Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 5, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #35,883 of 62,022
Sure --- we'll definitely keep you in mind. This model is not really the main priority for us at the moment, however, so it's unclear when we'll be introducing it to other markets at this time. The goal for us, currently, is to refresh our older wired product lines, such as the FALCON and TITAN.
I would love to hear your thoughts as to why high end iem companies like Dunu are not embracing true wireless. I firmly believe there is a market for higher end tws. Is it the limitation of bluetooth that holds you back?

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #35,884 of 62,022
Some more observations on the XM4 ... now 12h later and well, not that much play time yet .. but some interesting findings
a) red flashing charging case! Quick google later reveals this is when it gets too hot'n steamy on the charging pad! Can't say I have read that before. Apparently to protect the battery.
b) I had changed to spinfits and thought about trying for a short run, but with those tips the fit felt less secure and I was not in the mood to change back to memory foam tips .. so, no run test today
c) While they don't have multipoint, the way I can change between devices is super easy (barely an inconvenience) .. just hold both buds a few seconds, they are in pairing mode and on my Redmi even a window pops up ... no need to look for the phone that was last connected and make it 'forget' those buds.

Still very smitten with the sound ... one review calls the bass 'sublime' and I could not agree more. It is not in your face deep and punchy .. it is smooth and persuasive ... and in the highs I am more aware of little cymbals and tiny knick knacks ...
“super easy (barely an inconvenience)” a “Screen Rant” fan? :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #35,885 of 62,022
@clerkpalmer got them today. They're great! Everything I wanted in the T5 and T5IIs to be and more. Soundstage is comparable to the T5 II non-ANC, but maybe a touch better on the ANC version. Probably because of DIRAC. LOVE the case. The tire-like rubberized texture is so much better than the chrome or the plastic of the sport versions. Just set them up and will be experimenting. Wireless charging works like a charm. Bragi gestures are great, but I do wish there were more. That said, the do work! I'll have to compare/contrast with all the others in my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_7154.JPG
    IMG_7154.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7155.JPG
    IMG_7155.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7153.jpg
    IMG_7153.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 6, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #35,886 of 62,022
Hello Mates,
Recently i got the hands on the Sony WF 1000XM3 and man i got blown away by the sound it produced! This thing punches way above its price point!! The small tiny 6mm DD was able to gave this kind of dynamics in the sound with excellent bass response. The technicalities are above average for a TWS and this just made my Ikko OH10 question that its worth spending a lot on wired iem?! Hope everyone have a good day!

Aug 6, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #35,887 of 62,022
@clerkpalmer got them today. They're great! Everything I wanted in the T5 and T5IIs to be and more. Soundstage is comparable to the T5 II non-ANC, but maybe a touch better on the ANC version. Probably because of DIRAC. LOVE the case. The tire-like rubberized texture is so much better than the chrome or the plastic of the sport versions. Just set them up and will be experimenting. Wireless charging works like a charm. Bragi gestures are great, but I do wish there were more. That said, the do work! I'll have to compare/contrast with all the others in my collection.
Have been doing some quick testing. ANC is not as powerful as Sony or Sennheiser. I am thinking it could be the tips. What is your experience with the warriors????

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #35,890 of 62,022
Aug 6, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #35,893 of 62,022
Interesting that these pictures have shown up on a Russian forum --- we've only released the DTW1000H to customers in China who pre-ordered the LUNA way back in December 2019. The DTW1000H was one of the perks of the pre-order. Right now, we're still undergoing the international wireless certification process, so it is a China-only model for now. It may be some time before we release it globally, and perhaps only in select markets at first.

But some quick specs: 1 DD (7.5 mm beryllium-plated) + 2 BA (dual Knowles driver), with a high-end Qualcomm chipset, supporting BT 5.2, AptX Adaptive, and low-latency gaming mode. Battery life is estimated to be around 8 hours of playback, and 40 hours with the charging case.

If by any chance you’re looking for a tester in Europe, namely in Portugal, I can be it. It would be a great honor.

Dunu, you’ve sparked our interest, very much so. Let me hear those words. Let me hear that sound.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #35,895 of 62,022
Really enjoying them. I need to do more testing but so far I’d put them up there with the best in terms of sq.

damnit! More money to spend. Where did you find this?
Alright, just ordered a set in gun metal color. I’m clearly obsessing over trying them since I can’t stop look at them online. Looking forward to comparing to PI7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back