Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 24, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #27,362 of 61,383
Hi everyone, I would like to hear about your opinions about this;

https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/1...pports-truewireless-mirroring-and-hybrid-anc/
Interesting....They look remarkably like the Cleer Ally Plus/Monoprice M-TWEs... It is quite normal for Silicon providers to make reference designs. Interestingly it has AptX Adaptive and TrueWireless Mirroting support which hasn't yet appeared on any of the designs I've seen. Also interesting is that some features are still upcoming like 3 mic input for calls and adaptive ANC.

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #27,365 of 61,383
A little heads up everyone... I have my Hiby WH3 and Fiil CC TWS up for sale in the sale/trade forum :)

I didn't actually find the WH3 there :sweat_smile: I searched the forums and found only one minor reference to them by someone who has heard them -- I'm considering them based somewhat just on the possibility that they get super loud, which is something my brother "needs" ...

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #27,366 of 61,383
Well Black Friday made me do something I really couldn't afford to do but did anyway.

Vision Electronics had the Technics AZ70 on sale for $199 and I decided to jump on them. I had to then cancel my Status Between Pro order as I just could not afford both. Instant gratification wins... lol

But having spent some time with these I am pretty damned impressed. The ANC is as good as I have heard in an IEM and maybe as good as my 1000XM3 over ears.

Sonically speaking they sound sublime. Very balanced and detailed with the ability to go deep in the bass without sounding overblown, mids are nice and detailed and treble also sounded sparkly without being harsh, very nice sound stage too.

I own the original MTW and I like these more sonically speaking. Will do some AB comparisons to some of my other TW. At $200 CAD these sound very good.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #27,367 of 61,383
Hi,
Looking to purchase this black Friday some good TWS for sports and calls.
I put my eyes on the JBL 300TWS and the Jabra Elite 75t / 65t active
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

I don't have suggestions, but I just want to say that I really love my Elite Active 75t. Good fit, deep bass, nice companion app including an equalizer - I like them so much that I immediately bought a second pair when I lost the original ones (found them later, turned out my little boy loved to play with the case!). Can only recommend them.

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #27,368 of 61,383
If you find yourself needing to switch between sources the 75t (or 65t I suppose) can't be beat !

Abou the Anker Soundcore Life Dot 2 NC I only found this https://www.reddit.com/r/anker/comments/jvmkwz/new_release_life_dot_2_nc_soundcores_first_true and the Life Dot 2 reviews were not great. How about some L2P NCs so we can have the first (I think ?) DD+BA ANC TWEs !

In other news I have sent back the Bose QC Earbuds, more CONs (size, case, can't turn off ANC, poor PNC, price) than PROs (good ANC, good soundstage) I'm afraid...

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #27,369 of 61,383
Hi, hoping someone can help please!

I haven't been following true wireless earphones, what has changed in the last 12 months?

Looking for the best TW in-ears - want to keep them for a while. Currently have Earin M2 which are coming on 2 years old. Onto a 2nd pair because of battery durability issues but I think it is time to let them go....

Will be pairing with a Samsung smartphone, would prefer smaller ones but I can go bigger if the quality makes it worth it.

I'm not a fan of the noise-cancelling vacuum effect so I would want to turn any active noise cancelling feature off. The in ear buds block out sound regardless.

Battery life is crazy high now for the newer models (my m2 only lasts for 2 hours max).

Is the MW07 plus still the best pair to go for? Or is it the Momentum wireless 2? Or is there something else?

I purchased the first momentum TW, and the anker soundcore liberty 2 pro but they were just too bright and had that hissing issue so I returned.

Hoping to get a good price this black Friday!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #27,371 of 61,383
Another pair of inexpensive tws earbuds. Coopidea beans air. $54.90 Singapore dollars.

Full controls are available, including playback/pause, skip forward/backward tracks, volume up/down and even manual power on/off. Either side of the earbuds can be used while the other one is in the case. The left and right channels are downmixed into mono when only either one of the buds is in use. The case is USB-C and is very small and can be charged with quickcharge power adapters (so a real USB-C standard). The earbuds are small and comfortable too, it's shape is reminiscent of the once popular UFO tws earbuds.

Sounds consumer friendly, hard hitting bass, a tad grainy highs and mids are ok, overall relaxed sound.

edit: so I took a closer look at the box containing the tips and found that there are actually 3 sizes of bass tips and 3 sizes of balanced tips. The bass tips have a smaller opening and a more conical shape, while the balanced tips has a wider bore and a more tubular shape. Putting the balanced tips on, the sound becomes more balanced, the big bass is replaced with tight bass and the mids and mid highs open up and take centre stage.

Impressive features and outstanding value.

9s1UuDj.jpg

EOiN0Ne.jpg

Case size comparison with Samsung buds live case.
L0NVv3T.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #27,373 of 61,383
On the train using the Technics AZ70 and so far these are impressing me for ANC. Pretty much just me and the music and music is awesome. Listening to Fleetwood Mac The Chain and when the bass line kicks in hard these capture that perfectly and vocals, cymbals sound detailed and engaging.

Last night listening to Greg Keeler album Gone these had bass when it was called for reaching deep into the sub bass and vocals conveyed emotion well, piano had excellent decay and sustain, guitars similarly sounded plucky and detailed.

These might only have one speaker but is a damned good one and has been tuned to perfection.

The ambient feature also works very well as does just using these without ANC.

Any flaws? Well I never really like touch panels and these have not changed my feeling on that. So far the touch scheme is a bit tricky especially for volume control and switching tracks but basic things like switching modes from ANC to Ambient and off or using the assistant work well and I think answering the phone will be good.

The one quick call I had last night to my wife she said I sounded good and the cars in the background were reduced to whispers according to her. But will see what they are like in the downtown core after work tonight.

So if you want a good audiophile TW with most features these will definitely fit the bill. At full retail they have some hefty competition but I think hold their own. On sale for $199 CAD these are a steal.

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #27,374 of 61,383
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well.
I usually renew my TWS IEM’s every year and it’s time for doing that now. For 3-4 days, I’ve been searching for a new one, and found several options which are Tronsmart Spunky Beat, Tronsmart Spunky Pro, Haylou GT1 Plus, KZ S1 and Wavefun Xpods 3. I have a price range of 20-25$. For now, Tronsmart Spunky Beat is my first choice here since I think it’s more likely to satisfy my expectations. I’ve heard that it’s well balanced but still I’m not sure because I want plenty of punch and kicking drums (but not like a bass bomb thing) and I wonder if there’s any IEMs which I don’t know in this price range and better than Spunky Beat.
By the way, I’ve owned QCY T2C and Blitzwolf FYE-7 before and didn’t like both.
I’m waiting for your recommendations and thanks in advance for the help.
Note: I like Apple EarPods’ general shape of sound, maybe it helps to compare with.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #27,375 of 61,383
It seems that little by little more TWS earbuds supporting aptX Adaptive are appearing. The last ones are Xiaomi Mi Air Pro 2 and Soundpeats H1. This is interesting, because aptX Adaptive is backwards compatible with aptX HD (and also standard aptX), so earbuds with this codec can receive aptX HD or Adaptive data from another device.

Since there are very few wireless IEMs supporting both aptX Low Latency and HD/Adaptive (I have only found the H1 and the Creative Aurvana Trio Wireless neckband), could you recommend any other TWS earbuds (not neckband) supporting both aptX Low Latency and Adaptive?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back