Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 20, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #23,718 of 62,072
I'm wondering since we are talking about the Tronsmart bold Anc

I've looked into them and according to their FCC number 2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD. They fall under the Cleer Ally plus

with the same QCC chip, battery life and similar case (https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AV3Z-APOLLOBOLD/4803745) according to the letter presented

I'm wondering if the Tronsmart isn't simply a rename of the product for the International Market or did Tronsmart modify something in the sound tuning or add more functions (more mics for ex) (besides the app). The Cleer ally plus websites don't mention anything about how many microphones are inside the earpiece. They surely look the same.

If someone with more knowledge can look into it, but my hypothesis is that the Apollo Bold is the rebranding of the Cleer Ally Plus

The 233621 Zen ANC is also the same specs
Hi, Thomas,
Thanks for your feedback. It is quite normal that products have the similar specs, but Tronsmart Apollo Bold has its own patented design and technologies.

Jul 20, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #23,719 of 62,072
Jul 20, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #23,721 of 62,072
Hi, Thomas,
Thanks for your feedback. It is quite normal that products have the similar specs, but Tronsmart Apollo Bold has its own patented design and technologies.
Hello Tronsmart. Do you mean that you engineered different software/firmware?(you were mentioning aptxHD earlier for example). Unlike some other forums, head-fi favors specific details. I think he is referring to the fact that your FCC filing says that the products are electrically identical. I'm trying to help clarify some of the confusion so that there isn't a misunderstanding.

Jul 21, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #23,722 of 62,072
L2Ps for 99€ or Creative Outlier Gold for 79€ ?

Considering I am greedy and feel like I want one more of the 'classics' in my collection ...

Which one and why? :D

(I know, I know, I could order both and then simply return, as long as I have the power of amazon, but I do feel bad every time I send something back)

Ooooh, while my amazon does not have those AKG N400 yet, they DO have the Panasonic RZ S500 (what a name) ... at 170€ ... and one quick YT reviews says the ANC is not that great ... pass I guess

Easy, L2Ps. Coz of the App/EQ and how well it responds to it. Thing's a chameleon with it around.

Outlier Gold's "special processing" doesn't actually work for streaming music (supposedly it's for "local" music only) so (at least for me) there was not much incentive to get them over the "Normals".

Also, despite the bass heaviness the L2P walks all over the Outlier "Normals" when it comes to imaging so I don't expect any better out of the Golds in this regard.

And thanks for the 'Polo update. They're sounding more and more interesting TBH. Now I just need a bit more sound impressions before pulling the trigger.

Or, you know, Tronsmart (or Trons MY) can send me a pair to test - despite my limited socmed presence 🤣

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #23,723 of 62,072
Did you ever try the SP800N again with ANC OFF to get rid of the wind noise ? I'm thinking of giving them a shot so that's going to be a dealbreaker if it's still there with ANC OFF. It should go away like on all other closed IEMs...but then on the MTW2 it doesn't so who knows...
Yes it improves without ANC but I still got too much wind noise for my liking so I returned them. Your results may be different. The noise was only on one side so it may be personal to me.

Jul 21, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #23,726 of 62,072
+1 for Jabra 75t microphone/phone call quality here as I own it and find the call quality very very good. I have heard the Buds+ may even have slightly better microphone quality than 75t though.
Appreciate a bit late in replying, this review https://www.soundguys.com/samsung-galaxy-buds-plus-review-28974/ contains a recording via the Buds+ mic, if that helps to prove the quality.

I’ve bought the Buds+ primarily for work/Zoom/Teams/calls and they’re working fantastically.

Jul 21, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #23,727 of 62,072
Jul 21, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #23,728 of 62,072
Yes it improves without ANC but I still got too much wind noise for my liking so I returned them. Your results may be different. The noise was only on one side so it may be personal to me.
Thanks, could either be a microphone staying on or just the fact that it catches the wind. I suppose I'll have to give them a try! Currently it's a toss between giving the Apollo and the SP800N a try, anyone been there before? Thanks!

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #23,730 of 62,072
Easy, L2Ps. Coz of the App/EQ and how well it responds to it. Thing's a chameleon with it around.

Outlier Gold's "special processing" doesn't actually work for streaming music (supposedly it's for "local" music only) so (at least for me) there was not much incentive to get them over the "Normals".

Also, despite the bass heaviness the L2P walks all over the Outlier "Normals" when it comes to imaging so I don't expect any better out of the Golds in this regard.

And thanks for the 'Polo update. They're sounding more and more interesting TBH. Now I just need a bit more sound impressions before pulling the trigger.

Or, you know, Tronsmart (or Trons MY) can send me a pair to test - despite my limited socmed presence 🤣
Thanks! I had already jumped on the L2P since it was a limited time deal and when amazon pushes me with a countdown clock, they might have to live with the consequences of me returning them.
I think the Apollo will even get more interesting with the upcoming app! I was just assured that the app will work for all Apollo, not like spunky Beats, in which case you need the app version spunky Beats to play with the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back