Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 26, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #28,696 of 62,031
I would love to get the fits too, but $250 is beyond my budget. The best I can afford to spend in $200, and that's already past my $175 budget. =[

They are a tad pricey. To be honest, I'm still more likely to put more use in my APP over my Fits simply due to the fact that I get far better control on the APP. The Fits do sound better and fit much better, but its lack of control is an Achilles heal IMO.

Jan 26, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #28,697 of 62,031
I would love to get the fits too, but $250 is beyond my budget. The best I can afford to spend in $200, and that's already past my $175 budget. =[
There are 10% off coupons out there. Google is your friend 😉

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #28,698 of 62,031
Found some spinfit cp100 tips and they improve the fit and sound of the buds pro. Does not interfere with the case charging and closing as well.

DpVIknj.jpg

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #28,701 of 62,031
1611753423335.png

Philips TAT3265. IPX4, BT5.2, dual mics, 13mm drivers, SBC/AAC/AptX. ~$120

Also a new Final...

The TWS08R is characterized by its compact size, which is the smallest and lightest in the series. Black/CREAM/BLUE is adopted for the main body color. It is compatible with life waterproof IPX4, and it appeals that it can be used with confidence even in sudden weather changes.

「TWS08R」 BLUE

It is said that the main body adopted a shape that fits tightly in the pocket part "Aero-kai" around the ear hole. Final's "TYPE E Fully Wireless Specification" earpiece is also included as standard, realizing high sound insulation and comfortable fitting.

This model is also fully supervised by final, and he explains that he has won "a sound that combines bouncy heavy bass with clear vocals". The playback frequency band is 20Hz - 20kHz, the communication method is Bluetooth 5.0 compliant, the codec is SBC/AAC/aptX, and the profile is A2DP/AVRCP/HSP/HFP.

The continuous music playback time is up to 7 hours (up to 28 hours including case), and the battery capacity is 40 mAh on one side of the earphone / 300 mAh in the case. The earpiece "final TYPE E fully wireless exclusive specification" comes with SS / S / M / L size, and also comes with a cable for USB type C charging. ~$75.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #28,702 of 62,031
I've just bought a pair of Mpow M30, should be here Saturday. I'm hoping they're close to the quality of either of my TFZ or ibasso wired buds. Can't see it really as my wired buds have 9mm and 10mm drivers and the M30 I think has only 6mm drivers.

Jan 27, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #28,703 of 62,031
They are a tad pricey. To be honest, I'm still more likely to put more use in my APP over my Fits simply due to the fact that I get far better control on the APP. The Fits do sound better and fit much better, but its lack of control is an Achilles heal IMO.
The more I listened to the Fits the more I enjoyed them. They certainly are preferred over the APP IMO. The issue I have with the Fits is the lack of control. A single control per side simply isn't great when the APP has skip, back, play/pause + one additional per side with auto-pause (remove one to pause). The Fits are very comfortable and do disappear from your ears. Though they don't offer much passive isolation.

This has been my assessment as well. I thoroughly enjoy the sound and comfort of the UE Fits but I am frustrated by the lack of controls.

Jan 27, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #28,704 of 62,031
This has been my assessment as well. I thoroughly enjoy the sound and comfort of the UE Fits but I am frustrated by the lack of controls.

Their double-tap functionality takes a little while to learn how to do right too. To be honest, I know a lot of companies are trying to get fancy with control structures, but just use a normal button; there's nothing wrong with that. Heck Apple moved back to a normal button(-like) control and the AirPods are far better for it.

Jan 27, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #28,705 of 62,031
Found some spinfit cp100 tips and they improve the fit and sound of the buds pro. Does not interfere with the case charging and closing as well.

DpVIknj.jpg
I tried the cp360 and cp1025 on them and neither quite are right on the buds. Aren't the 100 a bit long or deep?
At this point I am going to return mine solely on fit reasons.
So leaves me with Jabra or possibly try another JBL if the case works better with wireless charger

Or should I just go for the MTW2. It is about 75$ more than I like to spend on tws but if they are that great sounding with full contest good ANC and battery and sufficient for and comfort for working out.....

Also could get the Devialet Gemini for 20 more than the MTW2 is that a better choice?

I have literally tried 8 different tws hoping to find best combo of sound comfort and functionality. The best sounding buds usually fail in comfort for me and to a lesser extent functionality.

Jabra 85t is the closest but the treble detail and the tightness of the bass not quite there with XM3 or buds pro despite there being more bass than either.

Jan 27, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #28,706 of 62,031
I tried the cp360 and cp1025 on them and neither quite are right on the buds. Aren't the 100 a bit long or deep?
At this point I am going to return mine solely on fit reasons.
So leaves me with Jabra or possibly try another JBL if the case works better with wireless charger

Or should I just go for the MTW2. It is about 75$ more than I like to spend on tws but if they are that great sounding with full contest good ANC and battery and sufficient for and comfort for working out.....

Also could get the Devialet Gemini for 20 more than the MTW2 is that a better choice?

I have literally tried 8 different tws hoping to find best combo of sound comfort and functionality. The best sounding buds usually fail in comfort for me and to a lesser extent functionality.

Jabra 85t is the closest but the treble detail and the tightness of the bass not quite there with XM3 or buds pro despite there being more bass than either.
I tried the cp360 and the cp1025 too, they are too short due to the short nozzle on the buds pro. The buds pro need long tips to work. The cp100 (not the z version) is perfect for the buds pro. The buds pro ranks in the top 3 on terms of sound quality for me now. The fit is also much more comfortable with the cp100 tips.

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #28,708 of 62,031

DpVIknj.jpg
nice! I am a big fan of trying third party tips on TWS earphones. Problem is many of the cases to not have room to accommodate. :frowning2: I should be getting my galaxy buds pros this afternoon along with my s21 phone upgrade.

The Jabra 85t's can rock the RHA dual flange tips and have enough clearance in the case.

1611773231084.png

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #28,709 of 62,031
Hi guys. Can any of you kindly recommend me buds around £40 to £50? My mate has been telling me how good the Boltune BT-BH024 is. Are they the best sound quality for their price or is there better? I'd like some that stay secure in the ears while jogging, preferably with warmth close to my wired ibasso ITO1 sound rather than bright and fatiguing (like my TFZ Exclusive 3), volume control and track skip, and either touch, or if they're buttons, a nice easy press without making the ear feel uncomfortable. Thanks. :)
I had the ibasso it01 before it was stolen. :frowning2:

I keep coming back to TWS earphones every 3 or 4 months only to find that, despite the gap getting narrower, they don't compete with wired iems at all. I just got the penon fan in. I'm convinced that no TWS is even close to the sound quality of the Fan. But TWS fans (pun intended) value mobility and freedom from wires, so I recognize in that use case wired IEMs are not a fit for many of us in this thread.

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #28,710 of 62,031
I tried the cp360 and the cp1025 too, they are too short due to the short nozzle on the buds pro. The buds pro need long tips to work. The cp100 (not the z version) is perfect for the buds pro. The buds pro ranks in the top 3 on terms of sound quality for me now. The fit is also much more comfortable with the cp100 tips.
Problem for me is not knowing if I need medium or large. The cp360 had both sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back