Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 4, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #23,221 of 62,072
That's interesting, it seems like low volume is common among TWS earphones...such a turn off. Maybe the KZ ones have enough power as i didnt see any complaints yet...

Might still pick the GT1 plus because it's only 16$ :relaxed: Can i at least switch eartips on those?or is it impossible because of case\nozzle restrictions?
I have not experienced this much. Has this been your experience, or you are observing a lot of comments like that?

I can't come anywhere close to full volume with my Phaiser Fusion Ones. Usually about halfway. Loud but comfortable with my Nuarls is maybe 70%, and with my ADV X+s it's more like 75%. I could never listen to either of those at full volume either.

I've cycled through about 20 sets and I only remember one or two that disappointed with faint volume level (SoundPeats TrueEngine and some cheap Boltunes). Maybe the Tranya B530 pro is borderline.

Jul 4, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #23,222 of 62,072
I was a little bored so I tried to do something I had been thinking about for a long time. I took the hated Bluedio Fi with QCC3020, which even my wife refused to listen to, and made something what I even enjoy listening to. I just transform the TWS to a wireless module like the BT20S, but with a charging case. With the TRN V90 it's a bit noisy, but outside I do not mind. The signal strength is now much more stable, and the microphone recording has also improved. Even the touch autopause works (although stupid as in its original state), unfortunately the other controls almost don't work. There is probably a problem with the calibration of the capacitive sensor during such wear. The quality of workmanship is not much, but it is definitely original :wink: I was just sorry to throw Fi in the trash, where they would otherwise deserve to end up.
IMG_20200704_185635.jpgIMG_20200704_184249.jpgIMG_20200704_184216.jpgIMG_20200704_184051.jpgIMG_20200704_093513.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #23,223 of 62,072
I was a little bored so I tried to do something I had been thinking about for a long time. I took the hated Bluedio Fi with QCC3020, which even my wife refused to listen to, and made something what I even enjoy listening to. I just transform the TWS to a wireless module like the BT20S, but with a charging case. With the TRN V90 it's a bit noisy, but outside I do not mind. The signal strength is now much more stable, and the microphone recording has also improved. Even the touch autopause works (although stupid as in its original state), unfortunately the other controls almost don't work. There is probably a problem with the calibration of the capacitive sensor during such wear. The quality of workmanship is not much, but it is definitely original :wink: I was just sorry to throw Fi in the trash, where they would otherwise deserve to end up.
IMG_20200704_185635.jpgIMG_20200704_184249.jpgIMG_20200704_184216.jpgIMG_20200704_184051.jpgIMG_20200704_093513.jpg
Just wow! !!!:clap::clap::clap:

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #23,224 of 62,072
Huh, this is interesting.

I took the dog for a walk and noticed that my AirPods Pro on firmware 2D27 sounds fuller and warmer to me, with more body to vocals in addition to better instrument separation. It also sounds less plasticky and V-shape to me, i.e. less treble biased. It's better than rev 2C54 or the 2D15 that came out around the 1st week of May. I stopped paying attention to them after that.

I got back and switched from iPhone to MacBook Tidal lossless streaming. Dianna Krall "Live in Paris" sounds more like what I was expecting. And bass guitars have been turned up in things like Eric Clapton and BB King "3 O'clock Blues", while Clapton's and King's vocals are more intimate and present. But in Rickie Lee Jones "Pop Pop" in the song Dat Dere the cymbals seem a little more recessed, while the string bass is much improved. Albums like Chris Jones "Roadhouses and Automobiles" still have crisp guitar strings, but it's definitely less bright sounding than before.

I'm still frustrated that when I have them set to swap between transparency and ANC modes with a press and hold, that on the MacBook there is still no way to listen to them in the 3rd mode with both of those modes turned off.

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #23,225 of 62,072
I would probably call myself a Sennheiser fanboy. I have hd660s as my daily computer headphones. Own hd598s/hd58x/hd6xx so I was really leaning towards buying the MTW2 but with the M&D MW07+ currently on sale I kinda want to buy those. How comparable are they to MTW2? Most YouTubers all say the MTW2 are the best sounding TWS out but I'd believe the word of everyone on this forum before most YouTube reviewers.

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #23,226 of 62,072
I would probably call myself a Sennheiser fanboy. I have hd660s as my daily computer headphones. Own hd598s/hd58x/hd6xx so I was really leaning towards buying the MTW2 but with the M&D MW07+ currently on sale I kinda want to buy those. How comparable are they to MTW2? Most YouTubers all say the MTW2 are the best sounding TWS out but I'd believe the word of everyone on this forum before most YouTube reviewers.

Comparable in that they both sound excellent but different in terms of sound signature. There is something special about the mw07 that I dont get from the mtw2. Hard to pin down. Mtw2 is excellent as well. Very warm. Bass is a little boomy but it can be tamed in the eq. If fit isn't a concern I wouldn't pay more for the mtw2. But mw07 can be fussy to fit.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #23,227 of 62,072
Comparable in that they both sound excellent but different in terms of sound signature. There is something special about the mw07 that I dont get from the mtw2. Hard to pin down. Mtw2 is excellent as well. Very warm. Bass is a little boomy but it can be tamed in the eq. If fit isn't a concern I wouldn't pay more for the mtw2. But mw07 can be fussy to fit.
I wouldn't say fit is of concern. Do the mw07 have their own EQ app ? Also do the Dekoni ear tips fit on them?

Jul 4, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #23,230 of 62,072
I have not experienced this much. Has this been your experience, or you are observing a lot of comments like that?

I can't come anywhere close to full volume with my Phaiser Fusion Ones. Usually about halfway. Loud but comfortable with my Nuarls is maybe 70%, and with my ADV X+s it's more like 75%. I could never listen to either of those at full volume either.

I've cycled through about 20 sets and I only remember one or two that disappointed with faint volume level (SoundPeats TrueEngine and some cheap Boltunes). Maybe the Tranya B530 pro is borderline.

Yea, I haven't tried tws sets myself, just checking out comments on products.

Maybe it's more common amongst under 25$ ones? Idk...

I always cut some harsh frequencies and there are old songs without loud mastering, so i want some headroom to work with.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #23,232 of 62,072
Can you confirm if the USB-C port charges C2C and if the bud-switching is truly "seamless" - can't find any specific info on the AptX-supported chip it uses, but it is unlikely if it is using QCC3020.
i don't own any C2C cables, so i can't check that, and connecticting to it has been fairly jank, so uh, yeah no "seamless" nothing in sight. i have to spend more time to articulate what i think about the sound, but it's def not perfect. at least it fits quite securely in my ears, unlike the shanling mtw100, which i was using.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #23,233 of 62,072
a walkthrough of how you did this in a youtube video, or even just a post with pictures would be super cool. this is awesome.

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #23,235 of 62,072
a walkthrough of how you did this in a youtube video, or even just a post with pictures would be super cool. this is awesome.
You really don't need any instructions, you just need to have some TWS that you hate and it won't be a shame if you destroy them :)
Simply connect a piece of cable with connectors to the TWS instead of a microdriver (pay attention to polarity). Then all you have to do is modify the charging case a bit. Or like me, place stuff from the inside somewhere else. Bluedio Fi have a lot of unnecessary and malfunctioning sensors, they are not very suitable for this moding, but they have aptX, are really small and have a decent battery life. I've found that some IEMs make almost no noise, it's ideal for DD or some simple (1DD+1BA) hybrids like TRN ST1, or KZ ZSN. For example the V80 doesn't play with this wireless module at all.

P.S. At first it was supposed to be just an attempt, but I found that it is almost comfortable to use as the TWS. Despite the BT, the sound of hybrids is quite good, especially in terms of details, and it also fits securely in my ear, so I often use this madness at home work.
IMG_20200706_080956.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back