Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 17, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #24,916 of 61,895
Just be aware that these were selling brand new a few weeks ago for $69 at Costco and Amazon. I'm sure they'll hit that low again when the new ones come out. I LOVE the T5's, but they have some bt connection issues and other bugs. Firmware updates via the app were also said to brick some units. The sound is just awesome. I'll definitely be picking up the new ones.
Right now V.1 are $79 new on amazon. How is the app with firmware updates and sq settings and if you can describe the SQ? I have an older klipsch iem that I really loved. I still have them. They were $250 and got a sale for $80 bout 9 yrs ago. I forgot the model number right now, but they were thin. Edit. Klipsch Image X10

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #24,917 of 61,895
Updated FW Right away, also checked if there’s an update for the app. Can you send screenshot so I can possibly address that with Panasonic?
F0EEEBB4-A7B4-400D-B16A-3184ABA7D10C.png

Aug 17, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #24,918 of 61,895
Crazy is as Crazy does. Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Here I go again, ugh. Listening to The Sword right now and I want to mosh into my toddler. Sorry, kid.

IMG_3429.jpeg

IMG_3430.jpeg
How are you liking those? I've always like B&O but as @hifi80sman alluded to, they charge way to much for there name and don't offer a lot of features. I'll wait tell there under 200 before considering buying.

Aug 17, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #24,919 of 61,895
The X12 Ultra I ordered a while ago finally showed up today.

These have more bass than I remember the X12 Pro having, which needed earbud foams to keep the low end present. These don't. SQ is a step up.

Another pleasant surprise is the matte finish the case now has and a completely different hinge, which has much tighter tolerances. That and the built in wireless charging is always nice. (Edit: fyi cases are interchangeable, pins/layout is the same.)

I'll try and A/B these with my X12 Pro's once I swap the original drivers back on.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #24,920 of 61,895
Aug 17, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #24,922 of 61,895
Believe you but couldn't find it. Might be good if you needed to change out.

Saw this though...
1597691708044.png
Edifier quickly and somewhat quietly released the improved TWS NB2. Sounds like 7 hours now with improved ANC on and better sound and form factor.
Yeah, it was pretty quiet. I came across this ~3 or so weeks ago on their website, because they had a sale, and were selling the original TWS NB for ~$70 - almost 50% off! I decided not to get the original, because they were so bulky, but yeah. So they were out at least 3-4 weeks ago.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #24,924 of 61,895
I'll try and A/B these with my X12 Pro's once I swap the original drivers back on.

Well, unfortunately no A/B will be possible.

Looks like the original glue overlapped the coil wires so the original right driver is dead. The coil wire was torn removing the original drivers, to swap other drivers on.

Found this out after swapping back. Oh well. Guess the other drivers will stay on.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #24,925 of 61,895
Why not just get the brand new version for .... the grand total of $12 more? :scream_cat: :wink:
I really don’t need them. Just cool that it’s cheap. Plus I heard the highs are not that great to be honest.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #24,926 of 61,895
@Caipirina

Need to try these Nilkin GO at some point to experience their reduced "thud" but better isolation than the X12s for running in noisy (and dangerless) environments...although since I never run on treadmills I'm not sure where that would be :wink:

Actually, for some strange reason, the official 'new' price on amazon.de was 134.90€ just before the weekend ... it is now at 141.90€, no idea why .fr is still 170+ ... the used offer I mentioned was white and was missing the eartips .. so, not worth saving 6$

Will check next time, but ... I don't recall noticing a big change .. or any change at all?

You always have traffic around? I have a lot of field & forest paths ... other than the occasional mad cyclist I should be rather safe :) (well, that's now, once I am back on the island, it will be cars on one side and train on the other ... )

other than the X12 and Nillkin Go, the other TWS that don't produce "walking thuds" is the Dyplay BQC35. if I'm not mistaken, @webvan already have a unit but don't like it too much?

it is quite bass heavy that i needed to use EQ at first, but lately i found the perfect eartips for it: reversed KZ starline tips. i use 1 size down to M from my usual tips (L). this hack cuts down the midbass by a lot but retains the subbass rumble, making this one of my favorite substitute for a full size headphones.

i also like that it doesn't have much passive noise blocking, i even think it's a bit less than the Nillkin Go, but with the ANC switched on, music would be more clear than the Nillkin. it certainly excel in Gym environment with loud rumbling background music.

the Nillkin still wins on volume headroom though, as even though the Dyplay have enough volume for me at 60 to 80 percent, the Nillkin can be even louder.

i think the Airsun also has minimal thud, but i need to check them again to be sure. the thing that i don't like about it is the occasional drops of the signal, and the charging case is a bit finicky.. sometimes putting the earpiece inside doesn't charge it, so i have to check it several times when i first put it in the case.

The X12 Ultra I ordered a while ago finally showed up today.

These have more bass than I remember the X12 Pro having, which needed earbud foams to keep the low end present. These don't. SQ is a step up.

Another pleasant surprise is the matte finish the case now has and a completely different hinge, which actually has some drag or resistance to it now. It will stay open partway as long as the magnets don't overcome it. That and the built in wireless charging is always nice. (Edit: fyi cases are interchangeable, pins/layout is the same.)

darn it... do i need to have 3 X12?? now you make me want to buy the Ultra too:sweat_smile:

those marble series look great, especially the green one
images.jpeg

the Vooplay looks interesting, but if it's basically the same as the X12 but with a facelift, i much prefer the X12 form factor and size anyway

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #24,927 of 61,895
other than the X12 and Nillkin Go, the other TWS that don't produce "walking thuds" is the Dyplay BQC35. if I'm not mistaken, @webvan already have a unit but don't like it too much?

it is quite bass heavy that i needed to use EQ at first, but lately i found the perfect eartips for it: reversed KZ starline tips. i use 1 size down to M from my usual tips (L). this hack cuts down the midbass by a lot but retains the subbass rumble, making this one of my favorite substitute for a full size headphones.

i also like that it doesn't have much passive noise blocking, i even think it's a bit less than the Nillkin Go, but with the ANC switched on, music would be more clear than the Nillkin. it certainly excel in Gym environment with loud rumbling background music.

the Nillkin still wins on volume headroom though, as even though the Dyplay have enough volume for me at 60 to 80 percent, the Nillkin can be even louder.

i think the Airsun also has minimal thud, but i need to check them again to be sure. the thing that i don't like about it is the occasional drops of the signal, and the charging case is a bit finicky.. sometimes putting the earpiece inside doesn't charge it, so i have to check it several times when i first put it in the case.

darn it... do i need to have 3 X12?? now you make me want to buy the Ultra too:sweat_smile:

those marble series look great, especially the green one

the Vooplay looks interesting, but if it's basically the same as the X12 but with a facelift, i much prefer the X12 form factor and size anyway

I was also looking at the green 'advanced stone' one originally but the pictures are a bit misleading (as per usual lol). Someone on AE posted pics of theirs and I didn't like how the real ones looked, the green isn't as deep.

Here they are:
10880193231557812729.jpg

10878334451638656288.jpg

I went with the black & white 'advanced stone'. Which ended up having a kind of purple tint.

IMG_20200817_210258.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #24,929 of 61,895
Will check next time, but ... I don't recall noticing a big change .. or any change at all?

same here, when I first read about this issue I have carefully listened in a very quiet ambient and no difference at all to my ears, then done the same in a noisy ambient and again no difference (well, apart the obvious diffrence in ambient and no ANC modes). I have also repeated w/ and w/o eq (just to be sure, I wasn't expecting a difference).
not sure what's happening here... maybe a different production batch? (this is just my speculation, I don't have any real information). I'm in EU and bought from an EU store 20 days ago.

How does 1More ANC compare to Tronsmart Apollo Bold? I see the 1More is on sale this week for 204$ CAD and 15$ coupon on top of that (though I think they might remove that soon!)

don't know about the 1more, what I can tell is that once you burn-in them correctly (at least 30h) the Apollo sound magnificent to my ears. nope they are not linear, would describe as funny/colored, and I think they were meant this way, but they maintain a very nice detail level and are not fatiguing at all.
at the discounted price point that is running now I think it's a bargain.

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #24,930 of 61,895
Will an Android phone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor be able to transmit in TWS Stereo Plus, assuming compatible phone and TWS IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back