Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 19, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #25,861 of 62,127
Anyone spend time with the new Sennheiser CX 400 TWS? Price seems high for what they are, but there's not much else new out there and apparently money burns a hole in my pocket.

Sep 19, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #25,862 of 62,127
I was looking at the n6 pro, tbh I don't know a ton about nural and they have so many IEM's it's hard to figure out which to buy. Is the n10p their flagship?
The n10p will be the successor of n6p. It is not released yet, I think. It is Nuarl flagship model if I am not mistaken.

Sep 19, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #25,863 of 62,127
Anyone spend time with the new Sennheiser CX 400 TWS? Price seems high for what they are, but there's not much else new out there and apparently money burns a hole in my pocket.

Yeah, thought about it. Real one trick pony. SQ but chunky, no transparency, no wireless charging,
reports say not premium in the feel of the plastic. Even took away a charge from the case.

Klipsch having reports about the Ear fins having a bad design and sliding off. Case is pretty huge. Those are not a must purchase anymore. Then they could at least keep wireless charging in the T5 II non-sport but they don't. So, not as easy to just say I can live w/o fins.

New JBL has a lot but doesn't seem to have aptX so not a slam dunk there.

Tranya M10 was $71 but still from China so I didn't want to wait and wasn't convinced anyhow.

New Radius is on my list, the NX500BT. good shape, size, and style, and is just about the SQ. Not till October though.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #25,864 of 62,127
Ordered the Tranya T10’s. Gonna give them another chance and hope battery life is up to par. I returned the T2 and loved the SQ, but battery(50% volume) was 4hrs instead of 7hrs. Anyone else got the T10 and can confirm 8hrs?
The last time I used the Tranya T10, I stopped listening just after 7hrs at 50% volume but still had 30% battery left so reckon it can get more than 8 hrs. The very first time I used the T10, I only got around 5hrs but after the 2nd or 3rd charge, the battery got better.

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #25,865 of 62,127
Hi guys. I've told a friend to join the forums which he's just done and is awaiting moderator approval. Meanwhile, he asked if I could speak on his behalf about ear bud tips. He's just bought a pair of Boltune BT-BH024. He says he was led to believe they have stonking bass but he's not getting that at all. He says he has bass but it's 'ok'. He's also told me that with both the medium and large pairs of tips, they work their way out of his ears a bit and so he pushed them back in. They also hurt his ears. So I don't know what the fix is. I'm wondering if it's earwax preventing a good seal, and pressing against earwax would probably make his ears hurt too. I imagine it would also reduce the amount of sonic quality. What do you think and what tips would you recommend for more bass, silicone or foam? Thanks!

Oh, he also said that someone with the same pair of boltune buds as him tried different tips and the lid of the charging box wouldn't close with them fitted.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #25,866 of 62,127
Hi guys. I've told a friend to join the forums which he's just done and is awaiting moderator approval. Meanwhile, he asked if I could speak on his behalf about ear bud tips. He's just bought a pair of Boltune BT-BH024. He says he was led to believe they have stonking bass but he's not getting that at all. He says he has bass but it's 'ok'. He's also told me that with both the medium and large pairs of tips, they work their way out of his ears a bit and so he pushed them back in. They also hurt his ears. So I don't know what the fix is. I'm wondering if it's earwax preventing a good seal, and pressing against earwax would probably make his ears hurt too. I imagine it would also reduce the amount of sonic quality. What do you think and what tips would you recommend for more bass, silicone or foam? Thanks!
I always prefer foam over silicone not only because it is easier to get a good seal, it is also more comfortable. The problem with using foam in tws is usually the foam is longer so it is quite common that the tws won't fit in the case. You can always cut the foam in half length so it can fit the case.

Sep 19, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #25,867 of 62,127
I always prefer foam over silicone not only because it is easier to get a good seal, it is also more comfortable. The problem with using foam in tws is usually the foam is longer so it is quite common that the tws won't fit in the case. You can always cut the foam in half length so it can fit the case.

Thanks buddy. Actually, he's just now told me that the person who tried different tips and couldn't close the box is a member here called regancipher who wrote a head-fi review. I've just seen the review which says that he also couldn't get the three pairs to fit properly and keeping them in the ears was problematic. He goes on to say what you've also mentioned about foam. He tried his INAIRS foam tips but were too deep to fit in the case. He contacted Boltune but got no response. Then he said he tried IKKO i-Planet foam tips which he thinks were designed for the Jabra 65T. They took a little edge off the upper mids but other than that he says the fit is outstanding with no issues.

So, my friend is now thinking of buying those. I suggested he buy a pair in medium and a pair in large. Do you know of those tips?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #25,868 of 62,127
I will probably go for the ThieAudio Legacy 3 and wondering which wireless adapters are nice for those.
Bluetooth or TWS. I'm not exactly sure yet what's the best option for me.

PS: If you think the L3 are crap for classical music, you're welcome to tell me what may be a better option. I'm new to the IEM business.

L3s are okay. The IBasso IT00 are cheaper and better imo and you can pair em with the IBasso CF01 TWS adapter for an iem true wireless solution.

L3s are fine for classical, very safe tuning. Solid timbre.

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #25,869 of 62,127
Btw I know I’ve been gone for a while, but honestly the galaxy buds + kinda satisfied my TWS needs for the past few months. Big fan, despite not having the absolute best sq. However, the nuarl n10 pros are def on my radar. Loved the N6P. Still think they’re the best sounding TWS on the market.

Sep 19, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #25,870 of 62,127
Ordered the Tranya T10’s. Gonna give them another chance and hope battery life is up to par. I returned the T2 and loved the SQ, but battery(50% volume) was 4hrs instead of 7hrs. Anyone else got the T10 and can confirm 8hrs?
Battery life is definitely acceptable on the T10s. I haven't tested it 100 to 0 but I've never had to worry about them running out even when spending a few hours outside working.

Sep 19, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #25,871 of 62,127
My Nuarl N10 Pro arrived few days ago. was surprised my local dealer in Australia stocked them on Jap release date. got it the next day matching the YEN retail price. Not sure if other dealers have them in stock but you can find the Aus dealer link on the Nuarl dealer list.

Didn't have much time to listen to them. but my initial impressions are it has much larger sound stage than the N6 Pro. One of the widest sound stage TWE i've listened to. The sound stage expands about 5cm-7cm outside your ear. the N6 Pro sound stage is around the base of your ear.

The sound presentation is more cold analytical. Compared to the N6 Pro it sounds colder brighter. N6 Pro has a warmer forward vocal presentation while the N10 Pro has more detail and the vocal doesn't seem to be forward like the N6 Pro. with the wide sound stage the separation and positioning of the instruments are fantastic.

I had issues with the eartips. while i usually use the spiral dot on most of my buds but it seems to leak sound on the N10 Pro. Had to use the foam tip that came with it to have a proper seal and boost up the bass. If you look at the earpiece design below the earbud stem is shorter than the N6 and the Sony so it doesn't reach deeper inside your ear. If i press the earbuds into my ear i feel there is a significant bass increase. with the stock foam tips the bass is about the same as the N6 Pro. might try some longer foam tips for a extra boost. The sound quality definitely is better than the N6 Pro...unless you prefer warmer vocals.

The size is to the larger side. the charger case is much longer too. the buds are about the same length as the N6 but its much thicker so it will stick out. its still smaller than the sony though.

Haven't played with the App or tested the ANC yet.

Attachments

• DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0093.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0096.JPG
    DSC_0096.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0094.JPG
    DSC_0094.JPG
    347 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #25,873 of 62,127
But with annoying driver flex I've read? (Edit: The IBasso IT00 I mean)

Very annoying driver flex lol. But the sound is worth it imo.

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #25,874 of 62,127
Thanks for the replies guys. Battery is so important since most are now going on 10hrs.

T10 or the M10??
T10. I should be getting them this week. $39 on Amazon right now.

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #25,875 of 62,127
Stax TWS earbuds. Not likely to have an electrostatic driver, but hope it is not just Edifier rebrand.

EguP3fiUcAAc7NV.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back