Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 12, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #27,676 of 62,012
So I found some bone conduction sunglasses on indiegogo that are really intriguing. Does that count as true wireless? A guy I work with has bone conduction headphones and says they're pretty awesome, but I don't think he's really an audiophile

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/snd-ray-the-best-hifi-bone-conduction-sunglasses/x/25383823#/

Wow, that's really something! It's not exactly IEMs, but I would be very curious to see how they sound! Maybe read early reviews

Dec 12, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #27,677 of 62,012
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #27,678 of 62,012
Has anyone else had trouble with the left earbud of the 1More ANC not connecting? It has a red or blue light that doesn't change.

Also find it annoying I can't tweak ANC settings when using a single bud. I'd at least want to use ambient hear-through in these situations without having to go into their cumbersome app. Not only does the app take long to connect to the earbuds (and sometimes fails when music is playing), but my phone also keeps telling me it's draining battery. Finally, it seems you cannot disable auto-pause, only enable auto-pause and resume. I've had some situations where auto-pause is triggered accidentally.

Well I have REALLY gone off these, they add next to nothing over the 1More Stylish, or the Colorbuds (although the Colorbuds don't quite have the same warmth, when you do a back to back comparison).

Anyway ...wot you said +
The Left bud battery goes flat when left in the case doing nothing. The case goes flat when left doing nothing. The App is horrendously slow to connect, if it connects at all (on iOS). ANC on ... the sound changes to a tin can with no depth to it at all. Same with ANC Low. And passthrough ...sorry but I just don't see what the hubbub is all about tbh.

But hey, my firmware says 3.62 (THX) so they must be great :) ...not! (and I bought them even before they were released, thanks AliEx)

I love the sound with ANC off, but anything else is useless. But the Stylish is just as good, or I tend to use the colorbuds if I'm out and about.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #27,679 of 62,012
For what it's worth I still think the 1More Stylish is the best sounding buds I've had ...and that's over the likes of Tevi and FiiL that folks go on about. The ANC is just as good, but the ANC doesn't work so isn't worth it.
Maybe this game is about if you get a good sample or not, who knows.

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #27,680 of 62,012
I was looking forward to getting the Gemini but they are over my financial capacity atm due to some major health issue at home.

Still, I'd be very curious to hear more of ypur thoughts about it, it's SQ, ANC and ambient mode if you ever feel like it. With some luck, I will be able to order one pair this year. Meanwhile, I'll salivate when reading about it 🤣
I’m also very curious about it (mostly, the sound quality)!

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #27,681 of 62,012
So I have been through all of these:

Sony XM3
Jaybird Vista
Sennheiser MW2
M&D 07 PLUS
Jabra 85T.

I am finding they all hurt the outside of my ear. I used INNAIR foam ear tips as well as trying to the stock ones.

Anyone had a similar issues with TW earbuds?

**EDIT**Which headphones don't tend to press against your cartilidge?Perhaps my ears are just small.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #27,682 of 62,012

Sony XM3
Jaybird Vista
Sennheiser MW2
M&D 07 PLUS
Jabra 85T.

I am finding they all hurt the outside of my ear. I used INNAIR foam ear tips as well as trying to the stock ones.

Yeah, had it with my Jabra when I first got them. Was painful I couldn’t press their buttons against my years but it eventually got better and the issue went away after 2 weeks. There was definitely a break-in period for my ears.

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #27,683 of 62,012

Sony XM3
Jaybird Vista
Sennheiser MW2
M&D 07 PLUS
Jabra 85T.

Is it the body/housing that hurts in the concha/helix /anti-helix?

Or the tips in your actual ear canal?

Dec 13, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #27,685 of 62,012
Well I have REALLY gone off these, they add next to nothing over the 1More Stylish, or the Colorbuds (although the Colorbuds don't quite have the same warmth, when you do a back to back comparison).

Anyway ...wot you said +
The Left bud battery goes flat when left in the case doing nothing. The case goes flat when left doing nothing. The App is horrendously slow to connect, if it connects at all (on iOS). ANC on ... the sound changes to a tin can with no depth to it at all. Same with ANC Low. And passthrough ...sorry but I just don't see what the hubbub is all about tbh.

But hey, my firmware says 3.62 (THX) so they must be great :) ...not! (and I bought them even before they were released, thanks AliEx)

I love the sound with ANC off, but anything else is useless. But the Stylish is just as good, or I tend to use the colorbuds if I'm out and about.
hmm, I'm not noticing much difference with ANC turned on. Maybe it's just my perception but I'm only hearing a slight bass boost, far less drastic than some other ANC devices I've used.

My left bud seems to still charge, the issue is that sometimes when taking them out of the case, they don't seem to realize it and have either a blue or red light on. Sometimes pressing the button fixes this.

Are yours defaulting to ANC off each time you power them on?

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #27,687 of 62,012
**EDIT**Which headphones don't tend to press against your cartilidge?Perhaps my ears are just small.
For maximum comfort I use "Freebuds 3" from Huawei. While not really available in the States, they have a great reputation for their sound outside US. Because the design is based on the OG Airpods, those are open type with slightly rolled off bass, but mids and highs are of very high quality. On good recordings they sound better than my XM3 (IMHO), but can lack some bass on some of the tracks. And while they do have DD, they kind of sound like BA earphones. You can find them for around $100 US nowdays because they are about 1 year old now, and Huawei just released the "Pro"version, which I didn't like at all (I gave the "Pro" version to my son as an early Christmas present).
Freebuds 3 do sound much better than Samsung Buds Live, and are much more comfortable to me. I liked them so much I actually bought a second pair in "red" a few months ago and they are my main BT earphones while inside a house.
5_109_1.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #27,688 of 62,012
For maximum comfort I use "Freebuds 3" from Huawei. While not really available in the States, they have a great reputation for their sound outside US. Because the design is based on the OG Airpods, those are open type with slightly rolled off bass, but mids and highs are of very high quality. On good recordings they sound better than my XM3 (IMHO), but can lack some bass on some of the tracks. And while they do have DD, they kind of sound like BA earphones. You can find them for around $100 US nowdays because they are about 1 year old now, and Huawei just released the "Pro"version, which I didn't like at all (I gave the "Pro" version to my son as an early Christmas present).
Freebuds 3 do sound much better than Samsung Buds Live, and are much more comfortable to me. I liked them so much I actually bought a second pair in "red" a few months ago and they are my main BT earphones while inside a house.
5_109_1.jpg

Thanks I will look into them!

I found this one a site but its not the canal which hurts, just the outside cartilidge on my actual ear.
"For people with small ears, it can often be quite difficult to find a pair of earbuds that fit comfortably, if at all. Many in-ears have fairly large earbuds that push pressure and push on different parts of the ear, causing fatigue and pain over time"

For my budget isn't an issue, just want a dam decent sounding pair of TW earbuds which aren't bright (my ears pain if 4k frequency is high) and have good battery life!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back