Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 23, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #33,512 of 62,074
And because he obv did not read this thread, since when are any TWS ideal or live up to claims?

Oh, I read ALL of it. Believe me. I even offered him a choice to look into. Similar to what I even own. It’s just that I got used to TWS and don’t reach for the Bluebuds X that often anymore. And also because the sound quality I have in TWS surpasses the X.

To each his own, if you wanna know someone who is democratic about each one’s choice, that’s me. I guess I was misinterpreted.

Cheers all.

May 23, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #33,513 of 62,074
And because he obv did not read this thread, since when are any TWS ideal or live up to claims?

Still not sure if I like one style better than the other. I like both. I like it when they include a leash to convert into neck wearing but they don't make it work with the case so you have to remove the leash to fit them in the case again. If they have good battery life you can do both ways and ditch the case if you want. Though I would like to see more TWS with the Nuarl like rocker so volume up and down and play/pause can all be one press like you see on most semi-wireless.

May 23, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #33,514 of 62,074
Oh, I read ALL of it. Believe me. I even offered him a choice to look into. Similar to what I even own. It’s just that I got used to TWS and don’t reach for the Bluebuds X that often anymore. And also because the sound quality I have in TWS surpasses the X.

To each his own, if you wanna know someone who is democratic about each one’s choice, that’s me. I guess I was misinterpreted.

Cheers all.

Still not sure if I like one style better than the other. I like both. I like it when they include a leash to convert into neck wearing but they don't make it work with the case so you have to remove the leash to fit them in the case again. If they have good battery life you can do both ways and ditch the case if you want. Though I would like to see more TWS with the Nuarl like rocker so volume up and down and play/pause can all be one press like you see on most semi-wireless.
That is why (IMO) that TWS BT adaptors are a great middle ground between both TWS and wireless BT. There are downfalls for them, but they help bridge the gap between both. They DO have some all new disadvantages of their own though. Like spending more money overall (more that likely), or not pairing very well with a certain IEM, and etc... But even headphone technology, that has been around for MANY years, is still not perfect. I don't believe any of the three things we are discussing will be perfect any time soon, or ever really.

I have a friend that owns the Jaybirds, and really likes them a lot. For myself I don't like wireless BT. If I am forced to use BT it will be in the way of headphones, TWS, or TWS adaptors. But that is my opinion and I would never hinder or influence someone to get something they absolutely don't want. Hell, if you can make the ole' string and a can work without the string, knock yourself out.... :)

I agree with having controls like what is on the Nuarls. I think more should be using it because touch is not quite there yet (for me anyhow). But I also like that they use the same controls on BOTH buds instead of splitting functions between the two. But, at the same time I don't mind the one button on each bud that Hifiman use on their TWS600. It is fairly intuitive, and not easy to accidentally do the wrong thing.

Bose got the controls (almost) right on the Soundsport Free back in 2014. The only problem was that the buttons were TOO stiff, and not quite "clicky". So you could not always tell if you actually depressed the button until you hear whether the action was taken or not. But the layout was overall easy to use and made sense, and was REALLY hard to hit accidentally.

May 24, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #33,515 of 62,074
Either I have the worst luck, or the Melomania Touch is one giant lemon. Once again, my earbuds stopped syncing to my phone, and the left earbud will now not turn on. The right one, after I tried factory resetting both of them at the same time, will not connect to my phone any longer. I'm once again returning them, and will not buy them again.

This doesn't even count the countless connection issues while actually walking around with them.

May 24, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #33,516 of 62,074
Either I have the worst luck, or the Melomania Touch is one giant lemon. Once again, my earbuds stopped syncing to my phone, and the left earbud will now not turn on. The right one, after I tried factory resetting both of them at the same time, will not connect to my phone any longer. I'm once again returning them, and will not buy them again.

This doesn't even count the countless connection issues while actually walking around with them.

Well, I have been praising them, because I love the sound and their convenience, for me unbeatable at their price point. But I must agree that these have been plagued with issues from the start. They were attentive and solved every initial issue with firmware. My first pair was (seriously) fine... until the left bud died after about four months of use. My second pair have been fine so far. But I understand the frustration. If I have another issue with them I just might return and not exchange them. Until then I’m loving the sound rendition over BT. Let’s hope they keep delivering.

May 24, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #33,517 of 62,074
Just throwing my hat in the ring for the Galaxy Buds Pro. With a Samsung device (I have the S21U) that scalable codec is a miracle worker. The fit doesn't feel mega secure but it's a perfect seal for my ears, and my main qualm is that they're hard to adjust thanks to the touch controls. Other than that, I have to say I'm intensely impressed.

May 24, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #33,518 of 62,074
M5 owners, are you using different tips? Seems like the shallow tips included are part of the design to ensure a flush fit. My right ear isn’t sealing with the M and the L was worse. Will these benefit from spin tips or final audio? I could try of course but I’m lazy so thought I’d ask here first.
Edit - looks like the traditional round tips for me better although they give up some soundstage to the flatter wider ones. Enjoying the Hartman tuned sq. Very different from the pI7. Fit is really nice.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #33,519 of 62,074
M5 owners, are you using different tips? Seems like the shallow tips included are part of the design to ensure a flush fit. My right ear isn’t sealing with the M and the L was worse. Will these benefit from spin tips or final audio? I could try of course but I’m lazy so thought I’d ask here first.
I am using Azla SednaEarfit Crystal (ML size) tips on my M5, and they definitely give me a better seal than the stock tips. I have found that tip choices are relatively limited with TWS earbuds since many will not allow the buds to fit into the charging cases.

May 24, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #33,520 of 62,074
I am using Azla SednaEarfit Crystal (ML size) tips on my M5, and they definitely give me a better seal than the stock tips. I have found that tip choices are relatively limited with TWS earbuds since many will not allow the buds to fit into the charging cases.
Thanks. I’ll pop on my final audio tips and see how things sound.

May 24, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #33,522 of 62,074
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum... while I'm not an audiophile, I do love HiFi.

Been looking for a good wireless IEM, main priority is sound quality. Will take it to the gym.

Don't have lots of gear, I mean, the best I owned were the Sennheiser HD598, B&O E8 and now a Dali iO-6.
I do know that I prefer natural sound signatures and good soundstage. I love the Dali, for example. Didn't like the E8 so much. Also, I'm just not so happy paying that much for wireless IEMs, considering there are some good cheaper alternatives.

Many people here talking about Cambridge Audio, so I just have a question, for those who had the opportunity to test both the CA MT and the CA 1 + (Plus):

Is there a substantial difference in SQ, between these two? Which one would you recommend? Also, comparing to the CX400 BT, which is roughly the same price now, would the Sennheiser perform better, regarding sound quality only?

Also, some people seem to recommend getting instead the Moondrop Aria and matching it with a BT adapter, but it seems that all these bt adapters are just expensive, and some deliver significant noise... for anyone who could help me on that, do you think it would be worth getting an Aria + Adapter instead of the CA?

BTW, I've looked into this forum and some others, but to this particular question, I didn't seem to find any answer. That's why I'm asking...

Thank you very much!

May 24, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #33,523 of 62,074
Edit - looks like the traditional round tips for me better although they give up some soundstage to the flatter wider ones. Enjoying the Hartman tuned sq. Very different from the pI7. Fit is really nice.
I tip-rolled for a little bit with the M5 and, like you, decided that I preferred the sound signature out of the flatter stock tips. Refreshing to not have to recommend an aftermarket option for a change, but these really seem to benefit from having effectively no nozzle past the mesh. The Final did something funky to the sound signature (in a not-very-quantifiable way). Eventually, I'll find the SpinFits, but they're apparently hidden very well.

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum... while I'm not an audiophile, I do love HiFi.

Been looking for a good wireless IEM, main priority is sound quality. Will take it to the gym.

Don't have lots of gear, I mean, the best I owned were the Sennheiser HD598, B&O E8 and now a Dali iO-6.
I do know that I prefer natural sound signatures and good soundstage. I love the Dali, for example. Didn't like the E8 so much. Also, I'm just not so happy paying that much for wireless IEMs, considering there are some good cheaper alternatives.

Many people here talking about Cambridge Audio, so I just have a question, for those who had the opportunity to test both the CA MT and the CA 1 + (Plus):

Is there a substantial difference in SQ, between these two? Which one would you recommend? Also, comparing to the CX400 BT, which is roughly the same price now, would the Sennheiser perform better, regarding sound quality only?

Also, some people seem to recommend getting instead the Moondrop Aria and matching it with a BT adapter, but it seems that all these bt adapters are just expensive, and some deliver significant noise... for anyone who could help me on that, do you think it would be worth getting an Aria + Adapter instead of the CA?

BTW, I've looked into this forum and some others, but to this particular question, I didn't seem to find any answer. That's why I'm asking...

Thank you very much!
Totally didn't realize Dali had headgear now. Have an Oberon 1 running as a dedicated center in the HT. That SUB-9 is pretty punchy for its size, too.

More directly to your question, while I don't have a M1+ to compare against, I'd be willing to say that it's a complete toss-up between the MT and ADV M5-TWS in terms of what I think is the most ideal "gym" headphone. The MT will have the benefit of HearThrough, which works well for some here, but I personally haven't found an implementation from any TWS manufacturer that I find...usable. They're nice-to-haves, but all have either just a little bit of perceivable lag or they just don't sound natural to me. Your experience might differ; I'm just saying I probably wouldn't make it a must-have feature. I also believe the M1+ might be more stable as a daily driver compared to the MT and M5. The M5 has pretty abysmal BT range, but as long as you're within line of sight at the gym, I think you'll be fine. The MT seem to be plagued with either not charging within the case or losing connection over time.

Regarding how they'd perform relative to the CX400BT, it depends on what you'll be primarily listening to; I think they're phenomenal on male/female vocals, but they're way too uncomfortable for me to consider using them as a gym set. The MT, at least in my opinion, has a more capable tuning between the two. I'll let the M1+ owners share their own experiences.

If you're looking for something that's not as excellently-tuned (but only marginally so IMO), but more than makes up for it with the included features, I still recommend the Jabra Elite Active 75t with either the Final TWS or EPro TW00 tips; nothing else is going to transition as well from the gym to WebEx/Zoom stuff. If you decide to go this route, just buy refurbished from their official Jabra store; I've bought two sets from them that way and both have been rock-solid stable.

Either way, welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet :)

May 24, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #33,524 of 62,074
I tip-rolled for a little bit with the M5 and, like you, decided that I preferred the sound signature out of the flatter stock tips. Refreshing to not have to recommend an aftermarket option for a change, but these really seem to benefit from having effectively no nozzle past the mesh. The Final did something funky to the sound signature (in a not-very-quantifiable way). Eventually, I'll find the SpinFits, but they're apparently hidden very well.

Totally didn't realize Dali had headgear now. Have an Oberon 1 running as a dedicated center in the HT. That SUB-9 is pretty punchy for its size, too.

More directly to your question, while I don't have a M1+ to compare against, I'd be willing to say that it's a complete toss-up between the MT and ADV M5-TWS in terms of what I think is the most ideal "gym" headphone. The MT will have the benefit of HearThrough, which works well for some here, but I personally haven't found an implementation from any TWS manufacturer that I find...usable. They're nice-to-haves, but all have either just a little bit of perceivable lag or they just don't sound natural to me. Your experience might differ; I'm just saying I probably wouldn't make it a must-have feature. I also believe the M1+ might be more stable as a daily driver compared to the MT and M5. The M5 has pretty abysmal BT range, but as long as you're within line of sight at the gym, I think you'll be fine. The MT seem to be plagued with either not charging within the case or losing connection over time.

Regarding how they'd perform relative to the CX400BT, it depends on what you'll be primarily listening to; I think they're phenomenal on male/female vocals, but they're way too uncomfortable for me to consider using them as a gym set. The MT, at least in my opinion, has a more capable tuning between the two. I'll let the M1+ owners share their own experiences.

If you're looking for something that's not as excellently-tuned (but only marginally so IMO), but more than makes up for it with the included features, I still recommend the Jabra Elite Active 75t with either the Final TWS or EPro TW00 tips; nothing else is going to transition as well from the gym to WebEx/Zoom stuff. If you decide to go this route, just buy refurbished from their official Jabra store; I've bought two sets from them that way and both have been rock-solid stable.

Either way, welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet :)
These seem to sound much better with the flat tips. Less congested and in your head. Fit is ever so slightly off in my left ear.

May 24, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #33,525 of 62,074
These seem to sound much better with the flat tips. Less congested and in your head. Fit is ever so slightly off in my left ear.
Is the tip rolling over/breaking seal or is it just loose? I do wish the tips went up in size just a little more on those fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back