Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 16, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #36,286 of 62,114
Mine actually just arrived (I had ordered it yesterday), really fast shipping I guess. Needs to charge before using as per instructions. I think the batteries came completely drained. The case is very tiny which is quite nice. The housings are a little thicker and do stick out, though so do my Jabra.
Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the sound quality and the call quality as well. I have the Jabra Elite Active 75t that I use for my cisco jabber VOIP work calls and I hope this'll make it in the rotation as well. I'll receive mine by wednesday.

Aug 16, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #36,287 of 62,114
Mine actually just arrived (I had ordered it yesterday), really fast shipping I guess. Needs to charge before using as per instructions. I think the batteries came completely drained. The case is very tiny which is quite nice. The housings are a little thicker and do stick out, though so do my Jabra.
Sounds like you'll have similar battery escapades as the AZ70W. Won't be much of an issue unless you haven't used them for a while; a simple top-up once a week should do the trick.

Aug 16, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #36,288 of 62,114
Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the sound quality and the call quality as well. I have the Jabra Elite Active 75t that I use for my cisco jabber VOIP work calls and I hope this'll make it in the rotation as well. I'll receive mine by wednesday.
I have a pair of 85t that don't see as much use as I'd like. The tips are a little wonky, but it still works. The tips of the Panasonic are more comfortable than the 85t's ovular tips. I don't tend to use many of my headphones for VOIP calls, so I won't be able to comment on that. I'm actually really surprised they got to me so quickly.
Sounds like you'll have similar battery escapades as the AZ70W. Won't be much of an issue unless you haven't used them for a while; a simple top-up once a week should do the trick.
I'm not sure how long these were stocked away in storage, what conditions the storage was in, or how much Panasonic charges them from factor. Batteries do drain if unused, though you are right, some seem to do it much faster than others. The housings have finally finished charging, the case is still not quite half way yet.

_____

Edit: there is a firmware update for mine.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #36,289 of 62,114
New Sennheiser app update. Fingers crossed the new products refers to MTW3.

3041BB83-2CA1-4C58-B3CA-EBDFFAE97636.jpeg

Aug 16, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #36,290 of 62,114
New Sennheiser app update. Fingers crossed the new products refers to MTW3.

Latest filings show a CX Plus true wireless. Marketing planned for Sept. 14, 2021.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #36,291 of 62,114
After selling off the Melomania Touch (just could not get a comfy fit) and promptly losing the Melomania 1+ (literally the next day; new ones arriving tomorrow), I am down to a single pair of TW in-ears, the Status Audio Between Pros. I just wasn't using them and that was not being fair. I went out earlier, set the Kaiser Audio player EQ with a touch of added bass (personal preference) and damn, to my poor old ears, these things sound fantastic. I know they are not in much demand here, but at the Indiegogo price of $75, it's like theft. Back at home, listening to String crooning My Funny Valentine on Chris Botti's Live album ... wonderful sound, balanced, treble not harsh but hardly soft, mids on the money. Now, I just hope they don't have any issues, because I saw that some are having trouble getting the Status folks to respond to problems. Anyway, just an observation. I had deserted the BPs, but rediscovered them.

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #36,292 of 62,114
After selling off the Melomania Touch (just could not get a comfy fit) and promptly losing the Melomania 1+ (literally the next day; new ones arriving tomorrow), I am down to a single pair of TW in-ears, the Status Audio Between Pros. I just wasn't using them and that was not being fair. I went out earlier, set the Kaiser Audio player EQ with a touch of added bass (personal preference) and damn, to my poor old ears, these things sound fantastic. I know they are not in much demand here, but at the Indiegogo price of $75, it's like theft. Back at home, listening to String crooning My Funny Valentine on Chris Botti's Live album ... wonderful sound, balanced, treble not harsh but hardly soft, mids on the money. Now, I just hope they don't have any issues, because I saw that some are having trouble getting the Status folks to respond to problems. Anyway, just an observation. I had deserted the BPs, but rediscovered them.
I actually enjoy the BPs quite a bit. The only thing off putting for me is the form factor…. I just cannot get over the feeling that it looks like I am wearing USB drives in my ears. But yes they do sound very pleasant indeed. However they are quite basic with no app and no ANC, so even pleasing sound isn’t quite enough to convince me to recommend them. But to each their own!

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #36,294 of 62,114
I actually enjoy the BPs quite a bit. The only thing off putting for me is the form factor…. I just cannot get over the feeling that it looks like I am wearing USB drives in my ears. But yes they do sound very pleasant indeed. However they are quite basic with no app and no ANC, so even pleasing sound isn’t quite enough to convince me to recommend them. But to each their own!
Understood. I don’t mind the fit/form factor. And ANC or an app not needed. The Kaiser Audio player does what I need EQ-wise, and I seldom use TW in-ears at home, opting for on ear of over ear phones. But at $149, there are other options. At $75, a true value for me.

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #36,296 of 62,114
PXL_20210817_045614850.jpg

Funnily enough, I remember getting these CF01 specifically in the hopes it would help me take the P1 wireless. While it's still not a replacement for a good desktop solution, I'm proud to say they still sound friggin' fantastic. With the stock foam tips, even...imagine that.

And it's in this configuration that I took a trip to the local convenience store. Only the loudest of engines were able to break through (the kind you feel before you see), otherwise it was like a cocoon inside my head. What surprised me most was hearing how well-positioned and how realistically things moved around on the soundstage. I deliberately picked out a few tracks that featured wide stereo panning to test this and it's honestly impressive how glued the sound field is.

But what about the CF01?! Long term opinion is that they're worth it. I really like how stress-free the case has been. Hinge still works great, all the padding inside is still plush, and it fits gobs of extra tips/potentially even another IEM set in there if you wanted to. The OE adapters worked a treat, especially in terms of ergonomics with the Blessing 2. Sad that this is a differentiator, but it has wireless charging that works. Just about everything I've connected to it sounds impeccable, especially the Campfire Honeydew (only other source pairing I preferred more than it was the Qudelix 5K).

Verdict? She's pricey, but she works hard for the money.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #36,297 of 62,114

Funnily enough, I remember getting these CF01 specifically in the hopes it would help me take the T1 wireless. While it's still not a replacement for a good desktop solution, I'm proud to say they still sound friggin' fantastic. With the stock foam tips, even...imagine that.

And it's in this configuration that I took a trip to the local convenience store. Only the loudest of engines were able to break through (the kind you feel before you see), otherwise it was like a cocoon inside my head. What surprised me most was hearing how well-positioned and how realistically things moved around on the soundstage. I deliberately picked out a few tracks that featured wide stereo panning to test this and it's honestly impressive how glued the sound field is.

But what about the CF01?! Long term opinion is that they're worth it. I really like how stress-free the case has been. Hinge still works great, all the padding inside is still plush, and it fits gobs of extra tips/potentially even another IEM set in there if you wanted to. The OE adapters worked a treat, especially in terms of ergonomics with the Blessing 2. Sad that this is a differentiator, but it has wireless charging that works. Just about everything I've connected to it sounds impeccable, especially the Campfire Honeydew (only other source pairing I preferred more than it was the Qudelix 5K).

Verdict? She's pricey, but she works hard for the money.
Those P1 (I assume you meant P1, not T1) are one of those very rare things that only happen once in a while. They have been very polarizing because they are hard to find something that they sound to their potential on (making them worth the $170 original asking price), but when you find something that they synergize with, and are driven properly, (IMO) they sound like $700, $800, $900 or even more.

I still have yet to try those CF01's, but they have never left my radar. Glad they are still in your rotation. :)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #36,298 of 62,114
Understood. I don’t mind the fit/form factor. And ANC or an app not needed. The Kaiser Audio player does what I need EQ-wise, and I seldom use TW in-ears at home, opting for on ear of over ear phones. But at $149, there are other options. At $75, a true value for me.
To me they sound better than the Melomania Touch and they fit way better. Only downside, compared to the Melomania's, is that they don't have an app.
As for the customer service, apparently they had some kind of a technical problem with Zendesk; I got the responses to all my requests the last couple of days. So that seems solved. If you send them the order number, you get an extra 6 months of warranty.

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #36,299 of 62,114
Hello to all, hope everyone is healthy.
Till now i was listening to music through my sansa clip+ and my oneplus 7t pro from my betrusted rha ma390.
Now i need some tws that can handle music and movies through netflix, youtube with low latency. ANC is not that important.
The budget can stretch to a 250euro amount.
I have been all around for reviews and i am so confused. From Samsung buds plus to sennheiser mtw2 and xm4s.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #36,300 of 62,114
Hello to all, hope everyone is healthy.
Till now i was listening to music through my sansa clip+ and my oneplus 7t pro from my betrusted rha ma390.
Now i need some tws that can handle music and movies through netflix, youtube with low latency. ANC is not that important.
The budget can stretch to a 250euro amount.
I have been all around for reviews and i am so confused. From Samsung buds plus to sennheiser mtw2 and xm4s.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I don't really have a rec for you because I don't own any that have LL. There are not a ton of options that actually have LL codec implemented, though there are some that don't actually have it, but do get pretty good latency. None of the pairs I have are able to do Youtube without latency. They do Netflix pretty well, and obviously music. Youtube seems to be the stick to measure low latency connections IMO. There is a lot of marketing with TWS where they advertise LL, but you will find they don't actually have the AptX LL codec implemented.

Samsung buds have great low latency, but you need to have an actual Samsung phone in order to take advantage of their proprietary "adaptive" codec. I have heard that the sonys seem to be pretty good in this area, but I cannot confirm?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back