Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 17, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #28,471 of 62,022
New here. Been following the thread ever since I bought the unfortunate Cambridge Melomania, now returned. Just couldn't deal with all the connection issues and since it wasn't any step up in sound (too bass heavy) compared to the Technics (my favorite) or Lypertek (2nd favorite) then I had no reason to keep struggling to get them connected to my phone.

Any one else have luck with theirs?

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #28,472 of 62,022
Had a wild hair and picked up the Devialet Gemini. Zero issues so far outside of that it took me three tried to update the right earbud but it did work. I must say, the sound is just sick. Wide soundstage and a more lively than my MTW2's. Bass hits hard. Still having issues with finding the right earbud tips. Case isn't as large as I thought it would be. No volume controls. Really hope they add them with a firmware update. ANC is very very good. Up there with the Sennies as long as you have a great seal.
The best seal I got is with XELASTEC tips. My main issue with those is that they I can hear them deform when I work my jaw (eating etc.)
I have seal issues with SpinFits - I can get them to seal but it takes a lot of work and patience every time in one ear.

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #28,473 of 62,022
The best seal I got is with XELASTEC tips. My main issue with those is that they I can hear them deform when I work my jaw (eating etc.)
I have seal issues with SpinFits - I can get them to seal but it takes a lot of work and patience every time in one ear.

XELASTEC also has a warping problem that I've never experienced with any other tips.

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #28,474 of 62,022
New here. Been following the thread ever since I bought the unfortunate Cambridge Melomania, now returned. Just couldn't deal with all the connection issues and since it wasn't any step up in sound (too bass heavy) compared to the Technics (my favorite) or Lypertek (2nd favorite) then I had no reason to keep struggling to get them connected to my phone.

I think it's a charging issue. You have to ensure the red light turns on when placing them in the case. I have to make sure of that.

You also have to wait for them to connect. What I do now is take out just one bud (the one that is paired which happens to be the left one), wait for it to connect, then take out the 2nd one from the case. It seems to be working well so far.

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #28,475 of 62,022
What size X tips did you get? I’m using the large OEM right now. A little shallow and I have the same issues as you with the SF.

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #28,477 of 62,022
I managed to get the chinese app to run on my Samsung note 20 ultra without issues. I bought it from a physical shop and the seller was kind enough to give me a few sets of extra tips including a pair of foam ones. I'm not noticing any issue using them while walking. What issues did you encounter?
Typical runner's THUD on each foot fall, amplified by very much sealed earholes :) Happens with most TWS that seal well.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #28,478 of 62,022
Typical runner's THUD on each foot fall, amplified by very much sealed earholes :) Happens with most TWS that seal well.

on the topic of runner's thud, this two eartips model is interesting, buf i don't know if the Pioneer ones are sold separately

images.jpeg

soundmagic-vented-eatips-black-extra-small-main-800x800_2000x.jpg

https://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/pr...d-silicone-sports-eartips-extra-small-3-pairs

anyone has ever found something similar to these?

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #28,479 of 62,022

Actually, I love the M1s. Don’t hear them bass heavy and connection issues have gone away with FW updates. However, I truly only favor them using the OEM foam tips, so I managed to secure the larger of CA’s foamies (they only made two sizes). With foam, they sound great and I also am a fan of click not touch. Having said that I also just bought the Melomania Touch, which at $149 are $70 more than the M1 (Anazon price). The Touch sound is a bit better, but some charging issues. Not sure I will kerp them or not.
Oops. Are you talking M1 or Touch? There are two Melomania models.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #28,481 of 62,022
The t1 pro sounds more balanced than the earfun. The earfun has this persistent bass which can be distracting. What the t1 pro gets right is that the high/mid/low frequencies are well tuned without over/under emphasis, so even if I try to nitpick on the sound quality, it is hard to find one frequency which sounds excessively overdone or recessed. The bass quality sounds so fluid that it sounds almost as if it came from full sized headphones rather than a tiny driver.

I'm unable to use ANC or ambient mode with only a single bud. There's skip back track on the t1 pro which is missing on the earfun. The app for the t1 pro is also massively useful.

Not sure about the bitpool thing as I've never really looked into it.
Bitpool can be tested if you have an Android phone. Get the btsnoop.log file from your Android phone (you may need to extract it using ADB via USB connection). Then upload your file to this tool.

Still haven't heard any news about the Buds Pro. I asked one YouTube reviewer who responded that he just found Windows 10 Bluetooth too tedious to use with too much latency compared to mobile. My experience has been the opposite with my BT5.0 laptop - latency is typically better than Android, such that casual games are fine.

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #28,482 of 62,022
You managed to get the app to run? Android I guess? And did they send you extra tips, or are those yours? I am actually happy with the large size that were in the box. And yes, they sound amazing, as long as you don't walk / run :D

don't have the T1 Pro but have the T1XS/T1X, and not my favourite for jogging as well. I can mostly ignore the thud from footsteps but not the most enjoyable since gotta push the volume louder. :joy: the fit is really secure and has above average passive isolation for TWS though. not sure if anyone encounters this too since it might just be my ears, but the sound signature changes slightly when i'm looking straight ahead vs when i'm looking down on the ground.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #28,483 of 62,022
Actually, I love the M1s. Don’t hear them bass heavy and connection issues have gone away with FW updates. However, I truly only favor them using the OEM foam tips, so I managed to secure the larger of CA’s foamies (they only made two sizes). With foam, they sound great and I also am a fan of click not touch. Having said that I also just bought the Melomania Touch, which at $149 are $70 more than the M1 (Anazon price). The Touch sound is a bit better, but some charging issues. Not sure I will kerp them or not.
Oops. Are you talking M1 or Touch? There are two Melomania models.

Melomania Touch. I really wanted to keep them but the connection issues were very frustrating. I paired both earbuds for the first time and listened to them for an hour. After placing them back in the charging case and trying to resume my listening later. The right earbud paired and the left paired and didn't connect. That was the beginning of my frustrations.

I reset them almost 20 times with the same result. Right paired but left didn't connect. I read this thread and one on avforum about seating the buds properly and waiting for the red light to turn white and also let one pair first before removing the other from the case etc. I tried it all. It just seemed like I was doing beta testing for Cambridge Audio.

Eventually returned it and ordered Sennheiser cx-400bt

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #28,484 of 62,022
I think it's a charging issue. You have to ensure the red light turns on when placing them in the case. I have to make sure of that.

You also have to wait for them to connect. What I do now is take out just one bud (the one that is paired which happens to be the left one), wait for it to connect, then take out the 2nd one from the case. It seems to be working well so far.

I don't think mine was a charging issue. I made sure the red lights came on and even waited for it to go off. Trued several times after reading this thread. Also tried taking them out one at a time to connect.

It just got too much trying to get basic functionality to work. Didn't help that I have better sounding earbuds, so I simply returned it.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #28,485 of 62,022
I see. I don't find that a distraction though.
I am exploring mine more and learn Chinese along the way. Tried to get the iOS app, but the iTunes Store would not let me change country unless I have a valid payment method there. Bummer. And then the right bud starts talking to me ... I keep getting a message precisely every 5 minutes... I googled if it might be ‘recharge’ .. although, the buds show 100% ... so, anyone any clue what (and I apologize for my phonetic transcription) “chin chon bien” could mean?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back