Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 15, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #34,306 of 62,032
The 2BA looks nice. I considered it but am passing. I hate Kickstarter and why are these not releasing until August (which means August 31st). They’ve been advertising these for over a month. It’s too hard to put money down and wait two to three months. There could be a dozen new models by then. Patience is not my thing.
They're going to wind up in hot water for that "first LDAC" claim, then, as the XM4 are already on the market.

For some reason, I can't just impulse-buy these. $125ish for the 2-BA model is more than fair, but I'm not excited about these. Must be because I already have the WH3, so please don't let me sway your decisions.

Jun 15, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #34,307 of 62,032
They're going to wind up in hot water for that "first LDAC" claim, then, as the XM4 are already on the market.

For some reason, I can't just impulse-buy these. $125ish for the 2-BA model is more than fair, but I'm not excited about these. Must be because I already have the WH3, so please don't let me sway your decisions.
Same boat. These will go in the pile with every other average set of tws I have amassed.

Separately, is anyone running the moondrop aria with a BT20s? If so, how’s the synergy? Apologies if this has been covered already.

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #34,308 of 62,032
The 2BA looks nice. I considered it but am passing. I hate Kickstarter and why are these not releasing until August (which means August 31st). They’ve been advertising these for over a month. It’s too hard to put money down and wait two to three months. There could be a dozen new models by then. Patience is not my thing.
I have a largely losing record with campaigns I have backed on Kickstarter…. The products never actually ship (not worried about that here), or I am displeased with the final result. I would love to see more reviews and actual customer testimonials. I may buy the WH2 in the future, but I will wait.

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #34,309 of 62,032

In hot water with who? Realistically no one is gonna go after them for that type of false claim

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #34,311 of 62,032
I’ll bet Sony gives them a c&d letter. So ludicrous. Particularly since these aren’t launching until August.

Seriously doubt it, Sony is making money off the licensing fee on these and Sony benefits just in marketing whenever new LDAC products are released. It would be counterproductive for them to go after Hiby.

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #34,312 of 62,032
I just got the M&D mw08. I can understand why some say these are a muddy bass mess while some reviewers say these are the best tws earbuds that exists. The fit is very important. If they are jammed too tight in the ears, they give off very boomy and undefined bass. The stock tips are also quite thick, which adds to the boomy bass. I put on some some spinfit cp100 tips and the sound is very clear and balanced now. Breath taking sound quality.

ANVA87G.jpg

These keep tempting me. I love the looks.

Do you have the MT? How does the sound compare?

Jun 15, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #34,313 of 62,032
Seriously doubt it, Sony is making money off the licensing fee on these and Sony benefits just in marketing whenever new LDAC products are released. It would be counterproductive for them to go after Hiby.
I hope so, but it wouldn't be the first time Sony went after someone for claiming "first to" on something.

For me, personally, though? It's another docking of points against HiBy. Even if Sony may or may not be going after them, the claim isn't accurate and it seems every reviewer wants to make the same statement. I can't tell if that's coming from the reviewers or if HiBy asked them to say that specifically and, since the whole thing even comes up into question, it doesn't sit right with me.

Edit: let's not forget Sony were the guys who went after an emulator company over a screenshot. Not even the software, just the screenshot: https://h2o.law.harvard.edu/cases/5198
I have a largely losing record with campaigns I have backed on Kickstarter…. The products never actually ship (not worried about that here), or I am displeased with the final result. I would love to see more reviews and actual customer testimonials. I may buy the WH2 in the future, but I will wait.
Yep. Our family is still "waiting" on campaigns we funded back in 2014. HiBy's had more successes than others, but I just recovered from the Between Pro incident; not ready to go through that again.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #34,314 of 62,032
These keep tempting me. I love the looks.

Do you have the MT? How does the sound compare?
I do not have the MT. The mw08 is pretty neutral in the mids and highs, with an elevated mid bass which gives an overall warm sound signature. The sound can be altered quite significantly with different tips and responds very well to EQ. The bluetooth connection is the strongest of any tws buds I have so far, it doesn't cut off at all where my other tws buds had difficulty in certain "blind spots" in the house. All the controls are available on the buds, so it's very convenient to use. If m&d can implement an EQ in the app, it would be nice.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #34,316 of 62,032
Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #34,317 of 62,032
I’ll bet Sony gives them a c&d letter. So ludicrous. Particularly since these aren’t launching until August.
HiBy were the first to announce their LDAC TWS though. They announced them like a full month before the xm4 were announced.

I expected Sony to launch with LDAC because it made no sense to me otherwise. Sony would never let someone else get rights to their codec, and they end up not using it in theirs releasing soon at the time.

HiBy should have rushed and put up the Kickstarter page in May to capitalize off it. I bet their agreement with Sony was that they couldn't open their Kickstarter page until June 15, and Sony knew they would have the xm4 out by then. It doesn't really damage Sony at all. In fact, it might help them hype up LDAC couple months in advance before suddenly releasing the xm4 and getting those excited for HiBy LDAC to buy the hype into xm4. Brilliant marketing if you ask me!

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #34,318 of 62,032
6hr battery life and they tested it with sbc, not even aac. With LDAC, it probably plummets to 3hrs. Even for $25, I wouldn't touch that tbh. I was very interested but as soon as I saw that, I closed the window and unsubscribed to HiBy newsletter. Maybe the next release.
Also worth mentioning that aptX is not included, which means it's either LDAC/UAT or AAC/SBC. Just caught that in the comments section.

1623777522535.png

And I don't say this to dog-pile on HiBy, but I'd hate for someone to get a pair, find out LDAC doesn't work for them (or the battery is insufficient), and then be stuck with AAC/SBC due to a lack of alternatives.

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #34,319 of 62,032
Same boat. These will go in the pile with every other average set of tws I have amassed.

Separately, is anyone running the moondrop aria with a BT20s? If so, how’s the synergy? Apologies if this has been covered already.
hmm… I didn’t know about the BT20’s… any thoughts on whether those, the UTSW3, or iBasso CF-01s would be best with JH Lola’s?

Jun 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #34,320 of 62,032
Also worth mentioning that aptX is not included, which means it's either LDAC/UAT or AAC/SBC. Just caught that in the comments section.

And I don't say this to dog-pile on HiBy, but I'd hate for someone to get a pair, find out LDAC doesn't work for them (or the battery is insufficient), and then be stuck with AAC/SBC due to a lack of alternatives.
Well I’ll be able to tell you guys that as soon as mine arrive :)

i want to use them in LDAC mode with my Nvidia shield for watching movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back