Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 16, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #28,456 of 62,101
They should add triple trap then you can have it all. How would you compare the LA2P to some other tws
It's comparable in price/sound/features to the Jabra 75t -- and probably also comparable to the more expensive Jabra 85t (though I think the 85t may sound a bit better). (There is a house Jabra sound and a house Soundcore sound.) The LA2P sounds better than the APP (except for the APP's killer Apple integration).

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #28,457 of 62,101
I agree. Now tell me whether you can hear a difference between LDAC on Android versus AAC on iOS. Most blind studies suggests you cannot. I can definitely hear a difference between AAC on an Android device and LDAC on that same device. But switching over to iOS, I’m not sure. I was doing some AB with my Ananda BT between my pixel using LDAC and my iPhone. If there is a difference, I couldn’t tell to be honest. Maybe I’m lucky that my ears are bad.
I can hear the difference when playing my galaxy buds live on PC and on my S20+. On pc, it is default on SBC and I can hear crackling or graininess on the top end. This most likely because I am using it indoor with very low noise, when you using it outside, it is very hard to distinguish. I don't have any iPhone so I don't know how it sounds on iOS.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #28,458 of 62,101
SBC vs better codecs is pretty obvious. After that I take anyone claiming to readily hear the difference with a grain of salt big enough to chase Indiana Jones.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #28,459 of 62,101
SBC vs better codecs is pretty obvious. After that I take anyone claiming to readily hear the difference with a grain of salt big enough to chase Indiana Jones.
I am coming around to this although AAC on Android is noticeably worse than iOS. I’d put AAC on Android right there with SBC.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #28,460 of 62,101
I am coming around to this although AAC on Android is noticeably worse than iOS. I’d put AAC on Android right there with SBC.

This is possible. I've only used AAC on a few occasions and never on anything that had higher codecs available so I couldn't compare. I'm still baffled that B&O made a $550 set that topped out at AAC.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #28,461 of 62,101
It's comparable in price/sound/features to the Jabra 75t -- and probably also comparable to the more expensive Jabra 85t (though I think the 85t may sound a bit better). (There is a house Jabra sound and a house Soundcore sound.) The LA2P sounds better than the APP (except for the APP's killer Apple integration).
So if I have 75t active wouldn't be worth the switch for better sound quality?

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #28,463 of 62,101
Any confirmation on the SBC Bitpool of the Galaxy Buds Pro?

Can't speak for them as I don't use them I read somewhere that AAC and SBC are throttled to 160kbps on some OnePlus devices, and possibly other Android devices. Not sure if this was ever addressed. Samsung is supposed to have one of the better AAC implementations but still poor compared to Apple. On the Note 9 I think AAC is more or less on par with AptX and possibly slightly better than SBC. However, on my 1More MK802 and Dyplay Over-ear Urban Traveller 2, AptX is adding some weird distortion to clipped tracks. I also read that AptX may also be cutting off some frequencies or compressing the dynamic range.

As for Samsung Scalable codec, some users have complained about "bit crush". While I haven't noticed much distortion on the Buds+ with Scalable, sometimes the string instruments sound too tall and brassy which might be a result of bit crush. The Buds+ are utter trash for SBC with their bitpool 37, maybe if you have Linux or an Android custom ROM you might be able to tweak SBC to sound better.

I can hear the difference when playing my galaxy buds live on PC and on my S20+. On pc, it is default on SBC and I can hear crackling or graininess on the top end. This most likely because I am using it indoor with very low noise, when you using it outside, it is very hard to distinguish. I don't have any iPhone so I don't know how it sounds on iOS.
The Buds Live/Buds+ just have a bad implementation of SBC with the bitpool set at 37. Windows 10 can support a Bitpool 53 which almost as good as AAC. My Earfun Free Pro (bitpool 52) sounds about the same with SBC as with AAC, though SBC is a bit more splashy in the treble and the bass is more boomy. However, SBC even at Bitpool 53 shows some weird artifacts when I play the frequency sweeps on audiocheck.net, like a high-pitched whine overlaying the played frequency, but I've yet to have anything like this affect "real-world" music.

Fiil t1 pro. Now I understand what the praise is all about. Clear sound without being harsh and the bass sounds fluid. Natural timbre. The app is useful. A very minor issue is that I wished the voice prompt for changing between ANC off/on/ambient mode can be louder as it is quite soft
How much better is the sound from the Earfun Free Pro? I find those a tad too flabby in the bass although they are great overall. Are you able to still use ambient/ANC with a single bud out of the case? (I can't do this with Earfun Free Pro)

One user here also mentioned the T1 Pro has a lowered SBC bitpool than normal though they didn't specify. The Earfun Free Pro has a bitpool of 53.

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #28,464 of 62,101
Only if you like the Soundcore house sound better than the Jabra house sound. The Jabras are more laid back.
Truth is open L2P and elite Active 75t and like neither signature sound but EQ them to the best sound for me.
The 85t have a better sound than the 75t. And are likely the buds I will be keeping. Just wish their treble was a bit crisper. I think it was but the firmware update pushed up the low end as people complained about the bass being better on 75t

Jan 16, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #28,465 of 62,101
How much better is the sound from the Earfun Free Pro? I find those a tad too flabby in the bass although they are great overall. Are you able to still use ambient/ANC with a single bud out of the case? (I can't do this with Earfun Free Pro)

One user here also mentioned the T1 Pro has a lowered SBC bitpool than normal though they didn't specify. The Earfun Free Pro has a bitpool of 53.
The t1 pro sounds more balanced than the earfun. The earfun has this persistent bass which can be distracting. What the t1 pro gets right is that the high/mid/low frequencies are well tuned without over/under emphasis, so even if I try to nitpick on the sound quality, it is hard to find one frequency which sounds excessively overdone or recessed. The bass quality sounds so fluid that it sounds almost as if it came from full sized headphones rather than a tiny driver.

I'm unable to use ANC or ambient mode with only a single bud. There's skip back track on the t1 pro which is missing on the earfun. The app for the t1 pro is also massively useful.

Not sure about the bitpool thing as I've never really looked into it.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #28,466 of 62,101
last week i got the Soundcore Life A2NC in for review. they remind me of a smaller L2P. They have decent ANC but transparency mode doesn't seem to work that well, i almost wonder if this pair is defective because while i can adjust the level of it in the soundcore app, it's maximum volume is at a lower volume than even the OG MTW's transparency mode. .
Sound by default has a pretty aggressive bass similar to my ears, to what i remember when first using the L2P. It didn't tame down at all after a couple days of burn in, so i finally made my own eq. Default sound to my ears had a boomy bass with decent treble extention though a bit synthetic sounding at times, and mids that sounded....crowded. now i've got quite a different sound. less bass over all, hardly any bass bleed, only happens here and there. Bass and mids sound much smoother, though i don't think i can completely get rid of the rough patches i do hear at times. mids are much more full and realistic sounding and same with treble.
ANC doesn't seem to bad. i'm using 2nd to smallest default tips and smallest fins, and it blocks out a good chunk of fan noise, and the car engine.
Calls sound just fine to me, and people could hear me just fine, but could also hear everything in the background.
I think these go for $40ish IIRC, they are a great value for that price imo.

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #28,467 of 62,101
I agree. Now tell me whether you can hear a difference between LDAC on Android versus AAC on iOS. Most blind studies suggests you cannot. I can definitely hear a difference between AAC on an Android device and LDAC on that same device. But switching over to iOS, I’m not sure. I was doing some AB with my Ananda BT between my pixel using LDAC and my iPhone. If there is a difference, I couldn’t tell to be honest. Maybe I’m lucky that my ears are bad.
I'd be curious to try. While i did mention a couple pages back that AAC is much improved on the V60, it's still to my ears generally speaking, implemented way better on an iPhone. i got this pair of TWE's in for review several months back, they were generic i can't remember the name unfortunately. Anyway, they supported SBC and AAC, and at times sounded wayyy boomy on the V60. I gave them to a friend who paired them with her iPhone XS, and they sounded much better. it wasn't even close.

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #28,468 of 62,101
boNIw04.jpg

Fiil t1 pro. Now I understand what the praise is all about. Clear sound without being harsh and the bass sounds fluid. Natural timbre. The app is useful. A very minor issue is that I wished the voice prompt for changing between ANC off/on/ambient mode can be louder as it is quite soft
You managed to get the app to run? Android I guess? And did they send you extra tips, or are those yours? I am actually happy with the large size that were in the box. And yes, they sound amazing, as long as you don't walk / run :D

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #28,469 of 62,101
You managed to get the app to run? Android I guess? And did they send you extra tips, or are those yours? I am actually happy with the large size that were in the box. And yes, they sound amazing, as long as you don't walk / run :D
I managed to get the chinese app to run on my Samsung note 20 ultra without issues. I bought it from a physical shop and the seller was kind enough to give me a few sets of extra tips including a pair of foam ones. I'm not noticing any issue using them while walking. What issues did you encounter?

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #28,470 of 62,101
Had a wild hair and picked up the Devialet Gemini. Zero issues so far outside of that it took me three tried to update the right earbud but it did work. I must say, the sound is just sick. Wide soundstage and a more lively than my MTW2's. Bass hits hard. Still having issues with finding the right earbud tips. Case isn't as large as I thought it would be. No volume controls. Really hope they add them with a firmware update. ANC is very very good. Up there with the Sennies as long as you have a great seal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back