Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 19, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #33,421 of 62,032
What's everyone's go to exercise TWS atm? I'm currently switching between the Mpow M30's because they fit so well, and the Earfun Free Pro's which while not fitting as well, sound fuller.
I've been using the original Earfun Free's. Their passive isolation is excellent with foam tips. I tend to listen to hip hop or something upbeat when working out and these are great for that purpose. No issues with them falling out of my ears when running or biking.

They sound the best with comply tips. I think I tried the ISO 400 on them and it turned them into BASS MONSTERS. Like subwoofers in my ears. The fit wasn't great though as the tips would keep falling out and they wouldn't fit in the case so I stopped using them. Haven't tried the true grip tips yet recommend by comply.

I've been using the extra foam tips from Lypertek instead. They fit in the case and has a better balance of bass/treble.

May 19, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #33,422 of 62,032
"LC3plus is LC3's sibling, equipped with numerous additional functionalities. While comprising all features of LC3, including high speech and audio quality, LC3plus incorporates functionalities for transmission robustness, extremely low-delay use cases and high-resolution audio transmission. To improve robustness, LC3plus contains a very high-performance packet loss concealment algorithm as well as forward error correction schemes such as channel coding or redundancy frame modes. Furthermore, the codec can operate at several low-delay modes – down to 5ms at a 2.5ms packet size, instead of the 7.5 ms frame length mode known from LC3. LC3plus also includes dedicated high-resolution audio modes, which improve the measurable audio quality beyond perceptual transparency (up to 500 kbit/s per channel).

"LC3plus’s dedicated high-resolution audio mode provides a high-quality transmission link of 24 bit and 96 kHz audio data, which performs excellently with regards to Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) and Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise (THD+N). This makes it the ideal codec to bring high-transparency audio streaming to high-resolution wireless accessories such as headsets or loudspeakers. LC3plus is the only open-standard audio codec for high-resolution wireless headsets and high-quality gaming headsets. Fraunhofer IIS can provide support with the implementation of LC3plus in devices based on the Bluetooth A2DP profile."
Cool find. I love that new technology is starting to come to bear. I just wish the LHDC would take off (and LDAC more-so). For those not in the know about LHDC and the LL version thereof (LLAC) here is some info:

Low Latency High-Definition Audio Codec (LHDC) is an audio codec technology developed by Savitech. LHDC allows high-resolution audio streaming over Bluetooth.
LHDC supports bitrates of 400/560/900 kbit/s, bit-depth of up to 24 bit and sample rate of up to 96 kHz.
On 2 September 2018 the Hi-Res Wireless Audio (HWA) Union was formed to promote LHDC adoption.[8] Also known as the HWA Alliance. The HWA Union Board of Directors includes:

Other HWA Union members include:

The problem is that it is not native to android (that I know of), and there are only about 4 media players that include this driver in it. And, they all are not up to par with the likes of something like Neutron, or UAPP....

May 19, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #33,423 of 62,032
What's everyone's go to exercise TWS atm? I'm currently switching between the Mpow M30's because they fit so well, and the Earfun Free Pro's which while not fitting as well, sound fuller.
PI7. The sound is on another level.

I'll post a proper review here soon. I've been going back and forth between them and the Airpods Max; in short, the PI7 (imo) are a better audio device by a good margin.

May 19, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #33,424 of 62,032
PI7. The sound is on another level.

I'll post a proper review here soon. I've been going back and forth between them and the Airpods Max; in short, the PI7 (imo) are a better audio device by a good margin.
Indeedy. I had the pleasure of using them on my bike the other day because my beaters were dead. They sounded great and surprisingly sealed off noise very well. The honestly remind me of full size cans in terms of sound. Not something easily said of iems let alone tws iems.

May 19, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #33,425 of 62,032
Mine are the MW07 Go these days.

May 19, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #33,426 of 62,032
Wow, the CA MT are pretty amazing sounding... simply wow. My other TWS - Liberty 2 Pro, Life A2 NC, and Amazon buds v2, just pale by comparison. No EQ yet applied and already sound better.

My niggles so far: 1. pairing is temperamental (yes, I applied the extra instructions supplied, but I needed to pair them multiple times), 2. the volume up/down by touching the IEMs is too sensitive, 3. the fit is not great - they don’t feel snugly settled in my ears. At this point that’s what I have as complaints...

Not bad, so far, but it’s been less than an hour, so we will see...

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #33,427 of 62,032
Wow, the CA MT are pretty amazing sounding... simply wow. My other TWS - Liberty 2 Pro, Liberty A2 NC, and Amazon buds v2, just pale by comparison. No EQ yet applied and already sound better.

My niggles so far: 1. pairing is temperamental (yes, I applied the extra instructions supplied, but I needed to pair them multiple times), 2. the volume up/down by touching the IEMs is too sensitive, 3. the fit is not great - they don’t feel snugly settled in my ears. At this point that’s what I have as complaints...

Not bad, so far, but it’s been less than an hour, so we will see...
After some time with them, it should get easier to figure out which tip/wing combo works best in your ears; the most stable fit may not be the one that feels the tightest. It took me a while to figure out that Medium EPro TW00/small wings did the best for me. Rock solid fit, but have that standby issue to worry about.

Seems like one's experience with pairing really comes down to which device they use. Pixel was effortless; 8T not so much.

Volume seemed to work best for me when I kept my finger on the bud until it reached the desired volume. Might help the accidental "pause/play" gesture. Alternatively, you can just disable everything expect HearThrough and volume control (my preference).

May 20, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #33,428 of 62,032
Ok, so this may be the week for troubles on the TWS front. I have one of my own that is definitely weird. I had went to bed tonight at around 9:30PM, but couldn't sleep. So, I came back down stairs (phone in hand), and got an email alert. It just vibrated, and didn't make any noise. I checked it for volume, and when hitting the volume rocker I noticed that it was connected to a BT device.

When I went into the settings I saw it was connected to the Nuarl N6Pro. What?? I haven't used them in days, and they were in the case with the lid closed. I have not seen this before. Whenever I do a scan for BT I always see my Bose Soundsport Free because even in the case they are "On" (hence the constant battery drain on the case). But, none of the newer TWS I have, have exhibited this behavior. As soon as I plugged the case into a charger, the connection went away. The case was fully charged, so I am not sure why this happened either. Anyhow, there are MY woes for the week (I hope that is all).
Dang. the N6p has been a battery champ for me. I have let them sit for 3 months once, I was planning to sell them and never got around to it, pulled them out to listen and they were at 100% both iems on my phone. Plus the sound reminded me why i loved listening to them in the first place. Put them back in the case and they shut off. i expected they'd stay on after not being used for so long. Heres hoping what happened for you was a fluke 1 time thing. The only TWEs i have battery drain issues with are the AZ70, and that's if they don't get used, otherwise I can use them for several cycles before needing to recharge, and the battery drain didn't start till 6-7 months of owning them. The OG MTW of course, has had battery drain issues from day 1 if they go unused for a day-day and a half, which hasn't happened much. Though these days i'm lucky to get 2 hours out of them.

May 20, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #33,429 of 62,032
Cool find. I love that new technology is starting to come to bear. I just wish the LHDC would take off (and LDAC more-so). For those not in the know about LHDC and the LL version thereof (LLAC) here is some info:

Low Latency High-Definition Audio Codec (LHDC) is an audio codec technology developed by Savitech. LHDC allows high-resolution audio streaming over Bluetooth.
LHDC supports bitrates of 400/560/900 kbit/s, bit-depth of up to 24 bit and sample rate of up to 96 kHz.
On 2 September 2018 the Hi-Res Wireless Audio (HWA) Union was formed to promote LHDC adoption.[8] Also known as the HWA Alliance. The HWA Union Board of Directors includes:

Other HWA Union members include:

The problem is that it is not native to android (that I know of), and there are only about 4 media players that include this driver in it. And, they all are not up to par with the likes of something like Neutron, or UAPP....
I don't have a compatible headset or accessory of any kind to test this with, but in dev options LHDC is an optional codec to select on my mi Mix2S. It's below the LDAC playback options. But I didn't see Xiaomi on that list. Weird.

May 20, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #33,430 of 62,032
Indeedy. I had the pleasure of using them on my bike the other day because my beaters were dead. They sounded great and surprisingly sealed off noise very well. The honestly remind me of full size cans in terms of sound. Not something easily said of iems let alone tws iems.
Damnit, don't tempt me to buy these. i've been thinking of making an exception to my rule of no more than $300 on an IEM; TWE or otherwise, but the only way I'll do that is by redeeming reward dollars from amex...Have you owned or listened to the PX7? since you mention the PI7 remind you of full size Headphones, wonder if they have a similar tuning.

May 20, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #33,431 of 62,032
Ok, so this may be the week for troubles on the TWS front. I have one of my own that is definitely weird. I had went to bed tonight at around 9:30PM, but couldn't sleep. So, I came back down stairs (phone in hand), and got an email alert. It just vibrated, and didn't make any noise. I checked it for volume, and when hitting the volume rocker I noticed that it was connected to a BT device.

When I went into the settings I saw it was connected to the Nuarl N6Pro. What?? I haven't used them in days, and they were in the case with the lid closed. I have not seen this before. Whenever I do a scan for BT I always see my Bose Soundsport Free because even in the case they are "On" (hence the constant battery drain on the case). But, none of the newer TWS I have, have exhibited this behavior. As soon as I plugged the case into a charger, the connection went away. The case was fully charged, so I am not sure why this happened either. Anyhow, there are MY woes for the week (I hope that is all).
That’s really odd. Normally that only happens to my TWS when the case is dead. Possibly the lid didn’t read closed or the case was erroneously reading dead. Those are the only two things I could think up of.

One thing I like about the APP with Apple devices is that they by default won’t connect fully with the source (not as an audio device) unless they’re in your ears. A lot of headphones have the ability and hardware required to support this feature too if they really wanted to.

May 20, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #33,432 of 62,032

I ride my mountain bike, through trails and bumps, using my MT. With the fins they don’t move at all. I feel pretty secure with these.

I mostly ride with transparency on at 75%, unless I’m off-road and the wind is bothering me too much. Even on the trails, I feel I like to be aware of the surroundings (so at least 50%). On the road it’s a must. But I don’t keep fiddling with it, it’s usually at 75% and either on or off.

If I’m riding with buddies, I’ve chosen to put one of the buds back in the case a few times, so I may hear them better.

Between the percentage of transparency and being able to use one of the buds independently, you have more than enough versatility.

The sound is amazing, of course.

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #33,434 of 62,032
Nokia with a Knowles + dynamic coming in a few months...
1621518131490.png

1621518148374.png

https://zmwjps6jiqbguax6633r3agcwi-ac4c6men2g7xr2a-www-makuake-com.translate.goog/project/nokia/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back