Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 16, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #29,311 of 62,070
Allow me to pitch in. I've owned the T1 Pros for several months now and they do their job of delivering. Ergonomics, feature set, sound presentation, etc. all of them for a reasonable price.

Vocal precision and detail retrieval are the FIILs trademark. The lows are well-defined and are handled nicely but it takes the back seat in the mix, ultimately giving the mids and highs a chance to shine. If you need to tweak the sound to your liking, then the app gives you a choice of 15 presets and a custom graphic EQ.

Overall a complete package with great versatility.
Well I have them ranked 3rd but the difference in the 3 is marginal and for certain genres I like them better than the ones ahead.

My opinions are not on stock sound as they have very adjustable EQ. They have great bass. It goes deep and is powerful but doesn't feel bloated like 75t. The highs are a little brighter than MTW2 but not fatiguing and very good detail.

Mids are good nothing stands out except that they don't get cluttered or lost/masked by the bass.They are not too forward or shouty that is for sure but are not as recessed as some other v shaped buds.

Soundstage is quite good. MTW2 are best I have heard and these are close behind. Some reviewer referenced thriller and another song for soundstage and found these and Sennheiser were neck and neck.

Volume is very good not quite at L2P or 85t but better than MTW2.
I don't listen to these past 80% and they are plenty loud. Might distort a tiny bit at highest volume though.

Battery life and connection and fit are great.

Weaknesses:

Touch controls do everything but you can't customize what does what. You have to settle for how they are set. And that means false presses as these unlike the MTW2 are so small there isn't really side surface to touch to I sent remove or adjust them.

ANC is average. XM3 and Jabra blow these away Samsung's do to with a good seal. Sennheiser a in brief testing weren't much better.
Ambient mode isn't strong enough and adds only a hint of volume over not being on.
Charging case is small Qi enabled with 3 recharges so great but the lid closes too easily and not always easiest getting the buds out.

Don't look as premium as some of the expensive ones but build seems fine.

Honestly these should be higher in my ranking for sound.
And as a complete package they are up there. Only Jabra 85t has everything this does though better controls and ambient but with worse sound and fit.
Thanks for the feedback. They are on my buying list then. :smile:

Feb 16, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #29,313 of 62,070
I keep hearing good things about galaxy buds pro but after listening to them with my s21u for 2 days I gotta say the sound quality is not very impressive... A/B ed with N6 pro and clarity wise the difference is night and day.

Tried xm3, mtw 2, also got crushed by n6pro. I'm thinking if the bose gonna do better...
Thanks for sharing .. I keep my eyes peeled on impressions of those as they are possibly one of the very few new buds I could get here locally. But not sure yet if I want to pay that much for another pair of Samsungs while I am actually quite happy with the Buds Live

Feb 16, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #29,314 of 62,070
I keep hearing good things about galaxy buds pro but after listening to them with my s21u for 2 days I gotta say the sound quality is not very impressive... A/B ed with N6 pro and clarity wise the difference is night and day.

Tried xm3, mtw 2, also got crushed by n6pro. I'm thinking if the bose gonna do better...
The closest tws I've heard that compares with the n6pro is the original galaxy buds with spinfit 360 tips.

Feb 16, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #29,315 of 62,070
The closest tws I've heard that compares with the n6pro is the original galaxy buds with spinfit 360 tips.

in what sound preset? I'm still rockin' the OG Gbuds in my rotation, still loving the tuning of them.. might try your suggestion with the 360 tips tonight.

Feb 16, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #29,316 of 62,070
I thought so too at first with the bathroom fan test. Was worse than even the Fiil. Then adjust the buds to where I felt the seal was better in my ears and boom. The noise cancelling blocked it out 100% as good as galaxy buds pro.
I think people who have complaints about ANC on MTW2 likely don't have as a good a seal in ear as they think. It's good enough even with a not perfect seal so as not to affect sound and the bass so most wouldn't notice it.
With buds pro you can really tell when seal is poor as all the bass goes away in music. The deeper fit of MTW2 can mask that.
Problem is my right ear has trouble with most ear buds and despite going up a size from medium to large the seal on right is not perfect. Same ear gives me issues with the buds pro....
Nice to see someone else mention that the ANC on MTW2 is not as bad as it's sometimes portrayed.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #29,318 of 62,070
The beauty is in the eyes of a beholder. Or in our case: everyone hears differently. I bought N6pro as a recommendation from you guys here, but boy, was it a huge pile of *@&#. I think mine must have been DOA. No bass and weird tonality. I got at least some Spinfits 360 out of the deal...

What I've learned is that EVERYONE hears differently. Crinacle put Sony XM3s on the same level as Buds Plus... :scream: XM3s are at least a level higher (or even two) IMO.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #29,319 of 62,070
Nice to see someone else mention that the ANC on MTW2 is not as bad as it's sometimes portrayed.
It is finicky though. More dependent on a good ear seal than say Jabra. Samsung also very dependent.

Think comply tips would make all the difference as for me the MTW2 fit seems to vary. Sometimes tighter and then it is better sometimes a bit looser.

Feb 16, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #29,320 of 62,070
The beauty is in the eyes of a beholder. Or in our case: everyone hears differently. I bought N6pro as a recommendation from you guys here, but boy, was it a huge pile of *@&#. I think mine must have been DOA. No bass and weird tonality. I got at least some Spinfits 360 out of the deal...

What I've learned is that EVERYONE hears differently. Crinacle put Sony XM3s on the same level as Buds Plus... :scream: XM3s are at least a level higher (or even two) IMO.

That's exactly why I personally always take all these earphones/headphones and gear reviews with a large pinch of salt, as everyone hearing/musical taste and expectations are different. Only your own experiences will really tell you if something is right for you, which is why this hobby is so expensive lol

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #29,321 of 62,070
something is up then. There are reports all over the place of terrible ANC on the MTW2 (reddit has several threads on the topic). Either this is user error, ANC is terrible or there are a lot of these in the wild with faulty hardware. I did some digging and ultimately concluded the ANC was just weak and it was not hardware related. I attempted to contact Sennheiser about it but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Everything is done via an email portal.

Perhaps it is a fitment issue - IDK but it is strange that some report excellent ANC and others report virtually no ANC. With mine I could hear the ANC "engage" but it just didn't do anything. My test was against an exercise fan so maybe the particular hum of my fan wasn't in the sweet spot but with my Bose and Gemini, the fan immediately gets killed.

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #29,322 of 62,070
Just for fun I ordered the Galaxy Buds Pro because I liked the idea behind the driver placement. Arrived pretty quick, you know where I ordered :rolling_eyes:

Initial impression: Oh boi ... trebly, out of the box (case). Then threw my fav. sibilance check track on them ... ouch. Tinkered with the eq presets (why, oh why no graphic eq samsung?) and found the "clear" preset the only one that works to me, giving me some of the missing lower mids while taming the highs a bit. Therefore crinacles measurements are audible...

GBudsPro-Clear.jpg

The tip sizes are weird. I'd call them small (and short), small (long) and medium (long). I'd use bigger ones but as these are proprietary I do not have any, to get the seal that would feel sealed. Touch seems a bit to sensitive.

The general feel is okay but nothing special. I do like the case. Given I "only" have a Pixel 5 I can't use the best codec unlike samsung phones. Knew it, still quite a bummer.

I'll give them some time to see if they are growing on me but I don't think they will. The only tws I can compare them to atm are the airpods pro (after sending the melomania touch back bc of mic issues) and as of now i like them better. We'll see ...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #29,323 of 62,070
something is up then. There are reports all over the place of terrible ANC on the MTW2 (reddit has several threads on the topic). Either this is user error, ANC is terrible or there are a lot of these in the wild with faulty hardware. I did some digging and ultimately concluded the ANC was just weak and it was not hardware related. I attempted to contact Sennheiser about it but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Everything is done via an email portal.

Perhaps it is a fitment issue - IDK but it is strange that some report excellent ANC and others report virtually no ANC. With mine I could hear the ANC "engage" but it just didn't do anything. My test was against an exercise fan so maybe the particular hum of my fan wasn't in the sweet spot but with my Bose and Gemini, the fan immediately gets killed.

ANC on MTW2 is terrible for me. It does absolutely nothing to block out my bathroom fan noise. When I switch ANC on, I could hear it engage, but does little to 'cancel' external noise, at least not on any meaningful level. I wouldn't attribute the polarity to user error. It's as simple as plugging them in your ears and two taps to engage (or whatever you have it set to). One should definitely know if they don't have a proper seal or have fitment issues if you you've been using IEMs long enough. It's no rocket science. I've tried 4 different ANCs on higher-end TWS, and they all suck, albeit they weren't Sony/Bose. It's night and day difference between the ANC on TWS's i've tried and my Sony WH-1000XM4. Hence I mentioned in my earlier post it's more a gimmick than anything else, at least for me. If solid ANC is your primary objective, I would stick to fullsize cans like WH-1000XM4, NC700, etc.

YMMV.

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #29,324 of 62,070
ANC on MTW2 is terrible for me. It does absolutely nothing to block out my bathroom fan noise. When I switch ANC on, I could hear it engage, but does little to 'cancel' external noise, at least not on any meaningful level. I wouldn't attribute the polarity to user error. It's as simple as plugging them in your ears and two taps to engage (or whatever you have it set to). One should definitely know if they don't have a proper seal or have fitment issues if you you've been using IEMs long enough. It's no rocket science. I've tried 4 different ANCs on higher-end TWS, and they all suck, albeit they weren't Sony/Bose. It's night and day difference between the ANC on TWS's i've tried and my Sony WH-1000XM4. Hence I mentioned in my earlier post it's more a gimmick than anything else, at least for me. If solid ANC is your primary objective, I would stick to fullsize cans like WH-1000XM4, NC700, etc.

YMMV.
My experience precisely.

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #29,325 of 62,070
Hi guys,

I am looking for a pair of true wireless "IEMs". The problem is that I have an ear condition that makes my ears itchy and therefore I have to put ear liquid in to moisturize them. Thus, regular IEMs tend to fall out of my ear. I need something with support either in the outer ear or around the ear. Can anyone suggest truewireless IEMs that have something like this? I need it to be really stable in my ear. Thank you in advance for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back