Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 10, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #24,556 of 62,028
I am actually a tad concerned about that amazon.de offer. Seems to be some middle man company, not Samsung direct, and seeing just how many clones are out on AliExpress... just saying with cheap offers, tread carefully
That being said, I have to admit that I ordered a pair of GB fakes :wink: on purpose! Only 10$, surprisingly fast shipping (they already reached German customs last Thursday) and I always wanted a pair of YELLOW tws :wink: sometimes it is about color coordination.... let’s see just how bad they can be.
32296D34-0B46-401D-A17F-E06B93A8BD38.jpeg

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #24,557 of 62,028
The fact that the 'Polos have been proving rather... divisive... has got my spider senses tingling.

The BT20Pros seem a while off and my Creative Outlier Airs have been "retired" to the "backup" role (aka the "leave in glove compartment for emergencies" role, with the Meizu EP52 being bumped up to "exercise" duty instead) so the L2P is feeling kinda lonely now being the only TWS in "regular" rotation.

And I'm still without a decent ANC set. I wonder if Shopee MY has extra coupons I can use on the 'Polos.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #24,558 of 62,028
So what's the consensus of the 1More ColorBuds? How do they compare to something like the Lypertek Tevi? I see they added volume controls but it seems like I have to sacrifice using smart assistant or something?

Anyone bought Apollo to ship to Canada? How long did it take. I'm not a fan of Geekbuying shipping which usually takes about 3 weeks, epacket and UBI only take 10 dayts assuming the seller processes the order quickly.

Back to the Tronsmart Apollo, I got them to multipoint this weekend!
Not really sure how, but they do!
Are they paired and can immediately output from either source individually? Not sure about the newest chipset but with older Qualcomm chipsets some people THOUGHT they had multipoint but it turned out you could pair the left bud to one device and right one to another, so you can actually make it connect to one device over another if you take that earbud out first. On Android can also set one earbud to be call only but media volume will only output from the other device.

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #24,559 of 62,028
20Decebel confirmed via their official store on Aliexpress that with the Airoha chip, it is simultaneous transmission to both left and right earpieces when using an iPhone with their ANC buds. This is useful for us iOS users as those using Qualcomm chips don’t have functioning TWS Stereo+

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #24,560 of 62,028
Hi again,

Then the gbuds live is good for you if it fit. I has warmer sound than the other gbuds. The vocal has a fair thickness making female voice fuller. It has a dipped in the upper treble, but since I can't hear pass 16khz, it really doesn't matter to me. I could increase 16khz+ to max and couldn't hear any difference :sweat_smile:. Might need to try using it while running to see if there is those thumping sound.
Definitely the Sony. WF1000XM3 are one of my favourite bluetooth iems. Huge improvement over the Apollo's but they also cost more.
For all rounder, I recommend Nuarl N6 pro. For budget friendly price, Tronsmart spunky beats, Fiil T1X, Haylou GT1 Plus. The new galaxy buds live is also growing on me. Those are the TWS that I've tried, there are a lot more out there that sound just as good.

thanks all for your help, your posts are quite useful for me. Here, in Spain, the Nuarl are quite difficult to buy without paying a high amount of customs duties so that based on the Sony XM3 opinions, I will keep them or consider, as an alternative, the Gbuds Live, I will review the cost and availability!.

Thanks again and looking forward to continuing to collaborate in the thread, although my experience is quite limited...

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #24,561 of 62,028
I have been using my MTWs since exactly 9:30 pm EST (August 10th, I was watching Netflix for about an hour and half and switched to music while I worked on my desktop. My source for music is UAPP/Qobuz on my LG V60 at approximately 50% volume. Netflix was also on my V60 so it was connected the whole time. It is now 12:55am (almost 3 1/2 hours later) and my V60 (in bluetooth settings aand Smart Control app) is reporting10% (just changed from 20% two minutes ago @ 12:53 am so I expect it to turn off soon).

EDIT: I got the "recharge headset" prompt @ 1:05 am.

EDIT 2: power off @ 1:12 am so 3 hours and 42 minutes. I did double check to make sure I was usong aptX before it quit on me. My case, on the other hand, definitely drains in a few days now (that is what really annoys me). I used to be able to go for a week without using or charging the MTW amd still be able to pick it up afterwards and find it with some juice left but not anymore...
Yeah these were/are a great product, but things like the quick battery drain of the case are big disapointments. Glad you're getting almost a full hour more than i am with them, i keep them at 50% volume as well, it's plenty loud for me. I can say though, owning the MTW2, i have purposely let them sit for weeks at a time and then used them and the app shows 100% even after 20 or so mins of use. so while the MTW2 doesn't hit the 7 hour mark with ANC on, at least Sennheiser has fixed the battery drain issue.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #24,562 of 62,028
The Tranya T10 are $10 off on Amazon US with a coupon bringing them to $39.99, which is what Tranya has been selling them at for a while but with promo codes.
i got an email yesterday asking if i wanted to test a pair, they get here tomorrow. i'll post some thoughts on them.

Aug 10, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #24,564 of 62,028
I think this is a very complex topic. From my experience, the implementation of APTX and AAC (even SBC) matters a lot in a resulting sound. On my Note 10+, APTX sounds best with MTW2. AAC sounds worse and I also have to turn up the volume more. SBC sounds as good as AAC and much louder than AAC(same loudness as APTX), but SBC provides more bass (thought it could be an effect of SBC cutting off high frequencies).

I've experienced that AAC on the 2 OnePlus phones I've had sounded pretty bad, while AAC sounds great on my Pixel 3a.

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #24,566 of 62,028
i'd say the Gbuds are somewhat the middle ground in TWS world at the moment in terms of everything: price, SQ, feature, call quality, size, portability, etc. if i was forced to have only one, i myself would go for the Gbuds.
my favorite TWS right now is the XM3, but that is because it has an EQ so i can find my tuning. if it can't be tuned, i probably would have sold them from day one. all other feature of the XM3 is top notch though for me, even the fit.. i don't find it to be a bother

if the only concern is SQ, i personally think even the cheaply priced Spunky beats, Haylous, and QCYs can really hold their own.
Same. The xm3 are at the top of the list for me, especially after realizing there's enough room in the case to use double flange silicone tips (rha).

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #24,567 of 62,028
That would make perfect sense. AAC is power-inefficient, and OnePlus and Huawei are generally poorly equipped to handle it, in both quality and latency
"AAC" is actually a toolbox of many different audio encoding and decoding tools which started in 1997 and keep on evolving until the present day. "AAC" is therefore almost like saying "Hamburger," you know what it looks like but some taste great, some taste average, some take a long time to prepare and some don't. This is the same with both encoding and decoding tools in AAC (and BTW most video codecs too).

On Android, by the way it is designed, originally left the encoding and decoding to others (a long story, which I'll leave for later) which has led to inconsistencies between devices (where the chip decodes the audio), applications (where the software encodes the audio) and really anyone in between.This is never going to change though Google and others have been trying to make it better e.g. LDAC included in Android.

AAC like all codec designs has to take a guess at the encoding and decoding capabilities of the host. AAC took the the decision that the encoder was likely in a bigger computer than the decoder and so put more of the weight onto the encoder. This is why TWS with AAC get roughly the same battery life as SBC... Today, the amount of CPU and memory that AAC consumes are now insignificant so that isn't the limit, though occasionally because on Android it is a long running thing, it runs into task scheduling issues.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #24,569 of 62,028
That would make perfect sense. AAC is power-inefficient, and OnePlus and Huawei are generally poorly equipped to handle it, in both quality and latency

I just hope the Pixel 4a I have on pre-order sounds just as good as my 3a with my WF1000xm3. I'm assuming that it will.

I think with EQ the WF1000xm3 sound amazing. I love having the option of ANC and the ambient sound mode. I don't hear any obvious loss of SQ with them being Bluetooth. Even when I'm home and have "better" gear at hand I find myself using these a lot instead.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #24,570 of 62,028
Anyon else with the Apollos have that they (or at least the right bud) does not properly charge when in case? Second time I popped them in and I see only 20% ... so, they are now in the group of 'i have to monitor your charging' buds (like my X12s or my SSF) ...

Currently using the original tips L size ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back