Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 13, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #28,381 of 62,031
I loved Oppo! Had the PM3s and still have the HA2SE that I use with my CIEMs.
I haven't used my PM3 or HA-2SE for close to a year. the PM3 is the only piece of audio gear i own that doesn't seem to have depreciated in value lol.

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #28,382 of 62,031
That does suck, I am testing mine right now, it has been 2 days so far unplugged and fully charged, I am hoping by the end of the week I should see some change on battery status indicator LEDs.

I wonder if the last firmware update introduced something that is causing this.
Wait. You're hoping for a change in battery status after a week of non use? maybe you're saying if it's gonna happen you hope it does within a week? That would make sense. Heres hoping this hasn't affected your unit. FWIW, i have never updated the firmware of these because IIRC when @d3myz updated the pair he bought and returned, it reduced the level of ANC.

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #28,383 of 62,031
Does anyone by chance have an extra Anbes359 case or SSKBT03 etc? the left side of my case doesn't consistently charge lately so can't use these as much as i have previously. Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a charge to the left iem? AFAIK the cases aren't different but if they are, i have the OG anbes359 with track navigation and volume control.

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #28,384 of 62,031
Wait. You're hoping for a change in battery status after a week of non use? maybe you're saying if it's gonna happen you hope it does within a week? That would make sense. Heres hoping this hasn't affected your unit. FWIW, i have never updated the firmware of these because IIRC when @d3myz updated the pair he bought and returned, it reduced the level of ANC.
Your absolutely right! I do hope it doesn't display the issue! At least we would then know it might be faulty units versus a damn design flaw that happens to them all like the original MTW. Thanks for the correction.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #28,385 of 62,031
I’m really torn about the Geminis.
I returned the Bose QC earbuds as they were really hurting my ears.
I have the 85t as my daily driver. They are not perfect but for me are so comfortable with stock tips. They mostly work well. I love the textile buttons as opposed to touch controls. They sound very good but not great.
The Geminis sound really great. They are just crisper than all the others I tried. But - sit as comfortable to wear even after tip rolling, and the touch controls are really not working well. I thought mine were defective but I just got a replacement today and they were the same. Single tap works most of the time but not always. Double tap is hit and miss. Since I use that for Siri and answering calls it is very annoying.
What about sound don't you like in 85t?
I was comment on the highs being crisper on the Sony's. The I added a new element to my A/B test. My favorite wireless over wars the B&W P7W.
And noticed the Sony's were crisper than those too. In fact noticed the p7w sounded very similar to the 85t once I EQ'd the Jabras. So the XM3 have a crisper treble but it doesn't sound quite as natural. The highs once EQ'd are very clear natural without sibilance.

On a different note I was charging the 85t and did my first exercise experiment ; used the active 75t and the XM3. Well 75t were great. Having that punchy bass for workout music and a smaller more secure fit was very good.
Sony only got as far as the elliptical as while it stated in my ear and kept a seal I felt the tips move around in my ears. Was distracting.
So next test will work out with 85t. If they are better than the Sony's

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #28,386 of 62,031
Yeah they are all about the sound. Fit is pretty good too. The rest of the package is subpar although the ANC is really strong.
I think the passthrough mode is also great. No hiss or exterior amplification, very natural sounding. And also mic quality on phone and Zoom is excellent. Add the sound quality, these things hit the trifecta for me. Admittedly the app and pairing quirks are puzzlingly bad. To me these things are like a supercar hamstrung with a sub-par manual transmission.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #28,387 of 62,031
I was comment on the highs being crisper on the Sony's. The I added a new element to my A/B test. My favorite wireless over wars the B&W P7W.
And noticed the Sony's were crisper than those too. In fact noticed the p7w sounded very similar to the 85t once I EQ'd the Jabras. So the XM3 have a crisper treble but it doesn't sound quite as natural. The highs once EQ'd are very clear natural without sibilance.

On a different note I was charging the 85t and did my first exercise experiment ; used the active 75t and the XM3. Well 75t were great. Having that punchy bass for workout music and a smaller more secure fit was very good.
Sony only got as far as the elliptical as while it stated in my ear and kept a seal I felt the tips move around in my ears. Was distracting.
I’m not sure I can explain. My non tws are Andromedas. I love very clear treble. The Geminis just seem to have detail that the 85t lacks. I keep switching between them.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #28,388 of 62,031
Your absolutely right! I do hope it doesn't display the issue! At least we would then know it might be faulty units versus a damn design flaw that happens to them all like the original MTW. Thanks for the correction.
No prob. You got your status Audio TWE's yet?

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #28,389 of 62,031

You tried the Touch, right? Did you ever compare them to the Sony? I don't remember if you did

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #28,390 of 62,031
No prob. You got your status Audio TWE's yet?
I backed out of my pair when I bought the AZ70 as I couldn't afford both. Might end wishing I hadn't but will see people like them :).

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #28,391 of 62,031
I’m not sure I can explain. My non tws are Andromedas. I love very clear treble. The Geminis just seem to have detail that the 85t lacks. I keep switching between them.
If you can, do the heading test on them. And eq the treble up to 1/3 to 50% above neutral. Really helps the treble. In my case in on a Samsung phone so I also have Dolby Atmos on. Find the treble is clear but not harsh. Very smooth.

If you like treble that view then I agree the Sony and the 75t have more of that than the 85t. Technics treble is similar to 85t I've EQ'd.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #28,392 of 62,031
You tried the Touch, right? Did you ever compare them to the Sony? I don't remember if you did
Haven't tried the touch. Not available on Amazon in Canada's so would have to order direct from CA. Also I want ANC on my next set of buds. Today for example the fan and elliptical noise working out were gone even on the 75t. Seems the best sounding buds with ANC are the MTW2 but at that price point not worth it for me. The jabra are nearly half the price based on what I paid. And my 75t active warehouse deal 1 quarter the price.

Also all the reports of connectivity issues turns me off.

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #28,393 of 62,031
Haven't tried the touch. Not available on Amazon in Canada's so would have to order direct from CA. Also I want ANC on my next set of buds. Today for example the fan and elliptical noise working out were gone even on the 75t. Seems the best sounding buds with ANC are the MTW2 but at that price point not worth it for me. The jabra are nearly half the price based on what I paid. And my 75t active warehouse deal 1 quarter the price.

Also all the reports of connectivity issues turns me off.

Ah, gotcha. It must have been another poster who was going to compare Sony to the Touch :x

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #28,394 of 62,031
Got my Geminis. sound is somewhat W shape.
App is buggy. touch sensitivity is sometimes ok.
i like the fit and it is small and dont protrude that much, less than az70w.
Will post more impressions with Ue Fits and AZ70W

20210114_225109.jpg

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #28,395 of 62,031
Got my MT today.
Connectivity works perfectly well. App is not the best but don't really need it once you get the hang of the touch controls. Very comfortable, super sound. The sounddddd wow! Audiophile indeed.
Sits very well in my ear and the transparency mode also work nicely if your GF calling you from the kitchen :)
Firmware update went well. Followed instructions and charged the pair before first pairing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back