Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 2, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #26,161 of 62,113
Yep, mine just arrived by UPS today. I do wish they had volume control but I'll be really interested to hear what other people think of them. Really good separation and super clear. Female vocals sound especially amazing
Yep, one of the first things I noticed was vocals are amazing, while all instruments have their place.

Also, the Soapstone color is almost exactly the color as the Sony XM4. I ended up going for the Soapstone. Looks a little more "elegant" than the Black IMHO. I also asked around the store (Best Buy) on different people's opinions (male and female). Everyone thought they looked "clean". Obviously, I was bored.

IMG_2804.jpg

Oct 2, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #26,162 of 62,113
Just got my FIIL T1 XS in today and have been playing with them over the past hour or so. They're what I was hoping for - similar sound to the T1 X before them, but with a slimmer case. These seem to have noticeably more bass than I remember the T1 X having, but definition is still great for the mids and highs. Percussion is clear and sharp, but appropriately so without the sibilance I'm apparently very sensitive to.

I'm actually a big fan of the glossy plastic on these, at least the white model that I got. They feel pretty solid, and it's a nice finish on the gloss white; it feels like a premium product. I'd say they're comparable to Apple's offerings as far as the look and feel of the plastic goes. The case is still larger than I'd like (the AirPod case form factor is really my ideal), but it's livable this time around. Still a noticeable pocket bulge in skinny jeans, but it's not actually uncomfortable like the previous case was.

Speaking of comfort - out of the box these wound up having the same issue I've had with TWD buds with stems in that they bend my tragus forward and are uncomfortable after a half hour or so. Replacing the winged rubber trim with the included wingless version seems to have resolved it, I think the issue was that in order to get the wings in place, the earbuds had to be angle such that they were pushing on my tragus. I moved up one size on the eartips and they seem to be holding in place just fine. Honestly I think I could still run with them and not have them fall out, but we'll see. I think I'll bring the winged surrounds with me when traveling just to be safe and switch to them when going for runs.

Side note: transparency mode seems like it'll be pretty useful on these, actually. My main use case will be when popping into convenience stores and stuff when city walking and being able to still converse with a cashier without having to take the earbuds out should be convenient. I do wish it was only a one second press and hold instead of a full two seconds, but it's not a huge deal. You definitely still have to pause your music though if it's at even a medium volume, as it doesn't amplify your surroundings or voices that much. Instead, what it does is just about perfectly balances out the amount of volume decrease from the passive isolation of well-sealed earbuds.

Really happy with these and you can't argue with $60. I am, of course, having FOMO anyway after seeing the Scarbir review of the T1 Pro. The earbuds themselves being smaller is especially appealing. I'll just have to snag a pair from a retail store a few month down the road when I'm in Singapore or Hong Kong or something.

Oct 3, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #26,163 of 62,113
What about them crushes the N6P?
Again, I'm not too knowledgable about this stuff, but I will qualify that statement by saying that I LOVE my N6P's. I have the Sony XM3's and I don't think they even compare to the N6P other than the ANC. I've been searching for something with ANC and that sounds good and right now, the Bose hit my sweet spot.

Can't wait to try the N10 with ANC. Maybe they'll be superior to the Bose

Oct 3, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #26,164 of 62,113
Well the ATH-CKRS7TW lasted 1 day. Left side started having a sizzling sound in the music like a blown speaker.

So returned them and noticed the WF-XB700 on sale so grabbed a pair.

Have to say once I tamed down the bass a smidge these sound pretty sweet. I like the mids a treble. I can live without ANC.

Just wanted something new to tickle my fancy and these just slid into my gift card price range. Have to say they are better than the AT pair. But I am more a Sony fan so that doesn't surprise me.

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #26,165 of 62,113
Yep, mine just arrived by UPS today. I do wish they had volume control but I'll be really interested to hear what other people think of them. Really good separation and super clear. Female vocals sound especially amazing
Very curious to hear about your first run / thud test

I have a distant chance now that someone coming from the UK can bring the buds mid November, but they will have to stay with him in his 4 week quarantine ...

Still enough time to figure out if I 'need' them :D

Oct 3, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #26,167 of 62,113
Well the ATH-CKRS7TW lasted 1 day. Left side started having a sizzling sound in the music like a blown speaker.

So returned them and noticed the WF-XB700 on sale so grabbed a pair.

Have to say once I tamed down the bass a smidge these sound pretty sweet. I like the mids a treble. I can live without ANC.

Just wanted something new to tickle my fancy and these just slid into my gift card price range. Have to say they are better than the AT pair. But I am more a Sony fan so that doesn't surprise me.
For $78, they’re definitely a fun pair. Have you tried the WF-SP800N? On sale now as well, sound legitimately good, and can be EQd via Sony app.

Oct 3, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #26,169 of 62,113
Better than ? The QC buds ? We still don't have any feedback here on how they seal, apparently they don't ? Same as the QC20 ?

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #26,171 of 62,113
No comments about how effective the passive and active isolation are ?

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #26,172 of 62,113
No comments about how effective the passive and active isolation are ?

I check what Louis said, as follows:

"The Dyplay ANC Shield Pro noise reduction is very subtle so if you frequent a very noisy area then you will probably need a better ANC system. "

I suspect you could post something mroe detailed in terms of what you need on the post and he will reply in more detail.

Thanks

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #26,173 of 62,113
For $78, they’re definitely a fun pair. Have you tried the WF-SP800N? On sale now as well, sound legitimately good, and can be EQd via Sony app.
The 800N was on sale as well but was still $229CAD so I went with the XB700 which was more in my budget.

If had the money I would love to have bought the Technics EAHAZ70WK.

I use Neutron on my phone which has a good EQ which helps offset the lack of app support.

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #26,174 of 62,113
Some thoughts about new Bose CQ earbuds after one day of heavy usage:
I like it a lot
+
Superb sound quality.
Best resolution and instrument separation I heard in TWS so far.
Not for bass heads, but just enough bass for everybody else.
Huge soundstage.
Best ANC I experienced in TWS so far. Better when APP and Sony. I went outside for a walk and didn't hear the cars passing by at all when the music was playing.
6 hours on single charge. Didn't test it properly yet, but I think with 100% ANC on its less. (5 hours maybe)
Very comfortable fit. Not moving at all. Was wearing them for 6 hours straight without any discomfort.
BT connection is rock solid. My phone was on the second floor and I was still connected in the basement.
I like the touch controls. Just what I need: play, pause, skip the track, auto pause when taking out of the ear. Don't care about volume control much.

-
Huge case (Bose could make it smaller)
Earbuds look big and weird in ears. Not big deal for me, don't care about what other people think.
And of course PRICE. But if you like your music to sound great and without outside noise when they cost less when MTW 2 and IMHO Bose sounds better.

Oct 3, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #26,175 of 62,113
Got my FIIL T1 Pro today.

First thoughts:

ANC is nowhere near as bad as Scarbir's review. I think they may be in ANC off mode by default.

I managed to find this apk - https://online-manage.oss-cn-beijing.aliyuncs.com/fileupload/docs/20200929/20200929094943_839.apk

This is not the global FIIL app, it seems like it is a Chinese beta or something. The FIIL app is at version 4 - this says it's 3.4 but whilst version 4 doesn't recognise the T1 Pro, version 3.4 does. Unfortunately, everything is in Chinese so I have no idea what I'm doing with it, but I found options for ANC off, ANC on and ambient. It is clear the ANC is doing something, it's probably not as good as the Edifier TWS NB2 and way out of the Apollo Bold's league, but it is pretty good for distant sound. For stuff like keyboard taps...forget it!

These earbuds are small. Much thinner than than the T1XS, but the tips are longer. The drawback is they don't seem to fit as snuggly. The benefit is my foam inairs fit on them beautifully and now the buds are much more comfortable than the T1XS which at times made you feel like you were on a submarine.

The sound quality....oh my god! These are SENSATIONAL!!!! Mostly I sit there nodding my head doing my tests. Nah....dancing around the living room to She's On The Phone by St Etienne, bass on Wiz Khalifa is crystal clear and intense...even Douglas Hubbard reading The Failures of Risk Management is putting a smile on my face!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back