Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #30,346 of 61,381
I own the Senn MTW2. I have tried the JBL Club Pro Plus and the Technics. The more I listen to these MT's at home just chilling out, where I usually don't usually just sit and listen to wireless IEM's, these are really nice sounding buds. When I walked the dog earlier with these I passed the garbage truck twice, and didn't stop to think these could use ANC. I'll see how they sound on the train on Wednesday but I don't foresee any problems.

The things I like more about the MTW2 is touch controls that aren't overly sensitive with true customizability, auto pausing the music with Ambient mode, a case that fits with more tips, and auto pausing the music when you take a bud out. Don't like the battery life. If it's all about sound, the MT's are great. Plus they reportedly have a chunk better battery life. The sound is very nice though. I don't mind the bass that some think needs to be tamed a little bit.
I agree the Sennheiser touch controls are the best. The pause music removing bid is not a big deal it literally is one tap as I remove the bud to pause it.

As far as ambient I prefer JBL implementation. There I have choice 1 where ambient goes with music and I choose music volume with it.
Hearthrough drops music to 10% and ambient sound is amplified more so better for a conversation or to listen to announcements.

With Sennheiser if you set ambient to pause your music then you can't listen to music with ambient at same time without going into the app to turn off that setting.

With MT again 1 press to pause and the true press to activate ambient but I can have both options that way.
Battery much better on MT.
As for sensitive touch controls I am learning how to hold the MT from the vertical end when inserting or adjusting and my phantom press rate is way down. Better than the galaxy buds pro where there was no accessible surface.

Did you return the JBL?
Right now am leaning towards keeping the MT and with the money saved can keep the Sennheiser cx400bt which were 100$ and give me nearly identical sound to MTW2. So get both for cost of MTW2.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #30,347 of 61,381
I agree the Sennheiser touch controls are the best. The pause music removing bid is not a big deal it literally is one tap as I remove the bud to pause it.

As far as ambient I prefer JBL implementation. There I have choice 1 where ambient goes with music and I choose music volume with it.
Hearthrough drops music to 10% and ambient sound is amplified more so better for a conversation or to listen to announcements.

With Sennheiser if you set ambient to pause your music then you can't listen to music with ambient at same time without going into the app to turn off that setting.

With MT again 1 press to pause and the true press to activate ambient but I can have both options that way.
As for sensitive touch controls I am learning how to hold the MT from the vertical end when inserting or adjusting and my phantom press rate is way down. Better than the galaxy buds pro where there was no accessible surface.

Did you return the JBL?
Right now am leaning towards keeping the MT and with the money saved can keep the Sennheiser cx400bt which were 100$ and give me nearly identical sound to MTW2. So get both for cost of MTW2.
I returned the JBL's already. I initiated a return for the Technics. Gonna keep the MT to go along with the MTW2, since I've had those since last April. Which is good because they are only $150 and I'm happier with these than the JBL's or the Technics.

Mar 7, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #30,349 of 61,381
@Canabuc

So max eartip length limit for MT is 8.4mm. Probably want to stay around 8mm or less just to be safe

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #30,351 of 61,381

Did you return the JBL?
What happens if you press play on your MTW2 with ambient activated? For me it just stays in ambient mode. when i switch from passive or ANC to Ambient it does pause the music, but then just pressing play on the left iem the music starts back up and can still hear what's going on around me.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #30,353 of 61,381
So, after more than 30000 posts... what is the answer to the question in the title? too soon? or we can start compare with wired?
start reading. If nothing else it might be fun to see people's journey. SQ is much better on products than it was when this thread started 3.5 years ago, and convenience is hard to argue with. IMO there are a lot of good products but TWEs are still behind wired when it comes to sound.

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #30,354 of 61,381
start reading. If nothing else it might be fun to see people's journey. SQ is much better on products than it was when this thread started 3.5 years ago, and convenience is hard to argue with. IMO there are a lot of good products but TWEs are still behind wired when it comes to sound.
The main issue for me is still going to be battery life. Wired, you never have that issue.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #30,357 of 61,381
any recommendations on something small to sleep with ? im looking at something nice and cheap for noisy neighbours.
If you use an iPhone, I recommend the Beats Flex (neckband style, not tws).
Pretty cheap, very good battery life, good sq and small enough for sleeping without any discomfort.
I use it with the Symbio F tips. Very secure and comfortable fit.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #30,359 of 61,381
Finally got to test the 85t w/Jabra Link (both 370 and 380) but can't figure out how to enable Stereo audio quality w/the mics on (I've installed the Jabra Direct app and ensured all FW are updated). Under Win10 Sound Settings I have set the output and input device as Jabra Link and when I listen to music, it plays it only in mono mode. Once I set input to anything but the Jabra Link then I get back Stereo mode (but then it defeats the purpose of having an all-in-one solution via the 85t). Anyone have this working properly?
Giving this a bump to see if those who have the Jabra Link might be able to chime in. @miserybeforethemusic - I recall you mentioning you have a 380 inbound, have you received it yet?

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #30,360 of 61,381
any recommendations on something small to sleep with ? im looking at something nice and cheap for noisy neighbours.
Earfun Free Pro would definitely fit that bill.
Giving this a bump to see if those who have the Jabra Link might be able to chime in. @miserybeforethemusic - I recall you mentioning you have a 380 inbound, have you received it yet?
Yep. Tiny little bugger, too. Didn't accomplish my goal of pairing up some of the other TWS+ buds, but worth it alone on the call quality and SQ upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back