Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 6, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #26,296 of 62,114
Lypertek tevi would be a good choice.
For pure listening joy the L2Ps still take the cake in my mind, even if the T1XSes are proving to be a pretty convenient pair to use day-to-day (small, monitor-mode, relatively good SQ, less finicky truly seamless side switching - with wear-detect off that is).

Between the Tevi and L2Ps, looking at reviews I think the Tevis (post update) might be more suited since I i do want to get away from the excessive bass and warmth of the Tranya T3’s and the L2PS sound like they might take bass too far as well.

Oct 6, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #26,297 of 62,114
Between the Tevi and L2Ps, looking at reviews I think the Tevis (post update) might be more suited since I i do want to get away from the excessive bass and warmth of the Tranya T3’s and the L2PS sound like they might take bass too far as well.
I can confirm, the L2P I just received a few hours ago are really bass heavy on stock profile. Have not played that much with EQ yet but moving away from the Soundcore EQ profile helped very much and it is now an OK sounding TWS IMHO even if still slightly too bass heavy to be the perfect sound signature for my ear. I also found some hissing I'm trying to figure out if I can get rid of somehow...

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #26,298 of 62,114
I must have completely generic shaped ears as the XM3s have never budged while in use -- lucky me! My KZ S2's are the only poorly fitting TWEs I own.

ANC "off" is likely one of the more simple firmware upgrades, thankfully. I'd be surprised if that fix doesn't come soon.
If you have the option of purchasing from somewhere you can return the Bose QC Earbuds if you're not satisfied, I'd recommend giving them a shot and see how they work for your use situations.

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #26,299 of 62,114
If you have the option of purchasing from somewhere you can return the Bose QC Earbuds if you're not satisfied, I'd recommend giving them a shot and see how they work for your use situations.
I have to admit. I'm really torn about mine. The ear fatigue is a bitch. And compared to the new Klipsch, the Bose are huge. I think I like the sound on the Klipsch better. But that's subjective. It's been a Van Halen day as expected. My Bose might be getting flipped on eBay or returned soon. Still testing them out.

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #26,300 of 62,114
I have to admit. I'm really torn about mine. The ear fatigue is a bitch. And compared to the new Klipsch, the Bose are huge. I think I like the sound on the Klipsch better. But that's subjective. It's been a Van Halen day as expected. My Bose might be getting flipped on eBay or returned soon. Still testing them out.
I've always had good luck with comfort/fit on Bose products. Personally, I have more sensitivity to tips you have to jam in your ear. But if there's fatigue, there's fatigue! You have to do what you have to do.

You're making me curious about the Klipsch!

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #26,301 of 62,114
Very curious to hear about your first run / thud test

I have a distant chance now that someone coming from the UK can bring the buds mid November, but they will have to stay with him in his 4 week quarantine ...

Still enough time to figure out if I 'need' them :D
Hey so I did weights on Sunday and ran yesterday and today and I didn’t have a single “pop out” event with the large tips. i Love my N6P’s but they sometimes pop out

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #26,302 of 62,114
I can confirm, the L2P I just received a few hours ago are really bass heavy on stock profile. Have not played that much with EQ yet but moving away from the Soundcore EQ profile helped very much and it is now an OK sounding TWS IMHO even if still slightly too bass heavy to be the perfect sound signature for my ear. I also found some hissing I'm trying to figure out if I can get rid of somehow...
I have 55 year old ears so thankfully can not hear a hiss in my L2P. I have no doubt it probably exists I just can't hear that good anymore. The ATH"s I returned 2 days ago on the other hand had a definite issue with sohnd in the left ear, it sounded like a blown speaker... so my ears are not what they used to be but not that bad LOL.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #26,303 of 62,114
The 800N was on sale as well but was still $229CAD so I went with the XB700 which was more in my budget.

If had the money I would love to have bought the Technics EAHAZ70WK.

I use Neutron on my phone which has a good EQ which helps offset the lack of app support.
Do you just play your own collection using Neutron or have you found a way of way of streaming Tidal / Qobuz? I have an android app on my HiBy R6 pro that does that called USB Audio Player I think but I haven’t found a way to play Tidal and Qobuz on iPhone other than using their apps

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #26,304 of 62,114
Hey so I did weights on Sunday and ran yesterday and today and I didn’t have a single “pop out” event with the large tips. i Love my N6P’s but they sometimes pop out
The Force was with you.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #26,305 of 62,114
I have a 128GB SD card packed with my music and rarely stream from any service. Now that I have a larger data package on my phone I might start testing one of the services like Tidal or something like that.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #26,306 of 62,114
ok I was in here a few days ago asking about tws adapters but I've changed my mind since. now I'm just looking for a simple really nice sounding tws iem. I had the Sony wh1000xm3's and dear God did I hate them. the highs were piercing, and the noise cancelling would always be ON by default and I would have to wait to turn the NC off (I rarely need it on, if ever), the app was meh, and the fit was painful after a few hours. can anyone rec a nice pair? fwiw, my favorite iems are (ironically) the Sony XBA-Z5s and my second favorite the moondrop kxxs.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #26,307 of 62,114
I have 55 year old ears so thankfully can not hear a hiss in my L2P. I have no doubt it probably exists I just can't hear that good anymore. The ATH"s I returned 2 days ago on the other hand had a definite issue with sound (corrected that typo for you :wink: in the left ear, it sounded like a blown speaker... so my ears are not what they used to be but not that bad LOL.
Have you tested the song I suggested?
I have poor ears myself, including some loss of hearing as well as constant tinnitus. Yet, I cannot miss the hiss. When I handed the L2P to my son, he sais he heard it even when the song was paused, but I couldn't.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #26,308 of 62,114
ok I was in here a few days ago asking about tws adapters but I've changed my mind since. now I'm just looking for a simple really nice sounding tws iem. I had the Sony wh1000xm3's and dear God did I hate them. the highs were piercing, and the noise cancelling would always be ON by default and I would have to wait to turn the NC off (I rarely need it on, if ever), the app was meh, and the fit was painful after a few hours. can anyone rec a nice pair? fwiw, my favorite iems are (ironically) the Sony XBA-Z5s and my second favorite the moondrop kxxs.
If you like the balanced sound of the kxxs (harman tuned?) check out the Nuarl or the AKGN400. Both are turned neutral and have excellent sound quality. I liked my kxxs but they didn't mesh well with the BT20 and I couldn't get them to stay in the ear. More proof traditional IEMs don't work for me.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #26,309 of 62,114

Here's the EQ I used with the L2P. I found the bass way too heavy as well. My preferred signature is somewhere between DF and Harman with some warmth without being overly thick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200503-051731.png
    Screenshot_20200503-051731.png
    111 KB · Views: 0
Oct 6, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #26,310 of 62,114
Do you just play your own collection using Neutron or have you found a way of way of streaming Tidal / Qobuz? I have an android app on my HiBy R6 pro that does that called USB Audio Player I think but I haven’t found a way to play Tidal and Qobuz on iPhone other than using their apps
I don't think there is anything comparable to USB Audio Player over iOS. That said, I think you can use a USB DAC like a dragonfly to stream hi res over an iPhone just like you would over Android but if you want EQ you may want to try a BT streamer like the Fiio BTR5 or the ES100. Of course, iOS is limited to AAC which neuters those awesome devices. This is part of the reason I've ditched iPhone for good until they up their game and incorporate LDAC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back