Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 12, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #29,176 of 62,025
I would argue that the people that LIKE the bloated bass are the ones that actually have a distorted view of what the artists meant the music to sound like. I am not trying to offend here, but I am in agreeance with tinyman392 in this. There is a major difference between good quality bass that has more quantity, and simply giving more quantity with poor quality. Also, most audiophiles will tell you they also don't like hot treble at all, but if there is a veil on the treble or it is reduced too much, not only does it make the tone of the instruments wrong, but you miss details in a song that you would not otherwise.

I love rap, and mix it up with rock, metal, R&B, etc... all the time. If you were to listen to rap from something like a pair of Hifiman Ananda, or Deva, etc... (just for example) you would find that you can give it a really good bass boost but it will still be very clean sounding AND you will still hear the rest of the music to go along with that wonderful impact of bass hit. I also love a good rumble in my bass, but again, if it is flabby, loose, bloated, it just doesn't sound good (unless of course the artists intended it to sound that way). It is like one note being played over and over and over.

If some of the headphones you have listened to don't give you this picture, then you have chosen the wrong ones, or bass is all you are about, and can safely use a crossover to tune everything out except the bass. If, however you have an open mind and truly DO want to hear good quality sound, then you might try others in turn. That is really the reason the people on here keep buying/selling buying/selling again headphones/IEMs. It is the quest to find the perfect sound (for their ears). If you are happy with the "bloated" sounds, then by all means stick with it, but please don't say that the community has a distorted view of this or that because it does not agree with what your ears like.

Exactly my view. What the artist intended for you to listen to...

Some people here have told me to try the 85t to compensate for the MT’s failings. Has anyone compared the MTW2 with the 85t?

Here 85t are in the 200€ mark (discounted from 230€) and MTW2 around the 240€ mark (discounted from 300€)

Is there a MTW3 coming soon? If the mishaps were improved I’d have to up my budget and maybe go for them.

Yesterday I had sudden signal drops with the MT, which had not happened before. It took them a few seconds and... the music came back on. About three times during a work day. They’re starting to annoy me more. I still like them but...

Feb 12, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #29,177 of 62,025
Just got my KEF mu3. Was between this and the Galaxy Buds Pro and I cancelled the samsungs on the assumption these might sound better. Do I regret my choice? Not at all but wish I could a/b them.

First impressions, not a fan of the case or style. They do sit well in the ear however.

First impression of the sound...even though im limited to aac as the best codec these sound surprisngly good. They have avoided the typical v-shape and overcooked bass of a lot of TWS. Id say they are neutral throughout the range with a nudge towards warm which is pretty much how I like it.. This is with ANC on which is how Ill use them, early ANC impressions are decent. Havnt left the house but the passive isolation seems fairly strong and the ANC seems decent in addition.

There is no APP which is a big fail for me but im happy with the sound signature OOB, be nice to configure the tactile buttons which you cant at the mo.

Other missing comforts include sensor for when its in your ear or not.

TLDR - A lot missing but early impressions they sound good. Neutral-warm. Missing aptx, missing app.

Attachments

• 20210212_112250.jpg
    20210212_112250.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 12, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #29,178 of 62,025
Fast moving thread... Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for Home Stereo TV, HiFi Wireless Audio Adapter with Audiophile ESS DAC & AptX HD/Low Latency, Long Range, Optical RCA AUX 3.5mm Outputs/Inputs

About $75 on Amazon.

Price:$79.99 FREE One-Day & FREE Returns
Coupon

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #29,179 of 62,025
I had to take off the filters for my Earfun Free Pro as one side started sounding congested and veiled. There wasn't much earwax but I guess the mesh was no longer permeable. Now the treble is brighter (almost similar but it'll do) and the bass is less boomy. Ambient sound is a tad clearer now.

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #29,181 of 62,025
Feb 12, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #29,182 of 62,025
Feature request:
Lately I've been thinking, how about a button to skip ads on youtube.
Currently I can only skip ads by pulling out the phone and using the touch screen and waiting for the skip selection.
I don't know if voice assistant can do this for me.
Unfortunately I think Youtube and Android is cotrolled by the same people. I wonder if ios can implement Siri to skip ads.
Doing dishes and trying to skip ads at the same time requires too much work.

Feb 12, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #29,183 of 62,025
Feature request:
Currently I can only skip ads by pulling out the phone and using the touch screen and waiting for the skip selection.
Unfortunately I think Youtube and Android is cotrolled by the same people. I wonder if ios can implement Siri to skip ads.

There's really no way to do this unfortunately as YouTube doesn't want you doing this. It may be possible to find a jailbreak tweak that can do this, but nothing that will run natively in either OS.

Feb 12, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #29,184 of 62,025
Feature request:
YouTube Vanced or pay for premium and get YouTube music also

Feb 12, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #29,185 of 62,025
Well more time with seenheiser MTW2 and opinions have changed. Changed to larger tip on right and seated them a bit different and now I hear the fantastic soundstage and great tuning.

Wish they were louder though.
Have to test ANC more.

The Fiil T1PRO really impressed me. I can get them to sound 90% as good as MTW2 with great highs and soundstage too.
They also seem to be a bit better on quality than MTW2 also. Very light and comfy fit even with no wing tips secure.
Highly recommend them.

Feb 12, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #29,186 of 62,025
The new regime.
FullSizeRender_conv (3).jpgFullSizeRender 3_conv (2).jpgFullSizeRender 2_conv (1).jpg

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #29,188 of 62,025
Feature request:
The simplest (and best?) solution is just to buy YT premium. The no ads is great, the ability to download videos has its uses, and YT Music is.... there.

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #29,189 of 62,025
You're in an audiophile community, they tend to prefer sound with more linear bass presentation, even if it's elevated 5-10 dB, they still prefer something linear. Some don't mind a boost in the sub-bass (< 100 Hz for example), but having a boost closer to the 200-400 Hz range generally creates this bloat that most talk about. You don't have to have big bass to have a strong impact by the way. There is also such a thing as too treble happy too.

Edit: I'll also add that a lot of older generation also prefer a warmer headphone to listen to (modest linear push in the bass, slight reduction in treble, or both). I think the push of the Harman target also kind of puts that more in perspective.

Audiophile or good sound doesn't necessarily mean having no bass is all I'm saying. I've listened to headphones that considered to have "exaggerated" bass when in reality they didn't really have any sub bass. The comment remains. The taste in sound seems to differ dramatically by age.

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #29,190 of 62,025
I would argue that the people that LIKE the bloated bass are the ones that actually have a distorted view of what the artists meant the music to sound like. I am not trying to offend here, but I am in agreeance with tinyman392 in this. There is a major difference between good quality bass that has more quantity, and simply giving more quantity with poor quality. Also, most audiophiles will tell you they also don't like hot treble at all, but if there is a veil on the treble or it is reduced too much, not only does it make the tone of the instruments wrong, but you miss details in a song that you would not otherwise.

I love rap, and mix it up with rock, metal, R&B, etc... all the time. If you were to listen to rap from something like a pair of Hifiman Ananda, or Deva, etc... (just for example) you would find that you can give it a really good bass boost but it will still be very clean sounding AND you will still hear the rest of the music to go along with that wonderful impact of bass hit. I also love a good rumble in my bass, but again, if it is flabby, loose, bloated, it just doesn't sound good (unless of course the artists intended it to sound that way). It is like one note being played over and over and over.

If some of the headphones you have listened to don't give you this picture, then you have chosen the wrong ones, or bass is all you are about, and can safely use a crossover to tune everything out except the bass. If, however you have an open mind and truly DO want to hear good quality sound, then you might try others in turn. That is really the reason the people on here keep buying/selling buying/selling again headphones/IEMs. It is the quest to find the perfect sound (for their ears). If you are happy with the "bloated" sounds, then by all means stick with it, but please don't say that the community has a distorted view of this or that because it does not agree with what your ears like.
Bass is supposed to rumble and it is supposed to be felt. People who like a completely flat sound obviously have no clue what other genres are supposed to sound like. Hip hop with no impact in the background feels awkward to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back