Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 10, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #35,146 of 62,114
Anyone wanna try these...
1625948801810.png

1625948750300.png

Also, was thinking/waffling on if I would sell my JVC HA-AE5T. If any is into a sports runner's TWS let me know. :)

Jul 10, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #35,147 of 62,114
Depending on the tips you get, it's great. The MT, when you get a good seal, just kinda fill out the outer ear's cavity, plugging up your ear canal. Makes for pretty impressive passive isolation. Even if the streets next to my house are really busy, I usually don't have to take volume above half. It gets PLENTY loud, so don't worry about headroom.

And noticed there's a new ZenDesk article for anybody who's been having volume-related issues. Might be worth checking it out:
https://melomania.zendesk.com/hc/en...nia-Touch-are-connected-to-an-Android-device-
Thanks :) any particular tips you recommend, looking at picking up a pair of these next week hopefully

Jul 10, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #35,148 of 62,114
Depending on the tips you get, it's great. The MT, when you get a good seal, just kinda fill out the outer ear's cavity, plugging up your ear canal. Makes for pretty impressive passive isolation. Even if the streets next to my house are really busy, I usually don't have to take volume above half. It gets PLENTY loud, so don't worry about headroom.

And noticed there's a new ZenDesk article for anybody who's been having volume-related issues. Might be worth checking it out:
https://melomania.zendesk.com/hc/en...nia-Touch-are-connected-to-an-Android-device-

the MT were the loudest set I've tried between the MTW2, XM4, the top end Technics, the JBL Club Pro Plus. They all kind of topped out near the same volume whereas the MT had a noticeable bit extra volume.

Jul 10, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #35,149 of 62,114
Thanks :) any particular tips you recommend, looking at picking up a pair of these next week hopefully
I use the Spinfit CP360 on mine. They are a bit longer than regular TWS, but short enough to still allow the buds to charge correctly. For me they fit very nicely, where the stock tips don't.

Jul 10, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #35,150 of 62,114
I'm pretty keen on the Azla Crystal for grip or, if you need a few mm extra distance to your ear, then potentially the E-Pro TW00 (both are available on Amazon). The Azlas certainly aren't cheap, so might be better to start with the E-Pro and see what you think of them first. Both are case-compatible.
the MT were the loudest set I've tried between the MTW2, XM4, the top end Technics, the JBL Club Pro Plus. They all kind of topped out near the same volume whereas the MT had a noticeable bit extra volume.
Yeah, they have significantly more headroom than most. Never really figured out how that's possible, but I don't have issues with the MT being too quiet.

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #35,151 of 62,114
I almost hate to reply to this so many days after the original post, because i'm betting a lot of people have shared what I'm about to. But just incase that isn't true, @Dregur it might depend on what phone you're using these with. Even on older phones with QC SOCs on the 800 series prior to 845, as well as other 6 and 7 series, I've found that if I have a True Wireless model that is otherwise capable of being used in mono, i can pair each individually, and use one at a time. When both are out, the handoff is generally seamless. The phone stays paired with the TWE that was out first, and worst case scenario I've had to resume the audio. Can't speak to how this might work with an IOS Device or on Android phones with mediaTek SOCs.
Regarding the WF XM4, @DigDub both TWEs pair to the phone at the same time. If one is placed in the case then the audio usually and I'd say 90-95% of the time, doesn't stop playing from the other TWE. I've been using these pretty consistently for 12 days now, and have switched to mono with each often, and never had the audio stop. But after reading your post, I wanted to see what would happen if I kept swapping them wrapidly. only then did the audio stop and I had to resume it FWIW.
I switched them in and out probably 20 times, and the audio stopped twice. But in more normal use cases, as I mentioned, switching from one to the other while keeping one in has been smooth sailing.
Also, the WF XM4 remember the state they're in, so if I leave them in Ambient, put them both away and pull them out later, they're in Ambient. if I place the left TWE in the case while in ANC then the right TWE seems to switch from trying to use ANC to passive. i can hear it cycling, but it doesn't go in to Ambient mode. But if I've previously had Ambient mode on while both were out, then ambient remains active with either TWE being used in mono.
Yeah, we figured that if you have the Google Assistant on, only the right side stays on. If you turn off the assistant, you can use each side independently.

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #35,153 of 62,114
Well having tried the Creative Outlier Air v2 now, I can say I'm very impressed with the sound, particularly the bass, they're giving me the very low end I was looking for. But, and I don't really know how to describe it, there's this very occasional and random sort of clipping sound I get where someone is talking and then one of the buds sounds like it's momentarily distorted, albeit only for a split second. But I never get that on my other buds.

In terms of comfort, they fit well and won't fall out and are basically comfortable. But they're quite thick making me more aware of them and putting a little more pressure in my ears than I like. They're not quite as comfy nor 'disappear' in my ears so to speak like my Mpow M30. So at the moment, the jury is out. I'll have to test for longer to see if I keep getting the clipping and can get used to the way they feel in my ears. My feeling though is that I might be returning them for something else. I'll update soon.

same as the Outlier v1, sound great, ok fit, work good, amazing battery life, and they are let down by quality issues, battery, clipping. stuff like that.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #35,154 of 62,114
I recently picked up the Techincs AZ270W and have been very impressed about how good they sound. I use them with the Wavelet app EQ setting and they sound excellent. They are noticeably better than the Galaxy buds, which I have owned for a while. Previously the best wirelss set up I had was the Moondrop Kanas Pro with Trn Bt20s adapters. This set up sounds really good, but I think the Technics sound better. The Technics respond really well to EQing and there is a very noticeable difference between Wavelet app working its magic and them being heard without EQ. Although, I will still likely pick up a pair of the Devialet’s, but I don’t expect to sound better than these.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #35,155 of 62,114
Ditched the PI7 for XM4's and now Im ditching them for the Devialet Gemini. IMO it is the best sounding TW available yet. If you listen to acoustic, electro-acoustic, modern classical, classical, jazz, these are the ones to get, the Gemini's are at another level of resolution. The NC is as excellent as the XM4's but more natural, if you use comply the NC is at the top, however, I prefer how they sound with silicon tips.

Jul 11, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #35,156 of 62,114
Ditched the PI7 for XM4's and now Im ditching them for the Devialet Gemini. IMO it is the best sounding TW available yet. If you listen to acoustic, electro-acoustic, modern classical, classical, jazz, these are the ones to get, the Gemini's are at another level of resolution. The NC is as excellent as the XM4's but more natural, if you use comply the NC is at the top, however, I prefer how they sound with silicon tips.
I have both the XM4 and the Gemini.
I agree the Gemini sounds better - but I mostly stopped using them due to fit issues. No matter what, I start having pain after about an hour.
I can wear the XM4 all day. At some point it is hard to justify the pain…

Jul 11, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #35,157 of 62,114
OK let's make this less restrictive, maybe someone can help:
Please recommend ANY true wireless IEMs that are front-vented or semi-open and don't allow ear canal pressure build-up.
Here is an example of what a front-vent is: https://www.audioreviews.org/the-iems-two-vents-principles/
Basically a small hole in front of the driver. Did you encounter any budget (like $60 or so) TW IEMs in this design?
Thanks!
Jabra 85t refurbished on ebay.

Jul 11, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #35,158 of 62,114
Jabra 85t refurbished on ebay.
I think that's a little above their price range, but will agree with you; zero pressure buildup with those.

@KopaneDePooj don't know how much you're going to find down in the price range you mentioned. I would suggest the 85t as well, enough so that it's worth stretching the budget. You'll get what you're looking for without compromising pretty much anywhere else. Pricing on the refurbs isn't as bad as you think:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164667800671?epid=18044195201&hash=item2656f73c5f:g:EXkAAOSwOLFgD8sC

Fwiw, both of my Jabras were bought through that store and work/look great.

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #35,159 of 62,114
Thanks for that info. If a measure of headphones' quality is how well they help you resist buying other headphones then the Devialet scores very highly with me.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #35,160 of 62,114
I have both the XM4 and the Gemini.
I agree the Gemini sounds better - but I mostly stopped using them due to fit issues. No matter what, I start having pain after about an hour.
I can wear the XM4 all day. At some point it is hard to justify the pain…
How much better and in what way? I have noble falcon pro and xm4. Falcon pro more treble detail definitely, but xm4 sounds more cohesive and blended. Warm, soothing. Enjoy the music with xm4, where falcon pro simply hear more of what is there. Hybrid vs what I believe is a single dynamic in the xm4, right? Details on signature of Gemini would be appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back