Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #31,081 of 62,112
1616490909996.png

just received this Geekfly GF8S TWS yesterday, pretty awesome on SQ alone, wonder why still few people talking about this one. definitely comparable against my wired IEMs at this price point (i prefer this than Tanchjim Oxygen or See Audio Yume xD).

They did a horrible job of selling it. Never explained the difference and why this was double the price of the original. Of course no ambient or other features and a small relatively unproven brand with this the only model. Not much wonder really why few talk about them :) They are cheaper and more versatile than the Grado is but Grado has a name so more are gonna try it.

Mar 23, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #31,082 of 62,112
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #31,084 of 62,112
At this point with all my recent returns to Amazon I got a letter suggesting I am returning too many products.
I think right now am set with MT, Huawei and bought the refurb 75t active with Qi case just because. Well actually they will be my Mudder pair. So anywhere they can get very wet. Ie pool, washing my car.....

Think my next investment in this will skip the generation coming out now like the new M&D,KEf, Sony, B&W etc as I think they will be iterative updates.
None will have better ANC multipairing and overall utility of the freebuds.None will have more secure fit and that lovely warm British sound of the Melomania and none will have the IP ratings of the Jabra.

In 2022 I expect BLE to become mainstream and we will see the next big leap in terms of battery life connectivity with incremental improvements in sound more due to codecs.

It has been a fun ride but the Amazon reminder out things into perspective and have gone overboard.
Will post my final comparisons in a post soon among all the buds I have auditioned.
If there are specific questions about various earbuds I would be glad to answer as I have out them all through their paces and can really dial in the difference both sound and functionality etc between them.

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #31,085 of 62,112
Anyone with the 75t Active and the 85t.... I know the ANC is but is the call quality that much better on the 85t? That's the only reason I'm considering them when they release the 85t actives since their battery life will probably be much less compared to the current 75t active.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #31,086 of 62,112
Personally I hope we'll see BLE products coming out this year :)

But yeah, usually the advice in tech is that there will always be better stuff, so just buy when you need it. But the upcoming next gen standardised bluetooth will be a huge upgrade, it will even outshine when we got APTX instead of SBC.

So if Sony/B&W/M&D etc launches new TWS with current Bluetooth tech it would just feel like such a waste to buy them. At least the CA MT's are very cheap considering they've only been out for a couple of months.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #31,087 of 62,112
Anyone with the 75t Active and the 85t.... I know the ANC is but is the call quality that much better on the 85t? That's the only reason I'm considering them when they release the 85t actives since their battery life will probably be much less compared to the current 75t active.
Not in my experience; they're largely the same.

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #31,088 of 62,112
Received the MT's today. These are pretty nice and fit great.

My quick impressions vs the L2P as that was my main inquiry:

Pros
The MT has better bass extension and texture.
Slightly thicker presentation and more body
Slightly wider sound stage to my ears
Bass is more realistic
More realistic Timbre
Fit is excellent
Paired no issue even before upgrade. Signal seems great. Walked around house with my phone at the opposite end and room it was in door was closed.

Cons
Slightly less detailed

With that said, imo they do not dethrone the L2P but will definitely be a great addition to the family, especially due to the fit. Thanks for the rec @MCPT @miserybeforethemusic @Canabuc

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #31,089 of 62,112

Pros
Bass is more realistic
More realistic Timbre
Fit is excellent
Paired no issue even before upgrade. Signal seems great. Walked around house with my phone at the opposite end and room it was in door was closed.

Cons
Slightly less detailed

With that said, imo they do not dethrone the L2P but will definitely be a great addition to the family, especially due to the fit. Thanks for the rec @MCPT @miserybeforethemusic @Canabuc
I’m glad you’re enjoying them. I’d agree with your assessment of the differences in sound between the two.

I just received my replacement pair, so I hope all of the connection issues are resolved for me.

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #31,090 of 62,112
Personally I hope we'll see BLE products coming out this year :)

But yeah, usually the advice in tech is that there will always be better stuff, so just buy when you need it. But the upcoming next gen standardised bluetooth will be a huge upgrade, it will even outshine when we got APTX instead of SBC.

So if Sony/B&W/M&D etc launches new TWS with current Bluetooth tech it would just feel like such a waste to buy them. At least the CA MT's are very cheap considering they've only been out for a couple of months.
I think this is why we haven't seen or heard much about the Sony. I think they will be new standard capable. Of course should be backward compatible I would assume. Same with Qualcomm 3050 series should still work with current tech but no Snapdragon capabilities if not a SD capable device connected to it. I don't see there being a cutoff where old won't work with new and new with old.

Sony was always ahead of Nuarl. So hard to think Nuarl are showing something they will be producing and Sony will come out with an old tech TWS.

Mar 23, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #31,091 of 62,112
N6Ps do sound nice but their design sucks. Those are relegated to movie watching.

I did notice the kefs. Ive seen very bad call quality. How has your experience been?
i had a few phone calls today for work and no one mentioned having any issues hearing me. Far as I know they’re good.

The music is absolutely incredible

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #31,092 of 62,112
Looks like M&D has a new offering. Slightly bigger driver and likely real ANC. I struggle with the fit on these so that’s a bummer. Certainly look the part:

https://www.engadget.com/master-and-dynamic-mw08-true-wireless-earbuds-120013056.html

and some reviews are out:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...08-true-wireless-earbuds-impress-in-every-way
Ya I just saw that too. I tried to buy them but M&D’s site has the “enter your email address to be notified when these are available “ kind of thing

Mar 23, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #31,093 of 62,112

Pros
Bass is more realistic
More realistic Timbre
Fit is excellent

Cons
Slightly less detailed

Guess I pissed off Amazon. My replacement white MT were supposed to arrive today and there has been no updates on tracking for last 3 days...

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #31,094 of 62,112
Anyone looked at the 1More ComfoBuds Pro yet?

I'm fairy happy with my LP2 and wired kz zsx. But still looking for a comfortable wireless IEM with ANC, for use on long haul flights and public transport.

Current short list is:
Jabra 75t / 85t
Anker Air 2 pro
Momentum True wireless 2 (expensive)
1More dual anc pro (neckband ldac)

Using with Android so aptx would be nice.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #31,095 of 62,112
Anyone looked at the 1More ComfoBuds Pro yet?

I'm fairy happy with my LP2 and wired kz zsx. But still looking for a comfortable wireless IEM with ANC, for use on long haul flights and public transport.

Current short list is:
Jabra 75t / 85t
Momentum True wireless 2 (expensive)
1More dual anc pro (neckband ldac)

Using with Android so aptx would be nice.
If AnC and call quality is important skip Sennheiser and consider freebuds pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back