Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 7, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #31,621 of 61,395
Getting annoyed with Cambridge Audio. Been back and forth with them and am awaiting a simple email to RMA these. I know it was Easter but how hard is it for someone to send an email with a mailing label today? I could have sent these back and gotten replacement through Amazon a week ago....

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #31,622 of 61,395
KLH Fusion. Wide soundstage. Bass punches. Love the sound. Voice controls are awesome. BT strong indoors. Calls today were flawless. Clear both ways. Case has Qi. Fit is great and they are very light.

Attachments

• 622ABA16-614E-4E72-A91F-DF6F341D9CDC.jpeg
    622ABA16-614E-4E72-A91F-DF6F341D9CDC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 085CDDF0-E85B-40C8-899A-04F86D45E822.jpeg
    085CDDF0-E85B-40C8-899A-04F86D45E822.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1BA3A2E6-5D54-46E4-A4CE-B8FE3503CEAD.jpeg
    1BA3A2E6-5D54-46E4-A4CE-B8FE3503CEAD.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #31,625 of 61,395
finished updating my devialet gemini and now after 3 months of frustration it is a joy to use no more problems for me. the update was a pain tbh on my phone. at first it won't finish updating the left earbud and having error. the solution provided on the website was to reset network settings on android and unpairing the geminis.

I did not reset the network settings of my phone because i dont' want to lose my saved networks lol.

Instead I used my wife's phone (no connection history on the gemini) to update the geminis and was smooth and easy from start to finish.

after a day of observing and left my phone's bluetooth On all night, no more battery drain.

the right earbud connects automatically when you pull it out of the case and as soon as you put back both earbuds and close the case it disconnects instantly.
I'm glad i didn't give up on them.

Lastly, they might have slightly re-tuned the sound as the highs has a bit more spark and extension than before. I'm not sure if they decreased some bass as I use my geminis more on movies and youtube.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #31,626 of 61,395
Devialet is giving existing owners 3 years extended warranty. Nice gesture.
It looks like this is a free Devialet Care extension, which if so includes one accidental breakage replacement (so you can now drop one in the toilet 🙂). They have a link for current holders that fills out an email stating "I already have it, what can you do for me?". will see.

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #31,627 of 61,395
It looks like this is a free Devialet Care extension, which if so includes one accidental breakage replacement (so you can now drop one in the toilet 🙂). They have a link for current holders that fills out an email stating "I already have it, what can you do for me?". will see.
Yes it says it covers accidental damage. I assume this isn’t transferable but it’s basically a full guaranty on these for 3 years.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #31,628 of 61,395
god damn you AKG...

i have the AKG N400, and they sound great but pairing is awful, touch controls do what they want, ANC is a joke. I got tired of putting them in their case and finding them dead when i wanted to use them since the 3rd pin on the right earbud sometimes doesn't rise the whole distance. or the magnetic locking doesn't make sure that the earbuds are sitting straight, Worst of all, even in AAC or SBC i couldn't make them sync with either VLC or Youtube.

I picked up some freebuds pro, F u AKG, they always sit well and charge well, hell i can even use the app to see how much juice ls left in the case. the sound is 95% of the way there, its like when i changed from the Triple.fi 10 to the IE80´s, the IE80 was a slightly less bright and more bloated, but the sheer difference in comfort and usability made it a better IEM in every way, going to the freebuds was like touch controls actually work, pairing is easy as pie ( a botton on the side of the case, led turns white, and the buds appear on your bluetooth list ready to pair, you pull the buds out of a charged case and the buds WORK.

im sorry, but sometimes comfort just trumps sound quality, what's the point if they have problems charging, pair like ass between devices and the touch controls are basically broken ?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #31,629 of 61,395
Yes it says it covers accidental damage. I assume this isn’t transferable but it’s basically a full guaranty on these for 3 years.
Tried to enter the code - didn’t work.
god damn you AKG...

i have the AKG N400, and they sound great but pairing is awful, touch controls do what they want, ANC is a joke. I got tired of putting them in their case and finding them dead when i wanted to use them since the 3rd pin on the right earbud sometimes doesn't rise the whole distance. or the magnetic locking doesn't make sure that the earbuds are sitting straight, Worst of all, even in AAC or SBC i couldn't make them sync with either VLC or Youtube.

I picked up some freebuds pro, F u AKG, they always sit well and charge well, hell i can even use the app to see how much juice ls left in the case. the sound is 95% of the way there, its like when i changed from the Triple.fi 10 to the IE80´s, the IE80 was a slightly less bright and more bloated, but the sheer difference in comfort and usability made it a better IEM in every way, going to the freebuds was like touch controls actually work, pairing is easy as pie ( a botton on the side of the case, led turns white, and the buds appear on your bluetooth list ready to pair, you pull the buds out of a charged case and the buds WORK.

im sorry, but sometimes comfort just trumps sound quality, what's the point if they have problems charging, pair like ass between devices and the touch controls are basically broken ?
they do sound good. And that’s the beginning and the end of the story. I gave up on mine long ago. Like you, too many times dead when I needed them.

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #31,631 of 61,395
Conversely, the Azla XELASTEC ones allegedly also conform to the surface of your ear, but in more of a semi-permanent sort of way, which I think is kinda cool. Just haven't gotten around to testing them myself yet, but there's plenty of threads on HF that have mentioned them; can't remember where I first read about them.
Hey dude so it turns out I ordered the wrong type of AZLA tips. Instead of the XELASTEC, i bought the SednaEarfit crystal.

That being said, the fit with my KEF mu3’s is amazing for the ML size. it’s like they’re glued to the inside of my ears. The sound is awesome.

do you think I should grab some XELASTEC’s too for comparison, in the ML size obviously.

Thanks again!

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #31,632 of 61,395
god damn you AKG...

Are you using an equalizer with your Freebuds pro? I have lowered the mids bass tiniest bit and upped the treble and the sound has improved quite a bit.

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #31,633 of 61,395
do you think I should grab some XELASTEC’s too for comparison, in the ML size obviously.

Thanks again!
I've heard mixed reports on them working for TWS because the stem is longer. You did good with the crystal; if the nozzle on your TWS isn't close to normal-IEM long, then I'd pass on the XELASTEC. Pretty sure they don't make a TWS variant, but I could be wrong.

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #31,634 of 61,395
Started listening to my Fiil last night and man I forgot how good they sound after going through so many other earbuds testing.

They have great mid and treble but still have deep clean bass.

In fact I listen to them against the MT and they sound 95%as good and in some songs better that need more high end.

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #31,635 of 61,395
Seems like M&D is only selling the MW08 themselves? No Amazon or Best Buy? I’ve dealt with them before but I prefer zero hassle returns etc. I wonder if this is just temporary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back