Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 4, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #26,192 of 62,111
At this point I feel like we should intervene and share some addiction resources.. :D
Interestingly, while working (home office at this point), I need to maintain some awareness (deliveries, wife, kids, etc.), so I'll go with the Sport. At the gym or traveling (when that opens up legitimately again), the QC is my choice. Not a big fan of always on ambient mode, as it adds noise to the audio driver directly. Certainly, ambient when I need it on is great to have, but I prefer natural openness if I need constant active awareness.

Oct 4, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #26,193 of 62,111
Almost. Does the shrouded 'S' version fit over the oval?

Basically does the top fit over the bottom in this pic?
It will fit the transparent part, but not the white part.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #26,194 of 62,111
Interestingly, while working (home office at this point), I need to maintain some awareness (deliveries, wife, kids, etc.), so I'll go with the Sport. At the gym or traveling (when that opens up legitimately again), the QC is my choice. Not a big fan of always on ambient mode, as it adds noise to the audio driver directly. Certainly, ambient when I need it on is great to have, but I prefer natural openness if I need constant active awareness.
Yeah I've been looking forward to some earphones lighter on the stethoscope effect as well.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #26,195 of 62,111
What's this thing about TWS microphones and direct sunlight? Similar to the Jabees Firefly Pro, the TaoTronics 94 cuts the mic feed when exposed to direct sunlight, and I can feel a thump in my ears when it does this (not sure if it's physical or not). Galaxy Buds+ doesn't do this but users have reported it shutting down in direct sunlight.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #26,196 of 62,111
I saw you bought the bt20s pro earhooks. I also just got mine, I bought the .75mm-S 2pin and it fit my ZAX connector.
20201003_215151.jpg
As you can see, it is more secure with the S model than the regular. I have ordered another pair for the matte black pair.

What’s the sound like with the BT20s Pro? I have a couple of the BT20s and thinking about getting the Pro, if there is any sound improvement. Are there any benefits sound wise? Thanks.

Oct 4, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #26,197 of 62,111
Well, I went ahead and did it. The Bose Sport are semi-open, similar to the originals, which is what I was expecting. They are lighter and are VERY comfortable. Sound is very similar, however, there is a greater sense of space due to the semi-open nature. They were obviously designed to maintain some awareness, which is a scenario I can use them for. My wife tends to feel the need to talk to me when I'm listening to music, so these will work for those cases. :)

IMG_2809.jpg
How do they match up sound wise?

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #26,198 of 62,111
How do they match up sound wise?
Very close. The QC sound a bit fuller with a little more impactful bass. The Sport sound slightly more spacious with the sound a little more outside the headspace. They both sound great. Keepers and at the top of my TWS list.

Oct 4, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #26,199 of 62,111
So the Sport would be semi open like the QC20 and the QC closed ? Or is it just hard to tell because for the QC because of always on ANC/Ambient ?

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #26,202 of 62,111
What’s the sound like with the BT20s Pro? I have a couple of the BT20s and thinking about getting the Pro, if there is any sound improvement. Are there any benefits sound wise? Thanks.
Sound wise, the pro has higher output with less floor noise (less hiss). The pro is a "true" tws than the bt20s. You don't have to press the button on each to turn it on/off, the case makes charging easy, they improve the connection between the modules (with the bt20s, sometimes they won't sync with each other especially if you have been using only one side and decided to use the other one later), in the bt20s there are two bluetooth name (trn bt20s L and R) wherr with the pro there is only one name (trn bt20s pro), the earhook is changeable so you don't have to risk you IEM connector if you like to change IEM.

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #26,203 of 62,111
Foam tips are great for that purpose. My Lypertek Tevis are almost perfect with the Comply Foam.
Somebody like sedna should make a foam decoupled silicone tip where the outside is very thin silicone and the inside foam but where the bore is not connected to the outer silicone, it would remain cleaner and work like foam still

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #26,204 of 62,111
Somebody like sedna should make a foam decoupled silicone tip where the outside is very thin silicone and the inside foam but where the bore is not connected to the outer silicone, it would remain cleaner and work like foam still
Not exactly the same, but sounds something like the Symbio eartips...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back