Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #28,666 of 62,119
I like the idea of the big driver, but otherwise I'd really need to see some stellar reviews to pick up. I'm much more a fan of the sealing design of IEMs than the openness of the airpods, Buds Live, or even the Jabra 85t.

Thus far, though I really want the best for Earin, this doesn't look like a buy for me.
My gut tells me these are a pass as well. I do like the open design but some reports state that mids and bass are low unless you press them in so that’s a red flag. Cool form factor but I’m going to hold out.

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #28,667 of 62,119
Anyone jumping in on the Earin? Available today. Not much in the way of reviews. A couple folks on Reddit said they don’t fit well. I like the diminutive size but seems like they don’t really offer anything unique or groundbreaking.
Yep. I pulled the trigger. I've had all the Earin generations and I like to support the indie companies like this. We shall see. Hope they are good.

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #28,669 of 62,119
Do you have any other eartips you could try with the MT? I tried the Symbio F, but no good. They are way too big.

I know, I know, don't fix if it's not broken. Still, I would be curious to see how they sound with other tips.
Honestly, I am good with the large tips from CA. I loved the CA foam tips that came with the Melomania 1, but that sound tube is massive compared to the Touch, so no good. But no, I have tons of tips here on hand from my years of IEM purchases, but have not tried any of them. My main reason is that they would affect the case charging process. But maybe I will try out a pair of Complys, just for kicks.

Meantime, I listened to the MTs for two hours this morning, flawless connectivity, connected right away with my iPhone 8+. And they sounded spectacular to me, in all genres I tried. So they will be keepers, I hope. The Status Audio Between Pro ANC buds are arriving today (so says the USPS Informed Delivery app), so can't wait to compare them to the MT. I will use both if they both sound equal, though the Between Pro buds have ANC and are triple driver models, so there is that. Either way, two nice pair of BT phones based on stellar SQ for about $220. Works for me.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #28,670 of 62,119
Anyone jumping in on the Earin? Available today. Not much in the way of reviews. A couple folks on Reddit said they don’t fit well. I like the diminutive size but seems like they don’t really offer anything unique or groundbreaking.

An early adopter, since they would be getting the word of mouth out, discount code would have been nice. Also more than a 14 day trial might be nice. Small is nice but that means 5 hour battery life for $200. No too hard to resist these.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #28,671 of 62,119
Honestly, I am good with the large tips from CA. I loved the CA foam tips that came with the Melomania 1, but that sound tube is massive compared to the Touch, so no good. But no, I have tons of tips here on hand from my years of IEM purchases, but have not tried any of them. My main reason is that they would affect the case charging process. But maybe I will try out a pair of Complys, just for kicks.

Meantime, I listened to the MTs for two hours this morning, flawless connectivity, connected right away with my iPhone 8+. And they sounded spectacular to me, in all genres I tried. So they will be keepers, I hope. The Status Audio Between Pro ANC buds are arriving today (so says the USPS Informed Delivery app), so can't wait to compare them to the MT. I will use both if they both sound equal, though the Between Pro buds have ANC and are triple driver models, so there is that. Either way, two nice pair of BT phones based on stellar SQ for about $220. Works for me.

I don't think the Between Pro have ANC.

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #28,672 of 62,119
I don't think the Between Pro have ANC.
Oops. To quote Rick in Casablanca, "I was misinformed." (Actually I was projecting, I guess). But no matter, for me that's not a prerequisite for BT in-ears, since I use them mainly walking and well-fit IEMs seem to do the trick re external noise.

Looking forward to hearing them after a full charge.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #28,673 of 62,119
I am using the Jabra's 75t tips on MT and it's give me better seal and isolation and they fit in the case just fine.IMG_0062.jpeg

I have some spinfit that seem to fit. Makes the bass disappear, and everything tinny. I also have some foams that I got for some Galaxy Buds +, and it makes everything sound boomy. I actually really like the silicon tips that came with the MT.

Jan 25, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #28,675 of 62,119
I had the N6 Pro and Liberty Pro 2 but returned them. It was awhile go. Unless something goes drastically wrong, I’ll be keeping the MT. Best I can say. The fit and SQ hit the sweet spot, and the FW update appears to have done the job.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm glad that you've found the latest update has ironed out many of the software issues. It helps to know that you've tried the Nuarl N6P and don't feel like you're missing out on the sound quality. I'm hoping the CA Touch meet my needs as they have aspects to them that the N6P are lacking (EQ in the app, pass through and potentially increased bass response).

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #28,676 of 62,119
Been listening to my Earin A3’s since last Wednesday and I like them more then anything else I have used since 2013 or so. Never had an open design, but used to it now. The fit does take a little adjusting to get right for your ears. Do have to turn up the volume a bit more than i would normally. Don’t listen at high volume with any of my IEM’s or wireless earbuds though. They do seem to have a bigger sound or perhaps volume of sound is what I have getting at, if that makes any sense. I sure would compare the sound quality to some of my IEM’s, wether using Amazon Prime HD or my Sony ZX300. I like the idea of no tips as I listen for hours at a time every day, and it doesn’t seem to take that many hours of listening before needing to remove IEM’s or other wireless earbuds because of mild irritation. So far battery has been at about 5 hours of stated 5.5 hours, but no problem for me. Would probably compare them to Apple’s AirPod Pro’s that I had been using, but with much bigger sound quality all around. Better bass, more detailed mids, and treble about the same. They don’t compare to my Bragi Starkey Dash, but that is to be expected I think. I am completely satisfied with purchasing these and will be my first goto of each day. I did suggest to Earin about designing some silicone sleeves, but only for a more secure fit. Maybe something having the texture of my azla Sedna xelastic ear tips would be ideal.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #28,677 of 62,119
When I had mine, I did find that one of the tips (Xelastics MS) wouldn't fit in the case, but I had a good fit with 1 M and 1 L Spinfit CP360 IIRC.

Mine did work on my "Yootech" qi chargers (3) but it does have to placed dead center for the coil to engage, I found, and wouldn't engage as well if off on the side. Also, you probably know this, but the case lays on it's back (not the USB port), so I'd always be careful setting it so I could see the charge light engage on the bottom of case and make sure it was in the right position. But, I guess this is all to say, I don't think yours is bad, but it may be touchy re-qi charging. If it won't stay charging - make sure it's not full already (it charged v quick for me) and otherwise if you still have probs I'd return 'em. (or send to me!) lol
Thanks for the info. I tried the case on every square inch. It starts charging then 10 seconds later the charger light starts blinking and the charger light on the case turns off. It's as if there is a communication issue.
Too bad I do really like the sound. Easily on par with XM3 for me.
But it suffers a few weakness I will test out more but might have to return.

ANC is useless. I haven't tested thoroughly but my bathroom ceing fan is completely blocked out with Sony Jabra and Samsung. JBL made zero difference.
Will try some other scenarios but that is a concern as I can spend less and get a good set of earbuds without ANC. And my L2P sound as good when EQ'd right.

Other issue is by setting controls for track and volume thee is no way to turn on ambient sound or ANC without going into phone. This was same issue as Sony.

So far only the Jabras can do it and even they cripes it going from.75 to85 as now the off toggle isn't on the buds.

Would be easy to fix in firmware but I'm worried about JBL not supporting these. They are sold out on their site. They have announced the tour + coming out in may which do everything these do and more.

So far the Jabra 85t are best all around bud I've tested when considering sound quality followed by features and comfort and I got for 170$US. I ordered some Spinfit 1025 tips and some tips meant for freebuds pro that should also work on them that are foam. If I can get a slightly more secure fit for workouts they will be near perfect.
Only buds that sound better to me (and not by much) have been the XM3 and JBL. L2P sound a bit more dynamic butbpeefer the warmer natural sound of 85t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back