Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 29, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #25,336 of 62,117
I think that was a good move... I've never really been happy with the XM3's. The Nuarl N6 Pro blows them out of the water for sound quality no matter what EQ settings I use. I'm so excited about the N10 w/ ANC

Hope no one minds me sharing a link to the site where I bought the Acoustune tips. They really are amazing: https://www.mtmtaudio.com/
Hi @Luke Skywalker !!

thanks for your reply, I am looking forward to receiving them, I will post my impressions (delivery date is estimated next Wednesday). I have tried to buy the Nuarl N6 Pro but in Spain is impossible, there is only one amazon dealer with a very low reputation (the same in ebay) and the price was quite high.

The new N10 seems to be amazing, I am thinking contact directly Nuarl when they have launched them to ask them if they could gently send me to Spain...any other suggestions?. I wish they are ready as soon as possible, it is estimated in September but without a specif date!

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #25,337 of 62,117
Aug 29, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #25,339 of 62,117
I am kinda avoiding shopping from overseas right now, not because of covid-19 but it just take a damn long time for the item to arrive here in the USA. Ordered Tronsmart Onyx Ace from Ali on 4/28 and I received it on 7/22. Almost a freaking 3 months lol.

Aug 29, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #25,340 of 62,117
So with the Buds Live I am now trying the "normal" EQ setting with some EQ from the Wavelet app. Something about the "clear" setting just didn't sound right with a lot of my music. So far this seems more natural but makes them less bassy and brighter.

Screenshot_20200829-192729.png

Aug 29, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #25,341 of 62,117
Which shop on Ali has them at that price?
There’s at least 2 - MI YouPin Store and Shop1263750 Store - but if you search for the product there’s a few. These 2 just happen to be on TOP.

Aug 30, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #25,343 of 62,117
I am kinda avoiding shopping from overseas right now, not because of covid-19 but it just take a damn long time for the item to arrive here in the USA. Ordered Tronsmart Onyx Ace from Ali on 4/28 and I received it on 7/22. Almost a freaking 3 months lol.

hpw do you rate the Onyx Ace? is it a worthwhile buy?

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #25,344 of 62,117
hpw do you rate the Onyx Ace? is it a worthwhile buy?
It is good for calling as my initial purpose was for my wife (she can only use airpods style iem), but I bought another set for myself. The sound quality is not great, the bass is wonky and more of a mid bass centric, the mid is overly thick and treble is too much rolled off. It also use master and slave connection type so you can't use them individually for calling. Not worth it imho. If they just stick to the Spunky Beats sound tuning and maybe tweak it a little bit.

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #25,345 of 62,117
Well, after a month of trying to make them work, I’m abandoning the Aukey EP-N5 which I liked at first. After a half hour or so of wearing them at a time, they just hurt my ears too much. I was hoping I just had them in bad the first time or two it happened, but after some city walks and flights and what have you, they just weren’t comfortable.

The search continues for ~$60 buds I’ll like. I’ll have to see if the case for the new Fiil buds is slimmer this time around, because the chunky case was the only reason I didn’t keep my T1X last time around.

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #25,346 of 62,117
It is good for calling as my initial purpose was for my wife (she can only use airpods style iem), but I bought another set for myself. The sound quality is not great, the bass is wonky and more of a mid bass centric, the mid is overly thick and treble is too much rolled off. It also use master and slave connection type so you can't use them individually for calling. Not worth it imho. If they just stick to the Spunky Beats sound tuning and maybe tweak it a little bit.

I'd second this. I used them for listening to audiobooks because they're good for that and calls, and so that I can still hear my family when they talk to me. But for music they don't measure up. Plus my right earphone stopped wanting to sync up after only a few months.

Aug 30, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #25,347 of 62,117
The mics are also horrible on the ipad, haven't tested on the phone, nobody was able to hear me on zoom

Aug 30, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #25,348 of 62,117
Been looking through this thread and what an amazing bunch of people here! I decided to try out the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 as it was slightly cheaper than the Tozo NC9 from Amazon UK and Scarbir/Bart gave a glowing review of it.

Initial impressions was the sound was more focused on the bass than the mids but hoping to burn it in and see if it gets better.
The ANC was pretty weak at first because I couldn't get a decent seal but I swapped around all the spare tips I owned and in the end, I put one of the spare tips that came with the Bomaker Sifi II and got to say it's pretty good. I used these videos to simulate plane cabin noise as well as coffee shop noise and it muted those pretty well:

Ambient noise was also clear and I could have a conversation without any problems.

I just got these from Amazon.ca this week as well. Are you not getting any left bud EMI static when ANC is turned off/ambient mode on? It's rather noticeable for me (even on louder tracks) yet everything is fine when ANC is turned on. I also noticed my case battery drain abruptly today and the buds not powering off on some occasions, so I might send it back. It seems like once the case battery is depleted, the buds will not power off when placed in the case. This is not uncommon but some TWS like the Galaxy Buds+ still power off properly, presumably because powering on/off does not rely on the case battery.

I agree the ANC takes time to get used to. It does very well with low frequencies during my commute but I do think their floor noise has an effect on you thinking the ANC is more or less effective.

My biggest gripe are the controls. Hate the double-tap to play and single-tap for volume implementation. Also find it a tad annoying that the ANC/ambient mode plays/pauses the music respectively.

In terms of connectivity I haven't been that impressed. While they are mostly good, they seem sensitive to "death grip" whenever my hand is near my phone or laptop's Bluetooth modem. A bit better than last year's Realtek chipsets but still worse than QCC3020 devices as well as whatever is used in Galaxy Buds+ and Jabees Firefly Pro.

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #25,349 of 62,117
I am still looking for some wireless buds for running. I am a bass head, that primarily listens to rap. A set of earbuds with very powerful bass is extremely important to me, as my current wired pair has a booming bass profile that I really like and am used to. Through some research and recommendations from @Caipirina, I have narrowed my search down to three options: the Sabbat X12 ultra, the Nillikin Go, and the dyplay bqc35. For those that own those models, how do they perform when running, and how much bass do they have? The X12 ultra seems to be the best pair for running - but I have concerns over the amount of bass they contain. The X12 ultra apparently has increased bass levels, but how much?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #25,350 of 62,117
I am still looking for some wireless buds for running. I am a bass head, that primarily listens to rap. A set of earbuds with very powerful bass is extremely important to me, as my current wired pair has a booming bass profile that I really like and am used to. Through some research and recommendations from @Caipirina, I have narrowed my search down to three options: the Sabbat X12 ultra, the Nillikin Go, and the dyplay bqc35. For those that own those models, how do they perform when running, and how much bass do they have? The X12 ultra seems to be the best pair for running - but I have concerns over the amount of bass they contain. The X12 ultra apparently has increased bass levels, but how much?

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nillkin-go-tw004-aptx-wireless-earbuds-bt5-0-ipx6.24571/reviews

My review on the Nillkin Go.

Great design, bad sound. Bass may be too your liking, wasn't to mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back