Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 19, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #28,501 of 61,925
Interesting posts bout the Melomania Touch, glad to see they moved on from the horrible form factor of their previous model ! Pretty good fit then ? No having to mess around to get a seal ? Has anyone compared their SQ to the L2Ps ?

I've decided to send back the 75t as they are redundant with my current TWS stable (EchoBuds, L2Ps, SiFi II and X12) with some weaknesses like an average ANC, poor ambient (worse than on the 65t where it was really good), button settings getting lost and some strengths like the fit, the sturdy connection and the small case.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #28,502 of 61,925
Edit: Spoke too soon. Mine were in the case for half the day and the left earbud was charged but the right bud was at 6%.
The pins have nothing to do with the drain. It seems to me it's all software, a bug in the Gemini Right/Left split brain communication (yes a brain drain). It seems the Right and Left are always somehow seeking each other. On my phone, I connect with the Right and it communicates with the Left, but on my macbook I connect and disconnect with the Left. On both devices, almost always whenever I disconnect, the other (R/L) will pop in a few seconds later and I have to do a secondary as shutdown, via menu on the Mac, and what works for me on the phone is shutting the case, waiting a couple seconds until it reconnects on its own with the case closed (!), then open/shut again will make it really disconnect (bluetooth shows no activity).

Also, never connect or disconnect the "Gemini" bluetooth entry; always either use Right or Left.

They called these Gemini I guess because they are twins that are supposed to constantly work together, not master slave. I've noticed other things where sound will sometimes shift right and left as if it's they're trying to compensate for each other. A couple of times in a conference call it had a participant's voice shifting all around my head, like an old Pink Floyd record. This sort of thing rarely happens, but it seems to be only with voice and never with music.

TLDR; I'm sure this stuff is firmware fixable. In the meantime just be watchful when you shut down.

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #28,503 of 61,925
The pins have nothing to do with the drain. It seems to me it's all software, a bug in the Gemini Right/Left split brain communication (yes a brain drain). It seems the Right and Left are always somehow seeking each other. On my phone, I connect with the Right and it communicates with the Left, but on my macbook I connect and disconnect with the Left. On both devices, almost always whenever I disconnect, the other (R/L) will pop in a few seconds later and I have to do a secondary as shutdown, via menu on the Mac, and what works for me on the phone is shutting the case, waiting a couple seconds until it reconnects on its own with the case closed (!), then open/shut again will make it really disconnect (bluetooth shows no activity).

Also, never connect or disconnect the "Gemini" bluetooth entry; always either use Right or Left.

They called these Gemini I guess because they are twins that are supposed to constantly work together, not master slave. I've noticed other things where sound will sometimes shift right and left as if it's they're trying to compensate for each other. A couple of times in a conference call it had a participant's voice shifting all around my head, like an old Pink Floyd record. This sort of thing rarely happens, but it seems to be only with voice and never with music.

TLDR; I'm sure this stuff is firmware fixable. In the meantime just be watchful when you shut down.
You're 100% correct. As I typed my last update yesterday here, I noticed as I used my buds, the battery percentage for the right bud in the app was actually going UP.

I've also noticed the sound shift as they sync. No particular instance, but did notice it a few times so far.

I agree, definitely a firmware issue. I've seen this on other earbuds ie, the incorrect battery display. For me, this seems to all be a non-issue. Fingers crossed!

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #28,504 of 61,925
Any way to shrink the Earfun Free Pro ear hooks (like microwaving them or something)? Mine are starting to loosen up.

The fit on these is really weird, I find that if they're too deep in my ears, the ANC is actually worse than if I just gently settle them outside my ears.

Jan 19, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #28,505 of 61,925
So far my Jabra 85t have very nice musical sound. Whole I enjoyed the Sony's there was something that felt a bit artificial in the tonality. More electronic.

So now down to the Jabra 85t but of course I'm a suck and when Crinacle raved about the Samsung's new offering and again them hitting my list of features from IP rating tunable sound ANC Qi charging and great sound I had to order.

Will likely come down to one or the other but will be hard to beat the Jabra as a compete package

Could you take the time to compare them and see which one of the two does better with call quality? I'm looking for the best one to use for work VOIP calls so background noise (kids, tv) suppression and crystal clear sounding voice will decide which one of the two I'll end up purchasing. Thanks!

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #28,506 of 61,925
I got the Galaxy Buds Pro and Samsung really pisses me off. I think this iem has good potential, and it seem sound good, but I can't get a good fit due to them trying to copy Apple and going proprietary tips. Stupid, stupid idea. I don't know why Samsung tries to copy the most annoying things from Apple. Like getting rid of headphone jack and leaving out power adapters and now they gimp the fit of the iem and also the after market tips usability. Jesus Christ! Do they know how to stay original?

I know I should be getting more bass out of these, and I feel like I would actually like these the best if I can get bigger size tips (L is smaller than L APP tips!) and the nozzle was extended longer. This is so disappointing. The tips are not large enough and it effects noise isolation and ANC for highs as well.

It seems to sound better (sound stage and imaging seems to be better than previous models I've tried, and sounding more refined and cleaner), but I can't the best out of them. So annoying. Samsung does the dumbest things sometimes.

If you go large tips, I suggest waiting until larger after market tips comes out. So annoying.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #28,507 of 61,925
I decided to improvise, and tried to fit in various tips. My old Kanas Pro tips actually fit, and the tips sticks out forward giving me the fit that I need. If what I'm hearing with such fit is what they intended, I do like these compared to a lot of TWS I've tried. The bass is much better than previous Samsung and better than other TWS I've tried besides the QC earbuds. Compared to QC earbuds, the bass on these are tighter and faster. The sound stage large and to my liking as well. The highs are crisp like the NC400, but these just seem to sound cleaner than previous Samsung/Harman/AKG whatever have you.

To me, these remind me of Drop JVC FDX1 in wireless form. Very fast with electronic, and very nice with electronic tracks. I do really like the bass! This is another doing bass well out of TWS like the QC earbuds. It seems like sound is improving with TWS. Bass certainly is, which I didn't think would happen.

Only thing I'm not too fond of is the vocals, it's to forward and too textury due to the treble lift. Brings out some sibilance. Basically, it's not smooth vocals. Other than that, it has high clarity, and crispy for those that that type of response.

I think the filling of the 200hz area made sense compared to cut in the Harman (seems agreeable to my ears), but I think that treble up top should be tamed slightly.

BudsProHarman-1024x443.png

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #28,508 of 61,925
Could you take the time to compare them and see which one of the two does better with call quality? I'm looking for the best one to use for work VOIP calls so background noise (kids, tv) suppression and crystal clear sounding voice will decide which one of the two I'll end up purchasing. Thanks!
Samsung? Or Sony?just sent the Sony's back.
Jabra call quality is good but haven't tested in noisy environments.
Waiting on the Samsungs.
With stored closed due to pandemic everything depends on shipping.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #28,509 of 61,925
I got the Galaxy Buds Pro and Samsung really pisses me off. I think this iem has good potential, and it seem sound good, but I can't get a good fit due to them trying to copy Apple and going proprietary tips. Stupid, stupid idea. I don't know why Samsung tries to copy the most annoying things from Apple. Like getting rid of headphone jack and leaving out power adapters and now they gimp the fit of the iem and also the after market tips usability. Jesus Christ! Do they know how to stay original?

I know I should be getting more bass out of these, and I feel like I would actually like these the best if I can get bigger size tips (L is smaller than L APP tips!) and the nozzle was extended longer. This is so disappointing. The tips are not large enough and it effects noise isolation and ANC for highs as well.

It seems to sound better (sound stage and imaging seems to be better than previous models I've tried, and sounding more refined and cleaner), but I can't the best out of them. So annoying. Samsung does the dumbest things sometimes.

If you go large tips, I suggest waiting until larger after market tips comes out. So annoying.
Try other tips. Even round tips can be fit on them. At least they could on the Jabrawhich are oval

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #28,510 of 61,925
I decided to improvise, and tried to fit in various tips. My old Kanas Pro tips actually fit, and the tips sticks out forward giving me the fit that I need. If what I'm hearing with such fit is what they intended, I do like these compared to a lot of TWS I've tried. The bass is much better than previous Samsung and better than other TWS I've tried besides the QC earbuds. Compared to QC earbuds, the bass on these are tighter and faster. The sound stage large and to my liking as well. The highs are crisp like the NC400, but these just seem to sound cleaner than previous Samsung/Harman/AKG whatever have you.

To me, these remind me of Drop JVC FDX1 in wireless form. Very fast with electronic, and very nice with electronic tracks. I do really like the bass! This is another doing bass well out of TWS like the QC earbuds. It seems like sound is improving with TWS. Bass certainly is, which I didn't think would happen.

Only thing I'm not too fond of is the vocals, it's to forward and too textury due to the treble lift. Brings out some sibilance. Basically, it's not smooth vocals. Other than that, it has high clarity, and crispy for those that that type of response.

I think the filling of the 200hz area made sense compared to cut in the Harman (seems agreeable to my ears), but I think that treble up top should be tamed slightly.

BudsProHarman-1024x443.png
Forget where bit saw all the frequency response graphs for the different EQ presets. Was either on Crinacle website or a Korean one. Seems that I believe the soft or the dynamic reduce that treble peak a bit. Might be worth a try.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #28,511 of 61,925
Forget where bit saw all the frequency response graphs for the different EQ presets. Was either on Crinacle website or a Korean one. Seems that I believe the soft or the dynamic reduce that treble peak a bit. Might be worth a try.
You mean this? I tried soft and it does tame the treble. If you look below, I have no idea why the lower-mids gets lifted. I can hear that warmth, I dislike as it warms the bass. Normal has the right bass to my ears, but the treble is still lifted slighty for my taste. I'm starting to notice that dip in the mids. I can hear less full-ness in that area. It's like less full there and then a rise, and doesn't feel fully distributed for vocals.

For soft, they should have just shaved off the treble and left the normal response of the bass. I got to say ANC is pretty lousy.
55c1213b205e25a36eae4170777ea97d.png

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #28,512 of 61,925
You mean this? I tried soft and it does tame the treble. If you look below, I have no idea why the lower-mids gets lifted. I can hear that warmth, I dislike as it warms the bass. Normal has the right bass to my ears, but the treble is still lifted slighty for my taste. I'm starting to notice that dip in the mids. I can hear less full-ness in that area. It's like less full there and then a rise, and doesn't feel fully distributed for vocals.

For soft, they should have just shaved off the treble and left the normal response of the bass. I got to say ANC is pretty lousy.
55c1213b205e25a36eae4170777ea97d.png
Yes that one. Looking at it it seems dynamic which is the olive one shaved that treble peak a bit without adding too much bass. Our the clear nude which knocks the bass a bit. Maybe comply tips?

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #28,513 of 61,925
Yes that one. Looking at it it seems dynamic which is the olive one shaved that treble peak a bit without adding too much bass. Our the clear nude which knocks the bass a bit. Maybe comply tips?
Dynamic actually does sound like Crin's measurements, tilts slightly warmer, but keeps the sibilant area at the same level. Kinda worse than normal IMO. I think normal is the best as thy failed to tame the treble at a good level and kept a good warmth balance with any of their presets. Perhaps the shallow insertion causes somewhat of a peak in the treble for some of us.

Not sure if the bass was intended like I hear out of Kanas Pro eartips, in which normal level bass sound good to me. This could just be tip dependent, but none of the early Samsung I liked the bass even with tips swapping. Pretty underwhelmed with bass with those.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #28,514 of 61,925
Hi guys. Can any of you kindly recommend me buds around £40 to £50? My mate has been telling me how good the Boltune BT-BH024 is. Are they the best sound quality for their price or is there better? I'd like some that stay secure in the ears while jogging, preferably with warmth close to my wired ibasso ITO1 sound rather than bright and fatiguing (like my TFZ Exclusive 3), volume control and track skip, and either touch, or if they're buttons, a nice easy press without making the ear feel uncomfortable. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back