Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 27, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #26,011 of 62,086
@assassin10000 suggested the participants on this thread use wavelet more than the earbuds thread.

Here are a couple wavelet files I made for 2 tws' that don't sound very good stock. they are exponentially better to my ears now.

Attachments

• edifier tws200 oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • mifo 02 oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 27, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #26,012 of 62,086
Hey guys, just want to share the Nuarl App as there is a few questions regarding the selections (see attached pic).
The selection is pretty limited and the App is pretty useless IMO. Its also buggy with the ANC mode i mentioned previous when you set it to "High" it removes all Bass from your music.
I used the ANC mode out doors and its pretty powerful i would rated equal or better than the Sony if set on "High". wind noise on both ambient sound and ANC is pretty minimal.
I played around with other ear tips and N10 Pro definitely lacks bass. If you think N6 Pro lacks bass i would avoid the N10 Pro. but the sound stage and clarity is definitely a level above the N6 Pro. When i did A/B testing the N6 Pro sounds like its playing underwater when compared to the N10. The resolution of the N10 Pro will make you notice the difference between poorly recorded or low bit rate tracks to higher bit rate tracks. It's definitely "audiophile" territory.

Attachments

• Nuarl App.jpg
    Nuarl App.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #26,013 of 62,086
Which TWS for best sound stage and vocals under 30$?

I like the sound of Tin T2, Soundmagic E10C. I listen to Opeth, Porcuine Tree, Cigarettes after Sex, Ghulam Ali, Sufjan Stevens, Agnes Obel, Valentina Lisitsa, Bollywood/Punjabi songs.

Scarbir has recommended Edifier and Soundpeats but both are NOT shipping to India right now.

Following are shipping to India right now -
KZ S2 - 29$
Redmi Airdots S - 18$
mifa X8 - 21$
QCY T5 - 25$
QCY M10 - 25$
QCY T9S - 26$
QCY T1 Pro - 32$
Tronsmart Spunky Beat - 28$
Tronsmart Onyx Free - 38$
Haylou GT1 - 22$

Edit -
Soundcore Life Note - 30$ (Available in India)

Or pair TRN BT20S/BT3S with Tin T2s?? - 40$/20$

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #26,014 of 62,086
Which TWS for best sound stage and vocals under 30$?

I like the sound of Tin T2, Soundmagic E10C. I listen to Opeth, Porcuine Tree, Cigarettes after Sex, Ghulam Ali, Sufjan Stevens, Agnes Obel, Valentina Lisitsa, Bollywood/Punjabi songs.

Scarbir has recommended Edifier and Soundpeats but both are NOT shipping to India right now.

Following are shipping to India right now -
KZ S2 - 29$
Redmi Airdots S - 18$
mifa X8 - 21$
QCY T5 - 25$
QCY M10 - 25$
QCY T9S - 26$
QCY T1 Pro - 32$
Tronsmart Spunky Beat - 28$
Tronsmart Onyx Free - 38$
Haylou GT1 - 22$

Avoid KZ Bluetooth anything IMO.
Airdots are reportedly mediocre.

Spunky beats sound decent. Onyx free others said was ok too. Skip regular gt1, the gt1 plus is the version that is good iirc.

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #26,015 of 62,086
MW07+ would be the fun v-shaped.
MTW2 is more balanced but seems to be missing some pinna gain.
N400 is very close to harman tuned.

All 3 have ANC, strength varies.

Did you perhaps mean ambient would be good for talking? Or did you mean you don't have to talk often,

All will be on SBC if your workstation uses windows, unless you get a dongle that supports AAC or APT-X. The BT5.0 should also give you a stronger connection.

Crinacle has graphs of all of them here:
https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/
MW07 wasn't fun. Too much treble like the measurement shows and bass was bloated like any TWS that has boosted bass. MTW2 also sounds like graphed, tonality sucked. Treble boosted with upper-mids sucked out. Both have mediocre responses. MTW2's ANC was mediocre as well.

I recently got to try the Galaxy Buds Live and it was terrible. Bass was rolled off, but I could tell they tried to boost it with mediocre results.

I'm still with my APP and nothing else for me. Majority of crap talked about here are not worth my time with a bunch of cheap chifi garbage. I sampled a few and realized not worth the time.

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #26,016 of 62,086
Avoid KZ Bluetooth anything IMO.
Airdots are reportedly mediocre.

Spunky beats sound decent. Onyx free others said was ok too. Skip regular gt1, the gt1 plus is the version that is good iirc.
Thanks. GT1 Plus are not shipping to India right now.

Should I instead get a TRN BT20S/BT3S and pair with my Tin T2? Will that be better than all available options?

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #26,017 of 62,086
Thanks. GT1 Plus are not shipping to India right now.

Should I instead get a TRN BT20S/BT3S and pair with my Tin T2? Will that be better than all available options?
if you could stretch the budget a bit, i would suggest to go with the BT20S Pro. the case and noise level are really an improvement compared to the older BT20 and BT20S version

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #26,018 of 62,086
Man, I wish either the Edifier NB2 or Fiil T1XS would hurry up and hit Amazon already. I’m still hunting for a good set of earbuds under $80 that hit all my checkboxes (call quality, USB-C, compact case, good sound). Might just wind up caving and blowing the budget and snagging some AirPods Pro before I leave to travel again.

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #26,019 of 62,086
Hey guys, just want to share the Nuarl App as there is a few questions regarding the selections (see attached pic).
The selection is pretty limited and the App is pretty useless IMO. Its also buggy with the ANC mode i mentioned previous when you set it to "High" it removes all Bass from your music.
I used the ANC mode out doors and its pretty powerful i would rated equal or better than the Sony if set on "High". wind noise on both ambient sound and ANC is pretty minimal.
I played around with other ear tips and N10 Pro definitely lacks bass. If you think N6 Pro lacks bass i would avoid the N10 Pro. but the sound stage and clarity is definitely a level above the N6 Pro. When i did A/B testing the N6 Pro sounds like its playing underwater when compared to the N10. The resolution of the N10 Pro will make you notice the difference between poorly recorded or low bit rate tracks to higher bit rate tracks. It's definitely "audiophile" territory.
What’s the call quality like for the nurse n10. I think these pretty much tick all my boxes and hopefully they will be available in the U.K. soon.
Thank you

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #26,021 of 62,086
Man, I wish either the Edifier NB2 or Fiil T1XS would hurry up and hit Amazon already. I’m still hunting for a good set of earbuds under $80 that hit all my checkboxes (call quality, USB-C, compact case, good sound). Might just wind up caving and blowing the budget and snagging some AirPods Pro before I leave to travel again.
Mine is coming from AliExpress and should be home soon. Delivery date is expected between the 24 sept and 09 nov.

Sep 27, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #26,022 of 62,086
For anyone curious, it seems that KZ have another new set in coming called the SA08. For 4 drivers per ear but doesn't look like a qualcomm processor in these (it isn't mentioned). Also no battery life is mentioned, which makes me worry with KZ because they generally have shorter lives then their competitors.

If they sound as good as the KZ E10, but fix the connection issues, I might be interested. The E10 are still my fav sounding TWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back