Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #29,132 of 62,079
Anyone using Fiil T1PRO have any EQ settings they can recommend?
They are really good sounding with more bass than I expected based on every one saying the earfun free pro is tuned for more bass out of the same bud. I find even in the treble preset there is plenty of bass. It is not quite to 75t level but easily matches 85t and can surpass it in bass boost mode over stock 85t settings..

Hello, new user here and owner of the FIILs. I'd like to share this EQ setting for the T1 Pro. If possible, may T1 Pro users please try this configuration in the FIIL app and let me know how it sounds? This aims for a deeper, bigger bass while retaining control, raises the lower mids a fair amount to boost warmth while keeping clear of muddiness, and slightly reduces the treble peaks present from 2k to 8k in the T1 Pro. Essentially, this aims to achieve the best of both worlds: the earfun free pro bassy sound without the somewhat-intrusive and sloppy bass, and the fiil t1 lite balanced sound with reduced treble harshness. (Note: I use the stock eartips on the T1 pros)

https://imgur.com/a/tijTktr

For precise values, you may input these on a digital EQ app:
30 = +3.5 db or +3 db
60 = +3.5 db or +3 db
125 = +3.5 db or +3 db
250 = +1.5 db
500 = 0 db
1k = 0 db
2k = -1 db
4k = -3 db to -2 db
8k = -3 db or -2 db
16k = 0 db

EDIT: cut for 4k and 8k changed to range from -2 to -3. The former to preserve more presence and detail, the latter for less fatigue and added bass presence. Also changed to +3 db for bands from 30 to 125, less mud and more natural sounding lows.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #29,133 of 62,079
This is the best I could do with my phone's camera.
ET1.jpg
Grado size S on the left, Sennheiser size XS on the right.

ET2.jpg
Comparison between Grado size S, Sennheiser size S and XS.

Dimensions are similar as you can tell. Sennheiser S is a little taller than Grado S. I use the Sennheiser XS on my Grado's.

I'm not sure why they sound different as I did have a good fit with the Grado ear tips. I suspect maybe the silicone is different? The Grados do feel a little flimsy compared to the Senns which are a little more dense.

I highly recommend the Sennheiser tips though if you're not happy with the sound. They can be had for $11 directly from Sennheiser.

***I tried the stock ones again just now just for kicks and I immediately could hear the droney overpowering bass.

All sizes out of stock in Sennheiser site. Since you have the different sizes of both, which Sennheiser size is most comparable to the Grado medium? That’s what fits me the best.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #29,134 of 62,079
Hello, new user here and owner of the FIILs. I'd like to share this EQ setting for the T1 Pro. If possible, may T1 Pro users please try this configuration in the FIIL app and let me know how it sounds? This aims for a deeper, bigger bass while retaining control, raises the lower mids a fair amount to boost warmth while keeping clear of muddiness, and slightly reduces the treble peaks present from 2k to 8k in the T1 Pro. Essentially, this aims to achieve the best of both worlds: the earfun free pro bassy sound without the somewhat-intrusive and sloppy bass, and the fiil t1 lite balanced sound with reduced treble harshness. (Note: I use the stock eartips on the T1 pros)

https://imgur.com/a/tijTktr

For precise values, you may input these on a digital EQ app:
30 = +3.5 db
60 = +3.5 db
125 = +3.5 db
250 = +1.5 db
500 = 0 db
1k = 0 db
2k = -1 db
4k = -3 db
8k = -3 db
16k = 0 db
Tried it was nice but felt I needed more treble than that but agree to drop the mids and I boosted upper treble to get more detail

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #29,135 of 62,079
All sizes out of stock in Sennheiser site. Since you have the different sizes of both, which Sennheiser size is most comparable to the Grado medium? That’s what fits me the best.

ET3.jpg

I would go with the Small ear tip. The height is about the same as the Grado Medium maybe just a tiny bit taller, but the Grado's are fatter as well.

The Sennheiser Mediums are surprisingly shorter than both but fatter than the Grados.

I guess it depends on your fit? If you want it to be deeper in your ear or if you want better seal?

Feb 10, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #29,137 of 62,079
@SemiAudiophile those Sennheiser tips look similar to some generic ones that HiFiMan used to offer with their IEMs. I think Heir Audio (from like 5 years ago) did the same. They were very good tips though. HiFiMan no longer offers those tips and Heir Audio doesn't exist anymore, the main person in charge went on to create Noble Audio.

Feb 10, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #29,138 of 62,079
Man, I just got the Grado's and I'm comparing them to my Devialet Gemini. They are killer. Less features, but man, they do sound good.

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #29,140 of 62,079
First few listens with MTW2. I know late to the party.
Expected more to be honest.
Bass is good. Vocals good. Wide soundstage.
But lower mids seemed like the bass bled into them. Volume is low too had to go to over 80% whereas the Jabra would need 65 and the Fiil 70.

Once EQ'd I really enjoy the Fiil t1 pro sound. Similar to Jabra when both EQ'd but with the treble detail being a bit better.

Outside of the Chinese app and a case lid that closes too easy all the time these are quite the steal.

ANC and ambient are not class leading but full controls great fit and comfort and sound with Qi charging and a tiny case for 60$! US

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #29,141 of 62,079
intersting! Im looking to replace my faulty Geminis. Waiting for the KEF Mu3. Would you say the Grado’s sound better than Geminis?
Yeah, I just packed up my Gemini's for a return. I'll revisit when they fix things. I think the Grado's sound more natural, but still listening. The soundstage is comparable and the fit is also more secure. I bought them from Crutchfield here in the US. They shipped FAST.

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #29,143 of 62,079
ET3.jpg

I would go with the Small ear tip. The height is about the same as the Grado Medium maybe just a tiny bit taller, but the Grado's are fatter as well.

The Sennheiser Mediums are surprisingly shorter than both but fatter than the Grados.

I guess it depends on your fit? If you want it to be deeper in your ear or if you want better seal?

That pic is great. I’m more towards the Grado S tip so I’ll probably start with the Senn S once I can find them.

Glad a bunch of people are discovering the Grado... they’re really good.

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #29,145 of 62,079
It's a good time to be alive. I have the Noble Falcon Pro and the Devialet Gemini engaged in a fight to the death. Both of these TWS sound excellent with a dynamic fun sound. It's really close. Both are v shaped and both offer an EQ in the app to sculpt the sound (the Falcon responds better to EQ). If I had to choose one to live with on an island, I'd probably take the Gemini but not without second thoughts. They sound just a bit more musical and cohesive to me overall with the added bonus of ANC. Out of the box and without any EQ they sound terrific. The sub bass is present with very little bleed and there is a little bit of warmth to them. They can be a little shouty but this doesn't usually both me at my age (46 with tinnitus). I prefer the sizzle to rolled off highs. They remind me of the excellent MW07 but on steroids.

The Falcon Pro are superb in their own right. The bass hits hard and fast although perhaps just a bit less sub bass. They win in terms of clarity and detail. They also win in terms of soundstage. While I was concerned about the stem length being too long on the Pro, I actually prefer the fit to the Gemini. They isolate better and stay put while the Gemini are constantly sliding around when I'm moving. Noble gets extra points for immediately pairing and updating via the iPhone APP.

Both of these TWS showcase just how good TWS can sound if price is not an object. I may just have to keep both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back