Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 13, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #28,366 of 62,021
This is from the avforums thread on the melomanias. Mine have the same issue, sadly. Dealbreaker for me. While in the return/refund process I decided to ask CA about the issue before sending them back. Maybe this can be fixed with an update of some sort, but I'm not optimistic. Does anybody else have this problem too?

White noise can perhaps improved by firmware unless it is from the device side. Bad mics on the other hand is what you are stuck with.

When I watched the Gamesky video, not sure about other people, the mic section did not impress me. Sounded worse than it should for $150. Same with my JVC Aero's. Would expect better for that price range.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #28,368 of 62,021
Since I was interested I was investigating the BOSE Sport Open Buds and it seems the bad design extends to more than just not integrating charging into the case. They try to cover it up but the ear hook part is only flexible behind the ear. So, it is rigid and can pinch the ear where it goes over. Rigid means you can't adjust for comfort or to aim the speakers some. The comfort and being able to aim the angle of the speakers is critical for this design. The crook of the design being rigid till this line...
1610309320417.png
...was absolutely not the way to go. How they let them end up with it done this way for both the fit/comfort and reliability of attaining the proper sound and case/charging is quite miserable for 2021 and from a brand that is not exactly new and working out kinks. Even with the risk free returns I don't think I will try these.
Color me intrigued ... I wish I lived somewhere where I could take advantage of that 90 risk free trial ...

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #28,369 of 62,021
I can confirm my AZ70W has battery draining issue
back when this was new it didn't have this issue
That sucks, sounds a lot like how mine have been. This only started last month so they were good for 4-5 months before it started.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #28,370 of 62,021
After 5 months (!) I finally managed to get a new set of TWS from AliExpress. Found ONE seller willing to try Singapore Post at a more reasonable price (compared to the now standard EMS / DHL for 50, 100, 100+$ shipping), and it only took like 5 weeks (of which for the first 2 weeks the tracking was stuck at 'packed and ready for pick up' ... )

Anyhooo ... I am currently happy as a clam listening to the Fiil T1 Pro, my first ever Fiil ... and they fit marvelously, sound just delightful (still have to try all kinds of genres) and I am not too broken up about not being able to use the app (as per scarbir's latest investigations, which he posted just after I had ordered) .. honestly, play / pause and anc on / off is enough for me .. now, if the app had come with some killer EQ ... but does not look like it ...

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #28,371 of 62,021
Uh oh - I may have assumed incorrectly that the JBL TOUR PRO+ would have multipoint - it looks like JBL lists "Dual Connect" as something else on Amazon:

"DUAL CONNECT: The power of Dual Connect gives you the choice to seamlessly enjoy music or make calls with either one or both buds. And the battery life keeps up with you, as you can keep one earbud charging, while using the other one
" 🙄

:fingers_crossed: it actually comes with multipoint but no longer waiting with bated breath.

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #28,372 of 62,021
I will say since I figured out the whole thing with the fitting in the case for the right earbud, my connection issues have greatly lessened so far. As long as I make sure that the right earbud is charging correctly when I put it back into the case, I can be mostly confident that when I take out the buds out of the case (without pausing after opening the case), it will automatically re-pair to my phone.

I have had success with that too last couple days. I will keep the Touch. My Sennheiser cx400bt already went back, and Sony xm3 are on the way back. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to compare them. I spent so much time on the battery issue that I just was unable to do a thorough comparison. Ah well. I will still try to do a broad comparison because I listened a lot to the Sony's.

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #28,373 of 62,021
I can confirm my AZ70W has battery draining issue
back when this was new it didn't have this issue
That does suck, I am testing mine right now, it has been 2 days so far unplugged and fully charged, I am hoping by the end of the week I should see some change on battery status indicator LEDs.

I wonder if the last firmware update introduced something that is causing this.

Jan 13, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #28,374 of 62,021
Color me intrigued ... I wish I lived somewhere where I could take advantage of that 90 risk free trial ...

I was saying no but still thinking on it a little bit. Keeping an eye on the Cleer ARC which was at CES 2020 and coming soon all year and now dissapeared from their website. Pretty sure that is done if it is gone and not mentioned at CES this year. No other options unless one thinks the Jlab thing would sound great for $50 but highly doubtful it will.

Probably either try Bose or stick with the Cleer Goal which is quite good. Just takes a while with some run in and getting the fit. I need foams to warm them up and maybe a tweak on the EQ depending on source. They are up and down for those interested. Goal might be pretty good then buyer's remorse happen's than you work with them some more and then they become a keeper. $60 now so I certainly recommend them for open style if you can be a little(like a month) patient with them.

Jan 13, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #28,375 of 62,021
Deal: Refurb Sony for $59.99 after code... https://www.ebay.com/i/274430628136?ul_noapp=true
1610577391357.png

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #28,377 of 62,021
I’m really torn about the Geminis.
I returned the Bose QC earbuds as they were really hurting my ears.
I have the 85t as my daily driver. They are not perfect but for me are so comfortable with stock tips. They mostly work well. I love the textile buttons as opposed to touch controls. They sound very good but not great.
The Geminis sound really great. They are just crisper than all the others I tried. But - sit as comfortable to wear even after tip rolling, and the touch controls are really not working well. I thought mine were defective but I just got a replacement today and they were the same. Single tap works most of the time but not always. Double tap is hit and miss. Since I use that for Siri and answering calls it is very annoying.

Jan 13, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #28,380 of 62,021
I’m really torn about the Geminis.
I returned the Bose QC earbuds as they were really hurting my ears.
I have the 85t as my daily driver. They are not perfect but for me are so comfortable with stock tips. They mostly work well. I love the textile buttons as opposed to touch controls. They sound very good but not great.
The Geminis sound really great. They are just crisper than all the others I tried. But - sit as comfortable to wear even after tip rolling, and the touch controls are really not working well. I thought mine were defective but I just got a replacement today and they were the same. Single tap works most of the time but not always. Double tap is hit and miss. Since I use that for Siri and answering calls it is very annoying.
Yeah they are all about the sound. Fit is pretty good too. The rest of the package is subpar although the ANC is really strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back