Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 5, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #32,806 of 62,123
Based off what I remember from the MW07 GO, I think I know what you're describing. Try listening to something with a lot of brass instruments on it, hopefully orchestral. How do the brass instruments sound to you?
Hmm.. I've been playing with eq so much I had to go back to default and listen for a while. On orchestral as well as jazz, when bass isn't in the way they both really shine. Trumpets have that crisp bight / sizzle, and Trombones have that balance of mellow and pop. They both get your attention. Even a Trumpet with a plunger sounded pretty realistic. i've been trying to find a tuning that showcases this potential that is still audible in default mode. Honestly a complete facelift for bass and smoothing it out would do wonders for these.

May 5, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #32,807 of 62,123
Best budget TWS with good battery life?

May 5, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #32,808 of 62,123
Hmm.. I've been playing with eq so much I had to go back to default and listen for a while. On orchestral as well as jazz, when bass isn't in the way they both really shine. Trumpets have that crisp bight / sizzle, and Trombones have that balance of mellow and pop. They both get your attention. Even a Trumpet with a plunger sounded pretty realistic. i've been trying to find a tuning that showcases this potential that is still audible in default mode. Honestly a complete facelift for bass and smoothing it out would do wonders for these.
Are you listening with ANC on? The ANC (particularly the max ANC) on the MW08s changes the sound signature and emphasizes the bass. I think that's intended, because when there is excessive environmental noise the lower frequencies tend to get lost first -- but could result in the bloated bass you're describing. Without ANC the bass is much tamer. I listen without ANC and only activate ANC when I need it. (The physical controls make it very easy to turn ANC on and off.)

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #32,809 of 62,123
I might be returning mine, 2nd full charge lasted 3 hours 17 minutes this morning. Using with iPhone 12 Pro Max, I got 3 disconnects during that time while walking with my phone in my pocket. No issue with the Noble, Grado or Sennheiser walking in the same area. With my Nobles or Grado’s I even sometimes leave my phone on the deck table when working in the yard and no issue. Let alone leaving the phone in my pocket and 3 issues. Easily reconnects but not sure why it disconnects in the first place. Will try again after it’s recharged to see how long it lasts, but 3 hours 29 minutes and 3 hours 17 minutes are my first two full charges. Just tried a hard reset and uninstall/reinstall on my phone, maybe that will help?
By Nobles, do you mean the Falcon Pro?
If so, and regardless of connection issues, I would like to ask how does the B&W PI7 compare to the Falcon Pro in sound quality, and soundstage?
Interesting point about the studio recording sound for Buds pro. Did you have the Buds+? If so, how did they compare for studio recording? I have the Buds+ and debating whether I should get the Buds pro. Thanks.
The Galaxy Buds Pro are the only Samsung earbuds I have, but if you're contesting musicality and pure sound quality between it and the Buds +, I wouldn't even recommend the Buds Pro for their sound. Get them for their myriad of technological features, or that 360°/3D sound feature (if you own a One UI 3.1 device).

May 5, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #32,811 of 62,123
Are you listening with ANC on? The ANC (particularly the max ANC) on the MW08s changes the sound signature and emphasizes the bass. I think that's intended, because when there is excessive environmental noise the lower frequencies tend to get lost first -- but could result in the bloated bass you're describing. Without ANC the bass is much tamer. I listen without ANC and only activate ANC when I need it. (The physical controls make it very easy to turn ANC on and off.)
I haven't downloaded the app yet, so the only ANC setting i'm toggling to is whatever is programmed by default not sure if that's All day ANC or the max ANC. But i'm not hearing a difference in bass quantity. Some products the bass is reduced with ANC, some it's amplified as you mention, but these?...maybe a smidge more bass but the texture of it is the same, regardless of ambient, passive or ANC.

May 5, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #32,812 of 62,123
I have this terrible itch that I need yet another TWS :) and my local selection is very limited ... but, besides the ORANGE WF-SP800N from Sony, which I did not know existed (still looks to plasticky to me and I remember the complaints I read here about the fit), I also found a shop that allegedly has those 4 Nuarls ... and I have no Nuarl in my collection ... any of them highly recommended? and idea why the price difference between NT01L and NT01A?

Search_Results_for_“nuarl”_–_TecRoot.jpg

Wow, there really is not a lot of reviews on the N6 Mini out there .. I found the few mentions that are in this thread, but on YT there are NO English language reviews ... hmm .. makes me curious .. and price is not too bad ...

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #32,813 of 62,123
I have this terrible itch that I need yet another TWS :) and my local selection is very limited ... but, besides the ORANGE WF-SP800N from Sony, which I did not know existed (still looks to plasticky to me and I remember the complaints I read here about the fit), I also found a shop that allegedly has those 4 Nuarls ... and I have no Nuarl in my collection ... any of them highly recommended? and idea why the price difference between NT01L and NT01A?

Search_Results_for_“nuarl”_–_TecRoot.jpg

Wow, there really is not a lot of reviews on the N6 Mini out there .. I found the few mentions that are in this thread, but on YT there are NO English language reviews ... hmm .. makes me curious .. and price is not too bad ...
I loved my NT01A and N6, and even without the HDSS (which iirc the mini is lacking) I'm still very curious to hear the N6 Mini. That's the one I would encourage you to check out from these - or perhaps the N6 sport though I know even less about those.

Let us know if you do!

May 5, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #32,814 of 62,123
After a week, I returned my B&W I7s. I loved the sound, but I perhaps got a bad pair because the ANC was not effective at all for me. I have read a few other comments about the excellent ANC, so I am hoping I just got a bad pair. I fiddled around with various tips and got solid seals, but still no joy with the ANC. It was “there”, just really marginal. Not even close to my AirPod pros or the Sonys. I had to listen really hard to detect it at all with various frequencies, etc. Anyway, I will await other ANC comments and probably reorder.

May 5, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #32,815 of 62,123
Finally had to reach out to Status on their Indiegogo page asking where my Between Pro were. I ordered those dang things back on Valentine's Day and we're definitely past April at this point. Doing what I can to stay optimistic, though.

May 5, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #32,816 of 62,123
I have been out of this thread for a little while as I have started to dip my toes in the ear monitor world. I have come to love the Moondrop Arias and perhaps at one point I will consider buying true wireless adaptors for them.

that said a couple things sort of surprise me. There was buzz couple months ago with a leaked image of the new Sony‘s and here we are now in May and there has been no further news. When I come to think about it they really started the shift towards adding quality active noise cancelling to an earbud with premium sound. The XM threes nearly 2 years later are still rated among the best for noise cancelling and sound quality and where they to have wireless charging and we’re less bulky would probably be still among the best.

kind of disappointing that the latest offering from master and dynamic does not sound as good and that the noise cancelling give the price is not great. Also disappointing we’re all the issues I had with my Melomania touch. And now from the sounds of it while Bower and Wilkins have really put out an interesting product that has some unique functionality, the connectivity issues in battery life are real disappointments.

As I have now started to really enjoy the sound of an I EM, I kind of feel like using a true wireless earbud is only worthwhile now when I am on the goal I hear exercising or perhaps when using a microphone for a zoom call or some thing else. Because of that the things that are more important to me our comfort and fit the ability to not get ruined from sweat good sound and battery life.

I just don’t think with the current offerings I could justify the expense of three or $400 for something that is not gonna get use that often for me. I think once Bluetooth low energy becomes the new adopted standard and that the transmission quality improves both in connectivity as well as data transmission, I can then revisit improved through wireless earbuds that can give me in ear monitor sound while still being wireless.

May 5, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #32,817 of 62,123
I have been out of this thread for a little while as I have started to dip my toes in the ear monitor world. I have come to love the Moondrop Arias and perhaps at one point I will consider buying true wireless adaptors for them.

that said a couple things sort of surprise me. There was buzz couple months ago with a leaked image of the new Sony‘s and here we are now in May and there has been no further news. When I come to think about it they really started the shift towards adding quality active noise cancelling to an earbud with premium sound. The XM threes nearly 2 years later are still rated among the best for noise cancelling and sound quality and where they to have wireless charging and we’re less bulky would probably be still among the best.

kind of disappointing that the latest offering from master and dynamic does not sound as good and that the noise cancelling give the price is not great. Also disappointing we’re all the issues I had with my Melomania touch. And now from the sounds of it while Bower and Wilkins have really put out an interesting product that has some unique functionality, the connectivity issues in battery life are real disappointments.

As I have now started to really enjoy the sound of an I EM, I kind of feel like using a true wireless earbud is only worthwhile now when I am on the goal I hear exercising or perhaps when using a microphone for a zoom call or some thing else. Because of that the things that are more important to me our comfort and fit the ability to not get ruined from sweat good sound and battery life.

I just don’t think with the current offerings I could justify the expense of three or $400 for something that is not gonna get use that often for me. I think once Bluetooth low energy becomes the new adopted standard and that the transmission quality improves both in connectivity as well as data transmission, I can then revisit improved through wireless earbuds that can give me in ear monitor sound while still being wireless.
Then don't try to justify the expense. You've now seen how far a sub-$100 set of IEMs on regular power can perform relative to what you've tried. If it's truly the sound quality that you're after, then wired is going to be the way to go for you. There is not a single pair of TWS that can match what some of these IEMs are capable of. I'm always a PM away and willing to help whichever choice you decide to make.

The CF01 arrive tomorrow and I'm genuinely curious if they're going to fit the bill. They're certainly the most expensive of the TWS adapters as far as I've seen. As long as they do decent with the Kanas Pro (will have to wait on the adapters to arrive to test that part), I'll consider it a win. Grand slam if they make the P1 shine.

Still waiting on those Status to show up; have a feeling they might be up your alley, but want to try them myself before saying so definitively.

May 5, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #32,818 of 62,123
I returned my PI7. Couldn't deal with BT drops outdoors. No patience. I ordered the PI5 to see if those are any better.

Wow I've had no drops on mine these past few days on my Huawei P40 Pro

May 5, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #32,819 of 62,123
After a week, I returned my B&W I7s. I loved the sound, but I perhaps got a bad pair because the ANC was not effective at all for me. I have read a few other comments about the excellent ANC, so I am hoping I just got a bad pair. I fiddled around with various tips and got solid seals, but still no joy with the ANC. It was “there”, just really marginal. Not even close to my AirPod pros or the Sonys. I had to listen really hard to detect it at all with various frequencies, etc. Anyway, I will await other ANC comments and probably reorder.

Same here. The ANC is rather useless. For speech it doesn't really remove anything vs. using them without the ANC. For lower frequency sounds there is some effect.

May 5, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #32,820 of 62,123
Then don't try to justify the expense. You've now seen how far a sub-$100 set of IEMs on regular power can perform relative to what you've tried. If it's truly the sound quality that you're after, then wired is going to be the way to go for you. There is not a single pair of TWS that can match what some of these IEMs are capable of. I'm always a PM away and willing to help whichever choice you decide to make.

The CF01 arrive tomorrow and I'm genuinely curious if they're going to fit the bill. They're certainly the most expensive of the TWS adapters as far as I've seen. As long as they do decent with the Kanas Pro (will have to wait on the adapters to arrive to test that part), I'll consider it a win. Grand slam if they make the P1 shine.

Still waiting on those Status to show up; have a feeling they might be up your alley, but want to try them myself before saying so definitively.
Agreed plus if I order now by the time they deliver the xm4 and revised Gemini will be out most likely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back