Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 3, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #33,752 of 62,022
My bad. I knew that, just forgot the put the "Pro" in there... :)
Hah no worries. Just didn't want someone to mistakenly buy the non-Pro model and miss out on the improvements.

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #33,753 of 62,022
Hah no worries. Just didn't want someone to mistakenly buy the non-Pro model and miss out on the improvements.
At this point, not sure if you can get either of those, until they come out with their updated versions of the DK3001 Pro, and DK2001, but I totally get what you are saying.

From what I have read, the DK3001 and the DK2001 are actually more akin than the 3001 and 3001 Pro. It is getting almost "Hifiman HE400 family" confusing... :)

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #33,754 of 62,022
I own the Hifiman Deva (which are BT and wired), and I find them to not only sound fantastic wireless, but are up there with some of the best, even wireless.

+1 on that. i tried my friend's Deva unit once, and i really like it. i even prefer it paired with it's BT dongle compared connecting it wired to some other BT DAC

Jun 3, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #33,756 of 62,022
+1 on that. i tried my friend's Deva unit once, and i really like it. i even prefer it paired with it's BT dongle compared connecting it wired to some other BT DAC
Deva is hands down the best value for headphones on the planet. 229 open box on hfm website with blue mini. They sound better wired to a dac/amp but they still sound amazing wireless. Hoping HFM expands the use of the blue mini. Technical marvel.

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #33,757 of 62,022
Deva is hands down the best value for headphones on the planet. 229 open box on hfm website with blue mini. They sound better wired to a dac/amp but they still sound amazing wireless. Hoping HFM expands the use of the blue mini. Technical marvel.
I just ordered a balanced cable for mine because while they DO sound better wired, they have not enough volume for those times when you hear a song you just have to crank... :) This coming from SE out of my DX160 which is something like 500(ish)mw. Sheesh, planars. :deadhorse:

This is exactly why I think HFM has done some serious magic with the Bluemini. It has plenty (and to spare) volume, and that little thing drives those planars really well. I agree that this may just be the best value AE phones on the planet. I used to think that the HE400S were, but with the added bonus of wireless, you just can't beat that......

Years ago I bought the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless, and those were the best you could get (at that time). They were also $300, but the HFM offerings blow those out of the water. Nuff' said! lol
Anyone know what's up with no MPOW earbuds being available on Amazon? I went to look for the M30's and they are only available from third party's now. The Flame line is nowhere to be seen either.
They might have had some FW issues or maybe they are just out of stock atm. Their store is still on Amazon, you just can't buy anything atm... I have seen this with other products. I am sure they will be back on there. In the meantime, you can buy them from their website if you want.

Edit: BTW! Looking at your avatar, those look like the B&W P5. I still have those....:) I think they will last forever (built like a tank).

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #33,759 of 62,022
Might pick up a pair of those for running, seem cheap enough and looks like it’s got good reviews for sound and fit.

The hype on the Sony’s will be real, come on they’re not Cambridge audio or B+W, they know their crap lol, don’t expect them to have connection / pairing issues out the box!

Jun 3, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #33,760 of 62,022
Since they are on Amazon, any Sabbat fans getting on the E16 train??
https://www.amazon.com/Sabbat-E16-B...qid=1622757001&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-3
1622760126254.png

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #33,761 of 62,022
The review queue is loaded again!

IMG_20210603_151123.jpg

It's about time these Status showed up...

Jun 3, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #33,762 of 62,022
Looks like Sony is putting out the WF1000XM4 to reviewers. It still under embargo, no details is allowed to share to the public just yet until next week 😜
They probably had to sign non-disclosure agreements with Sony to not publicly discuss or release anything until Sony gives the okay

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #33,763 of 62,022
They probably had to sign non-disclosure agreements with Sony to not publicly discuss or release anything until Sony gives the okay
In my experience, it's usually nothing that formal. Usually, the review team just gets told when the embargo lifts and anybody who violates the review embargo just doesn't get invited to play again. Pretty sure they have to return their gear as well, but that may not always be the case.

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #33,764 of 62,022
Might pick up a pair of those for running, seem cheap enough and looks like it’s got good reviews for sound and fit.

The hype on the Sony’s will be real, come on they’re not Cambridge audio or B+W, they know their *** lol, don’t expect them to have connection / pairing issues out the box!
I do my best to expect nothing from every pair that shows up to my door now. It's tough, but really helps stave off the disappointment :wink:

I was all prepared to come in with initial impressions of the Between Pro, but there's no way I'm ready for that yet. I find a lot of things about this pair interesting. Some of them are interesting in a good way, a couple not so much. I'll keep you posted. For now, here's another glamour shot:
IMG_20210603_152016.jpg

Case is pretty awkward, FYI. There's no real markings to reference, so hopefully you can recognize how to line the buds up when inserting them into the case. Charging plug is on the bottom as well, which I'm not the biggest fan of. Can't complain for too much at the current price point, though. If they cheap out a little on the case to make sure more goes into the drivers/tuning, that's fine by me.

Jun 3, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #33,765 of 62,022
Embargo typically means you can’t say anything about it. No NDAs are signed. But if you say anything, guess who isn’t getting embargo’d press releases anymore due to a pissed off PR rep?
In my experience, it's usually nothing that formal. Usually, the review team just gets told when the embargo lifts and anybody who violates the review embargo just doesn't get invited to play again. Pretty sure they have to return their gear as well, but that may not always be the case.
Most companies tend to let the reviewers keep the product. Sony is one of the few that doesn’t, however (unless they changed it up in the past decade).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back