Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 12, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #33,121 of 62,079
Tranya have come out with a new version, the T10B - and they finally released 2 months after I pre-ordered them, and the T10B sounds even better than the T10. The T10B does have more bass, but the whole frequency range holds together much better than the original. A new favorite.

The only way I can tell the original T10 and new T10B apart is by the screen hole size on the end of the nozzle. The T10 has larger round holes and the T10B has many more small holes.

The other way to tell them apart is the Bass + wider soundstage of the new T10B's. :)

Tranya T10B
https://tranya.com/products/t10-b
New Manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0262/8855/4033/files/NEW_T10_-20201215.pdf?v=1616059744

The 2 pair I ordered came in the original T10 box, but the sticker on the back of the box says "Tranya T10B"

How's the call quality on these? Thinking of upgrading from the M10..
While it may not be the best choice for music, I'm really digging the E-Pro TW00 on my Jabra EA75t for calls. Does a phenomenal job cutting down some of the boominess that comes through from some callers and doesn't otherwise mess with fitment. Still on the fence about what they do for music, though, so that's what I'll try to spend my time today doing.

So far, here's what I can infer:
  • Those wanting a boosted midrange (or at least a more prominent midrange presence) would benefit more from the Final TWS tips. The TW00 seem to make cuts in the upper bass/lower midrange which turns some of that boom into more of a snap. Depending on the genre, this will be either a pro or a con.
  • They're even more comfortable on the EA75t than the Final TWS tips were, which I didn't think was possible. I could probably stand to go down a size on them and still keep a great seal.
  • Passive seal is much better than the Final TWS were. With the buds in and no music playing, I can barely make out the clacking of my keyboard when I type. Once I activate ANC, I have to really struggle to hear it. This allows me to keep the volume low when I listen to music and avoid early fatigue.
  • I am constantly forgetting that I have auto-pause enabled. Keep forgetting the EA75t even have that feature. Or muli-link pairing, for that matter.
In full disclosure, the tips that Jabra includes with the EA75t are very similar in shape/style to the EPro horns; the two biggest differences being a much wider bore on the TW00 and grippier texture. I think both will ultimately help keep this set fully planted in my "impulse buy" recommendations for under $100.
I cam always use more tips for my EA75 Active's. Are these the same E-Pro TW00 or did you buy them from somewhere else?

May 12, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #33,122 of 62,079
The buds are powered solely by their internal amps. The only possible answer is source software is limiting volume. I have an android and an iPhone. I’ll test.
I‘m not sure I get this? My Sony NW-ZX507 had an EU volume cap that made it useless for IEM’s, and worse for over-ears, but the bluetooth volume was surprisingly loud, suggesting your hypothesis is at least in part correct. However, how can Apple interfere with the Bluetooth volume if it’s controlled by the earphone amps? If the iPhone has no control or knowledge of the Bluetooth volume, how can it limit it?

May 12, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #33,123 of 62,079
I am curious too. I am going to have to rma my MT. No matter what I try, the right bud is hit-or-miss with charging. The contact is definitely loose with the pins, and there is nothing I can do on my end.
It's possible the pin might be bent, then. They protrude more than I'd realistically be comfortable with for a set of pins that doesn't have a spring action. If anything, that's the MT's Achilles' heel and something that should be addressed in the future.

Have you taken my suggestion and cleaned the contacts? I found that helped me out a ton.

May 12, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #33,124 of 62,079
I cam always use more tips for my EA75 Active's. Are these the same E-Pro TW00 or did you buy them from somewhere else?
That's the set! I've found they seem to run a little larger in my ears than their size indicates, though @CocaCola15 seems to have had the opposite experience with his LL (their version of XL) not sealing in his ears.

If you can swing it, try to grab the size you need and another set one size down. I'm tempted to grab a Small for the EA75t, though they're plenty comfortable as is; I just want to know if they'll work.

Oh and if you decide to WishList these, there's some odd bug that makes it a size XL. I'd suggest adding directly from the product page to avoid this.

May 12, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #33,125 of 62,079
If any fellow TWS enthusiasts want to provide a loving home to my gently used MW08s for a fair price, please message me directly. I like them, but they are not getting much use since I got the Noble Falcon Pros. Thanks.

May 12, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #33,126 of 62,079
Order placed for Moondrop Sparks(for second time because former preorders got cancelled.) Now available at Amazon, Apos, Shenzhen audio. If you want leather case that matches with the TWS scheme(black/ivy blue (purple tws), red(pink TWS). You may need check out from Shenzhen audio.

May 12, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #33,127 of 62,079
I‘m not sure I get this? My Sony NW-ZX507 had an EU volume cap that made it useless for IEM’s, and worse for over-ears, but the bluetooth volume was surprisingly loud, suggesting your hypothesis is at least in part correct. However, how can Apple interfere with the Bluetooth volume if it’s controlled by the earphone amps? If the iPhone has no control or knowledge of the Bluetooth volume, how can it limit it?
I know you are not asking me, but I will try and answer anyhow. The reason Apple CAN interfere with the volume is because even though the phone is acting as just a transport, it still has to go through the apple software driver/bt stack in order to be passed wirelessly to the IEM. This is the stage at which the OS intercepts/controls the volume max level that is recieved by the IEM. If you would like to try for yourself, you could follow THIS which includes BT in the tutorial.

May 12, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #33,129 of 62,079
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the "hybrid technology" monkier either. Rather it just say CCA. Didn't realize how cheap these hybrid TWS are getting nowadays. As long as they are decent sounding I'm fine with it. I plan to use them as backup earbuds for working out or mobile gaming/movies anyway.

Yeah no volume control is quite a shock on these. They actually shipped pretty fast though, looks like it already got picked up by shipping partner from Fremont, CA.
I'm sorta tempted by them, but I owned the CCA CX4... three times and had to return them three times due to connection issues that rendered them unusable. But I really loved the sound and fit of them!

May 12, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #33,130 of 62,079
I know you are not asking me, but I will try and answer anyhow. The reason Apple CAN interfere with the volume is because even though the phone is acting as just a transport, it still has to go through the apple software driver/bt stack in order to be passed wirelessly to the IEM. This is the stage at which the OS intercepts/controls the volume max level that is recieved by the IEM. If you would like to try for yourself, you could follow THIS which includes BT in the tutorial.
Thanks fo the information, but honestly that just shows me you can control volume through certain applications, and does not explain fundamental low volume over Bluetooth without app intervention. I’m certainly not looking to argue about this, but it seems an important topic to explore further, and your explanation doesn’t resolve this. Especially if people are using other music apps such as Qobuz.

AAC, or for that matter, AptX, SBC et al, are a transmission mechanism that code then decode a file to be moved from source to receiver in as small a volume as its parameters allow. Nowhere in the Bluetooth standard is there reference to volume control. Apple still have to comply with those standards at least.

I refer to what I said earlier with regard my Sony player. Hideously crippled on wired connection because of the EU cap, but they could do nothing about Bluetooth output and I nearly blew my eardrums out when I accidentally left the volume the same as when I’d used IEM’s.

That said, I’m primarily using Android so not an issue for me - just trying to help those who are affected.

May 12, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #33,131 of 62,079
AAC, or for that matter, AptX, SBC et al, are a transmission mechanism that code then decode a file to be moved from source to receiver in as small a volume as its parameters allow. Nowhere in the Bluetooth standard is there reference to volume control. Apple still have to comply with those standards at least.
I am certainly no Apple engineer, nor phone OS coder, so I can't go TOO deeply into this hole. You may need to consult with Apple as to WHY this is what it is. The thing is that AAC, AptX, etc... are not the Bluetooth driver/stack. These are just the codecs, which is what the OS tells the BT stack (Flouride on android) to encode in order to be transmitted and then decoded on the IEM side of things. You are right this has nothing to do with the volume information (except if the song file itself contains gain levels/volume leveling numbers).

And as for the Bluetooth standard, this is also not specific to any one OS, but coding can be inserted before or after the stack (or if they really want to right in the stack). Windows uses many many different Bluetooth stacks (some much better than others). Android only tends to use one at a time. And, to be quite frank, Apple doesn't always adhere 100% to standards because it is such a closed system. They might have to comply to standards that are not their own pieces of software/hardware, but if it is written specifically for IOS and only IOS they they need not comply with anything that is not patented. In the case of Bluetooth they only need to comply with the transport protocols that allow connections, signal transmissions, etc.. There is nothing saying that they cannot add volume leveling in the code if they so choose.
and does not explain fundamental low volume over Bluetooth without app intervention.
This, actually is exactly what I am telling you. There is indeed intervention from an app going on here. Think of the system volume on IOS as an app, just like Neutron, or etc... Except it overrides all other apps asking for volume information. It IS and does control the volume level of transmitted signals over all outputs possible rather than leave it alone as a "transport" only situation. This is also why your Sony limited headphone jack but not the BT volume, because they chose to leave it that way.

What I am arguing here is not whether this phone limits volume or that one doesn't, I was simply trying to say that MOST android phones (and especially plain android DAPS) do not limit volume in any way concerning Bluetooth.
but honestly that just shows me you can control volume through certain applications
Which is exactly what I was trying to explain after you said:
If the iPhone has no control or knowledge of the Bluetooth volume, how can it limit it?

The bottom line is: IOS Bluetooth max volume is lower than on most android devices but not because of the power differences on the device. It is purely on a software level.

May 12, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #33,132 of 62,079
I'm sorta tempted by them, but I owned the CCA CX4... three times and had to return them three times due to connection issues that rendered them unusable. But I really loved the sound and fit of them!
I'm sure we are hoping for the two positives you liked about them and the newer 5.2 chip to address the connection issues this time around.

I will compare to this DQ6 / Z3 wireless combo...
1620859339434.png

May 12, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #33,133 of 62,079
Yeah, even the CX10 looks pretty tempting with 4BA and 1DD at $50. But you never know what kind of quality or QC issues you'll be getting, so I'm not sure I wanna take that gamble. Especially if I need to return them overseas.

May 12, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #33,134 of 62,079

Attachments

• 1620861065120.png
    1620861065120.png
    246.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #33,135 of 62,079
Sure hope the Sony's offer a silicone tip option. But they look good in white as well as black!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back