid showdown between the T5, Gemini, and MW08. Priority is SQ and signature. Next is ANC. Don’t need an equalizer (have to spell that out now since there’s a product called EQ) if sound signature is right. Tbh I can live without wireless charging…Ive got wires around; also wouldn’t be surprised if the pad I have is inefficient.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #36,445 of 61,926
Aug 21, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #36,446 of 61,926
I’m expecting a solid showdown between the T5, Gemini, and MW08. Priority is SQ and signature. Next is ANC. Don’t need an equalizer (have to spell that out now since there’s a product called EQ) if sound signature is right. Tbh I can live without wireless charging…Ive got wires around; also wouldn’t be surprised if the pad I have is inefficient.
Definitely will be nice to hear your thoughts. You'll have so much fun for sure!

Aug 21, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #36,447 of 61,926
Sometimes it’s great to have deep pockets, not only in the figurative way, but in the actual way too. I thought I’d lost my Melomania 1+ BT phones case and all on a recent walk. Figured they fell put of my pocket reaching for my wallet or something. Today, four days later, I decided to check the pockets in my baggy shorts one last time. Voila! Way at the bottom. Hence, very happy to have deep pockets!

Aug 21, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #36,448 of 61,926
Sometimes it’s great to have deep pockets, not only in the figurative way, but in the actual way too. I thought I’d lost my Melomania 1+ BT phones case and all on a recent walk. Figured they fell put of my pocket reaching for my wallet or something. Today, four days later, I decided to check the pockets in my baggy shorts one last time. Voila! Way at the bottom. Hence, very happy to have deep pockets!
WOW! Those are some pockets.... With pockets that big, maybe you should just carry some full sized open backed planar headphones?! :wink:

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #36,449 of 61,926
Definitely will be nice to hear your thoughts. You'll have so much fun for sure!
First impression of the Gemini…I think closer to what I hoped/expected the PI7 to be. It’s like loudspeakers in my ears. Strong bass, and the details in the mids and highs are fantastic.
No issues pairing either. Very comfortable, too. (Dare I say more so than the Klipsch). Very easy to set in my ears. Thanks for the recommendation

all that said, would you believe Amazon sent me an open box? Replacement coming Monday , but come on!! Oh well l, back to music

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #36,450 of 61,926
WOW! Those are some pockets.... With pockets that big, maybe you should just carry some full sized open backed planar headphones?! :wink:
Haha, I actually did a cursory check and just figured they were lost. After I changed. Rechecking just took me awhile. The they are deep pockets and the case is really small.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back