Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 3, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #33,766 of 61,994
Most companies tend to let the reviewers keep the product. Sony is one of the few that doesn’t, however (unless they changed it up in the past decade).
Was referring more to those who violated the embargo itself. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Sony would ask for product back, even though they probably have some of the largest margins in the game to be able to absorb not profiting from a few review samples.

I did get to keep my OnePlus 6T. Screen died a few months later, but they did let me keep it :wink:

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #33,768 of 61,994
The review queue is loaded again!

IMG_20210603_151123.jpg

It's about time these Status showed up...
WOW! I had some amount of despair for you on these, thinking you would never get them. Gratz (on the new E1DA also)!

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #33,769 of 61,994
WOW! I had some amount of despair for you on these, thinking you would never get them. Gratz (on the new E1DA also)!
One step closer to a mobile "test bench" of sorts. Those E1DA units have to be one of the most insane values in the portable sub-$100 DAC/amp market. Really hope Ivan eventually takes a crack at TWS amplification. Would completely turn the market on its head if he could.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #33,770 of 61,994
just got an email from Tronsmart, they're having a giveaway to celebrate their anniversary, so i just post it here in case anyone's interested to participate:

Tronsmart Celebrates the 8th Birthday

LONDON 15th Jun 2021: Consumer technology expert, Tronsmart, today celebrates its 8th birthday. They are also giving away a number of prizes, including a gift box worth $500, newly launched Apollo Air and Air+ earbuds, and 15% off coupon for geekbuying. The gift box includes a Tronsmart Element T2 Plus Portable Bluetooth Speaker, a pair of Tronsmart Onyx Ace TWS earbuds, as well as customized pen and notebook. Anyone can click her to win them.

First prize: Gift Box valued over $500*30pcs

Second Prize: $99 ANC earbuds Apollo Air+*30pcs

Third Prize: $69 ANC earbuds Apollo Air *50pcs

Lucky prize: 15% OFF coupon for geekbuying

Established in 2013 and celebrating its 8th Anniversary today, Tronsmart is a tech brand that designs and manufactures world-class tech accessories which has been recommended by Qualcomm, Forbes, Yahoo, and many other big companies and media. It also signed Luis Suarez as the official ambassador in 2018. The company has rapidly expanded and sell its products to over 70 countries in many regions including North America, South America, Europe, The Middle East and Asia and has over 40 patents including its SoundPulse® technology. The core value of Tronsmart is to make life easier by providing customers with high-tech, high-quality and high-performance products.

Hope all you can win the gift you want in this competition.

Link to 8th anniversary landing page:

https://www.tronsmart.com/8-year-anniversary.htm

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #33,771 of 61,994
One step closer to a mobile "test bench" of sorts. Those E1DA units have to be one of the most insane values in the portable sub-$100 DAC/amp market. Really hope Ivan eventually takes a crack at TWS amplification. Would completely turn the market on its head if he could.
Yeah, at only $59 for that E1DA V2, if I were in the market for a new DAC, I would give it a shot! But, since we have you to be the guinea pig......... :beerchug:

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #33,773 of 61,994
Busted by Amazon along with Aukey for posting fake reviews etc. Search for mpow amazon ban. Happened around May 11.
WOW! They had the gaul to think they could get away with that with all the scrutiny on Amazon over this very thing? They must not have gotten the memo... :)

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #33,774 of 61,994
I do my best to expect nothing from every pair that shows up to my door now. It's tough, but really helps stave off the disappointment :wink:

I was all prepared to come in with initial impressions of the Between Pro, but there's no way I'm ready for that yet. I find a lot of things about this pair interesting. Some of them are interesting in a good way, a couple not so much. I'll keep you posted. For now, here's another glamour shot:
IMG_20210603_152016.jpg

Case is pretty awkward, FYI. There's no real markings to reference, so hopefully you can recognize how to line the buds up when inserting them into the case. Charging plug is on the bottom as well, which I'm not the biggest fan of. Can't complain for too much at the current price point, though. If they cheap out a little on the case to make sure more goes into the drivers/tuning, that's fine by me.
Case is a mess, have to grab the phones by the tips. Easier to get them in. I got used to it. Looking forward to your take.
Tonight is ES100 + cheap wired IEM night. Blon 03 with balanced cable, Blon Mini and the Zero Carbo Tenore. All $30 or so, and they all sound great. I’m so easy.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #33,775 of 61,994
Case is a mess, have to grab the phones by the tips. Easier to get them in. I got used to it. Looking forward to your take.
Tonight is ES100 + cheap wired IEM night. Blon 03 with balanced cable, Blon Mini and the Zero Carbo Tenore. All $30 or so, and they all sound great. I’m so easy.
Have you tried the bl03 or bl01 with the TRN bt3s? Been a great combo for me.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #33,776 of 61,994
Yeah, at only $59 for that E1DA V2, if I were in the market for a new DAC, I would give it a shot! But, since we have you to be the guinea pig......... :beerchug:
Based off my experience with the 9038D alone, they're a blind buy recommendation. Without question. If you want the more portable one, go 9038. Want something beefy enough to power HD600s? Get the PowerDAC.

But I'll run it through its paces for ya sometime this weekend :)
Glad it's not just me. I've been trying to pinch the outside end and have had horrible luck.

They're very comfortable, though. Any negative marks I have about the sound signature right now don't fully take into account their asking price, so I'm doing what I can to stay fair. These lean closer to the "enlightened consumer" end of the sound signature for me; definite emphasis on lower bass and spatial cues in the upper midrange, but not altogether coherent in between. Midrange detail definitely belies the amount of bass energy, though, and that's a pretty good thing.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #33,778 of 61,994
No, tempted. But I am all good on TW in-ears.
That Mini looks pretty cute. With the right adapter, could make for a really stealth TWS. Haven't gotten on the BLON train, though. Barely survived the KZ rabbit-hole. Don't know if I can go through that again.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #33,779 of 61,994
Based off my experience with the 9038D alone, they're a blind buy recommendation. Without question. If you want the more portable one, go 9038. Want something beefy enough to power HD600s? Get the PowerDAC.

But I'll run it through its paces for ya sometime this weekend :)

Glad it's not just me. I've been trying to pinch the outside end and have had horrible luck.

They're very comfortable, though. Any negative marks I have about the sound signature right now don't fully take into account their asking price, so I'm doing what I can to stay fair. These lean closer to the "enlightened consumer" end of the sound signature for me; definite emphasis on lower bass and spatial cues in the upper midrange, but not altogether coherent in between. Midrange detail definitely belies the amount of bass energy, though, and that's a pretty good thing.
My incoherent brain must be a perfect match! Although I do like the “enlightened consumer” tag!
Kidding aside, they were $79 for me. They do require more fiddling for a solid fit than most. But it pays to have relatively old, less than perfect ears. A feature, not a frill!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #33,780 of 61,994
That Mini looks pretty cute. With the right adapter, could make for a really stealth TWS. Haven't gotten on the BLON train, though. Barely survived the KZ rabbit-hole. Don't know if I can go through that again.
The mini is arguably the most comfortable in-ear I’ve ever tried. Have them in now. Carla Bruni sounds pretty sweet.

I believe BLON has many fewer models than KZ. I’ve had the 03s for a long time. Love them. Bought cheap balanced cable for the ES100. I may need to try that BT adapter. It’s like $30 on ebay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back