Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 22, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #28,561 of 61,981
I’ve been itching to try the t1 pro, but settled for the Earfun Free Pro, since they’re supposedly the same model with a slight bass emphas in the latter. Well, they’re going back to Amazon. I muuuuuch prefer the sound of my trusty T1X. It was the hollow midrange. The T1X were a breath of fresh air after the Earfun Free Pro.

I will miss the size, fit, and ambient mode.

Would be curious to hear your thoughts on the T1 Pro then if you get ahold of it!

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #28,562 of 61,981
May I ask you some more details about the reasons for you consider them interesting?

Well obvious from looking at them it is most likely the Earpod more open style, the small size and low profile. Perhaps the interchange ability being symmetrical but not sure if that is just marketing but in reality not very useful at all. Awkward and unnatural after using TWS for a while to not put the right ear in the right side of the case or taking the right side out and putting in the right ear. Not sure when or why I would need to swap.

The low profile will certainly eliminate wind whistle vs. bigger stuff where if wind hits you the right way and can go underneath certain egg shapes that stick out and give you the wind whistle passing through that area that sticks out and the ear. Though that is just wind whistle and not general wind noise.

The Earin is a big draw for those who want a more open sound. Big scare for me would be the touch controls.
1611320641955.png

That little plateau has to be the touch control and how do you grab these with two fingers without accidentally registering at times? Thinking these could be a no single press set up or if single press we wish it wasn't lol.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #28,563 of 61,981
You used word headphones not earbuds. To me they have different use cases.
Earbuds are lighter better seal no wires. So having ANC ambient and other tools on them to control them are important.
If I am alone and can immerse myself in my music o would rather use my headphones with 40 or 50mm drivers.

Did you really just go all semantic on me because I didn't use the right word? I apologize, Emperor of Audio Product Language, forgive me my sins.

The point is you don't need ANC on in-ears nearly as much as over-ears because they tend to seal out noise far more effectively. A set of foams on IEMs will drown out sound better than ANC on full-size, it's why stage performers don't worry about ANC on their monitors.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #28,565 of 61,981
Did you really just go all semantic on me because I didn't use the right word? I apologize, Emperor of Audio Product Language, forgive me my sins.

The point is you don't need ANC on in-ears nearly as much as over-ears because they tend to seal out noise far more effectively. A set of foams on IEMs will drown out sound better than ANC on full-size, it's why stage performers don't worry about ANC on their monitors.
In a quiet environment I would agree. The beauty of tws is their use in many environments often noisy ones and ones in which headphones would be inadvisable.
You are entitled to your opinion but it is for your use case fine generalize for everyone.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #28,566 of 61,981

if there were ANC tech for in ear monitors back when i was doing gigs, i would use it in a heart beat. using full ANC headphones for stage is not very appealing to look at by the audiences :sweat_smile:

I don't gig anymore, but i do use my ANC TWS as earplugs when i play in studios with friends because i can hear their instrument's notes better than just using my usual etymotic earplugs.

passive foam earplugs are better for low pass isolations, while ANC are better for high pass isolations, so each have their own strengths/use

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #28,569 of 61,981
Decided to order the Fiil t1 pro . At 76$ CDN shipped I figure they can always be a backup of workout but. They will not be returnable if I don't like as costs to send back to China are crazy. Though other option is always to sell them to some one here if they are interested.

Any ideas how long till they would get to me? Also should I be expected to pay duties? Warranty?

How are they for bass? The earfun pro are tuned more for bass but didn't like no app or EQ adjustments. And limited track control.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #28,570 of 61,981
Ok so first thoughts on the galaxy buds pro:

They sound painfully great!

Imaging sound stage separation are all great. Miss highs and lows are fantastic with a caveat.

These bugs are more dependent then for them any other twsi have ever tried. With wrong side tips or even the right side not adjusted just right the sound is too strong in the treble. Problem is unlike most earbuds these are hard to get the right fit or know when you have it. But when you do, they sound as good as any I have heard.

The big negative for me right now is the right earbuds in particular causes me alot of discomfort if I get that for seal for sound and even the left is not most comfortable. Buds+much better in that regard.

If the discomfort doesn't get better with time these will go back unfortunately. Then again my L2P were uncomfortable at the beginning too and got better after a few days.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #28,571 of 61,981

Imaging sound stage separation are all great. Miss highs and lows are fantastic with a caveat.

These bugs are more dependent then for them any other twsi have ever tried. With wrong side tips or even the right side not adjusted just right the sound is too strong in the treble. Problem is unlike most earbuds these are hard to get the right fit or know when you have it. But when you do, they sound as good as any I have heard.

The big negative for me right now is the right earbuds in particular causes me alot of discomfort if I get that for seal for sound and even the left is not most comfortable. Buds+much better in that regard.

If the discomfort doesn't get better with time these will go back unfortunately. Then again my L2P were uncomfortable at the beginning too and got better after a few days.

I am similarly impressed with the sound of the Galaxy Buds Pro. If you have access to the tips from the Sennheiser MTW 1/2, I find that they increase the comfort and seal.

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #28,574 of 61,981

Interesting. How do they compare to the xm3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back