Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 7, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #27,136 of 62,032
.......aaannnddd got a new comer too :smile:

IMG_20201107_140735.jpg

IMG_20201107_144717.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #27,137 of 62,032
Obviously, I for giving anything a try! If you have no issues with returning it, then it's worth a shot. They have a clear presentation with some tasteful low-end. ANC is not that great, but at least does something if you need it in a pinch.
Do the MW07 have an app? I couldn't find any information about that. While a lot of apps aren't that good, I still have the hope that manufacturers get better in the software department. :)
At least for firmware updates/fixes it would be nice.

Nov 7, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #27,138 of 62,032
anyone getting the Fiil CC2? this newer revision seems to up the battery life to acceptable 5 hours per charge, and also adds volume controls

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #27,139 of 62,032
Do the MW07 have an app? I couldn't find any information about that. While a lot of apps aren't that good, I still have the hope that manufacturers get better in the software department. :)
At least for firmware updates/fixes it would be nice.
No app for the MW07. As far as app support goes, the JBL app is pretty good. They really stepped up their game with the Club series. I have the on-ear Club 700 and over-ear Club One, both of which (sound wise) are at the front of their respective classes. JBL has always disappointed me until this series.

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #27,140 of 62,032
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #27,141 of 62,032
The Grado are calling my name... Best in class audio?

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/grado-gt220
I don't know, friend, I'm a little iffy on the whole package. I like how they play up "8mm polyethylene terephthalate drivers". You mean, PET, like my water bottles? LOL.

The review almost sounds like a puff piece, as if the PROS and CONS are geared to justify its shortcomings. I don't know, I just may be a little cynical, but the price seems a little offensive for what they're offering.

Buy them if...
You want the complete picture
The GT220 will peer deep into a song’s mix and extract every last scrap of information.
You listen to many different genres of music
The Grados like all the different types of music you like – which is nice.
You value discretion
There’s nothing showy about the way these earbuds look, with an understated design.
Don't buy them if...
You like fiddling with EQ settings
There’s no control app here, and consequently no adjustment of sound available. Nor is it necessary, to be quite honest.
The idea of active noise-cancelling appeals
The way the GT220 fit offers a degree of passive isolation, but Bose’s QuietComfort Earbuds are what you want where active noise-cancelling is concerned.
You want everyone to know you’re wearing expensive earbuds
The Grados may sound the money’s-worth all day long, but they don’t really look it.

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #27,142 of 62,032
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #27,143 of 62,032
Nov 7, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #27,144 of 62,032
Been curious about an Earin M3 and their site is still in 'maintenence mode.'
"Something is going on!" 'Be the first to know!.'
Gimicky crap like that definitely gets me less interested.

Nov 7, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #27,147 of 62,032
Are the stems on the 85t's as large as the Mavin Air-X TWS? Those have about the biggest stems I've ever seen and I was able to find an assortment of tips that fit them.
They are about as wide, but they are short and oval, so it's not easy to find a third party tip that fits and stays on. I'm using the medium smartcore Complys at the moment and you can get them on and they stay on reliably.

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #27,149 of 62,032
Impressions with the Lypertek Levi. Will base the comparison between the Tevi and Levi - focusing more on the Levi. A warning, even if I'm years into this hobby, I'm no reviewer. I still don't know the correct audio lingos - so please, bear with me.

Comparison was done using a OnePlus 8 Pro using Spotify, mixed Genre, volume was set to around 70%. Tips on both TWS were changed to CP360s. Levi will only show as 1 device under your bluetooth settings, no L - R, unlike the Tevi. Also used my new Tevi for this comparison.

Case
- Levi case is smaller and has Qi wireless charging.
- It takes approximately 2-3 seconds for the Levi to power off after you have put it in the case and closed the lid - you can still hear music playing after closing the lid!
IMG_20201107_215503.jpg

Unit itself
- I like the button implementation on the Levi, easier to press versus the Tevi's.

Comfort
- Both are comfortable to wear.

Sound
General: Levi gives an engaging energy - more than the Tevi. The Levi is short of screaming 'in your face' - even in the same 70% volume setting, you're being forced to move it a few notches down.

Bass: Tevi - more refined. Levi - bloated, has more impact. If you feel that the Tevi lacks bass - the Levi addresses this. (I for one don't think that the Tevi lacks punch.)
Mids: Tevi - cleaner, clearer, sweeter. Levi - this is where the 'in your face' comes in - mids are more elevated, just a few notched down in terms of clarity as compared to Tevi.
Highs: Levi lacks the crispness that the Tevi has (in certain tracks) - this is more apparent in acoustic tracks. Again, the Tevi gives more defined highs, with the Levi a few notches down.

Overall - The Tevi is more cleaner sounding and is not as aggressive as the Levi. But while I was conducting this comparison, no matter which of the 2 I use - I still find myself tapping my feet, swaying my head and singing with the songs I'm listen to. In short, both are a joy to listen to!

The Levi is a rougher Tevi.

IMG_20201107_221943.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back