Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 12, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #20,596 of 62,010
Saw that vid just now. always wanted to hear these. now I don't...:o2smile:
You should really try them. I can't say I agree with him, especially is rant about fake reviews. Many of my buddies have these and love them. If you want neutral or close to neutral, then the L2P are not for you. That being said, they can be EQd and are fun for me to listen to. I enjoy bass and they work great for the gym, etc. They are absolutely not something any purest will enjoy...at all. They are decidedly consumer oriented tuning, so if you enjoy that type of signature, you'll probably like these. I personally have varying in-ear and over-ear stuff with a multitude of sound signatures and listen to different things depending on my mood.

The marketing with "Grammy winning producers" will likely attract "Audiophiles", who will be disappointed because it will have "too much bass" (notice they rarely complain about sharp-ass treble). I used to roll with amped 2x12" subs in my G ride when I was a youth, so bass ain't no thang with this OG.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #20,598 of 62,010
first post...

well,thats an easy video to fake. let me guess, indiegogo?
Sure is. At least post a few more times. :stuck_out_tongue:

1584049768062.png

Mar 12, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #20,599 of 62,010
I am a major M1 fan and have never updated the FW. No EQ, well I do bump the treble a wee bit using my Kaiser Audio app/player (highly recommended). To me, with the foam tips, they sound great. No weaknesses. I tried to update the FW using my Amazon Fire, no go. CA should be ashamed, no direct path for iOS users.

Thanks for the reply.
I email CA & they sent me a direct FW link & guess what? It was also an absolute no go!
I’ll be mailing them again tomorrow to get to the bottom of the FW debacle.
They’ve also posted some more foam tips as I told them I wasn’t happy with the ones that came with the original package.

I’m still on the fence about them, I really, really want them to be amazing & hopefully with a few tweaks, they’ll get there.

Fingers crossed.

Mar 12, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #20,600 of 62,010
Thanks for the reply.
I email CA & they sent me a direct FW link & guess what? It was also an absolute no go!
I’ll be mailing them again tomorrow to get to the bottom of the FW debacle.
They’ve also posted some more foam tips as I told them I wasn’t happy with the ones that came with the original package.

I’m still on the fence about them, I really, really want them to be amazing & hopefully with a few tweaks, they’ll get there.

Fingers crossed.
Well, I don’t care much about the FW update because I am happy with SQ. As for the foam tips, the originals are small but fit me perfectly. They added a somewhat larger pair, which they are probably sending you. I have those too. Comply or other foams won’t fit the charging case well, so a pain. Good news? The original foam tips I use clean well with hydrogen peroxide and a rinse with water and a day of drying. I just love the sound. FW not an issue. And I was told by CA here in USA there would be no FW for iOS.

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #20,601 of 62,010
I've heard good things about thr TRN bt20s. I don't know whether they'd be as good as the redstone but more wireless though.
I sometimes use my trn bt20 non s with my blon bl-03 but they don't sit quite right, they angle a bit wrong with them. For my ears. I prefer to use my kz zs10 pros with them, they are much more comfortable with the trn bt20.

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #20,602 of 62,010
Just had a tracking update, my kz s1 have left shenzen, so I might get them in a week or two. They might become my new bed phones.

Linsoul kindly offered me my money back a while back, due to covid 19, but I told them I'll wait. Its not like I have a lack of headphones.
My bomaker sifi are my gotos on the go, they fit me perfectly and sound 90% as good as some as wired sets.

Mar 12, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #20,603 of 62,010
oke I quoted this from a youtube user from a earlier video here... comparison between tevi mpow t5 and l2pro... .quote: This is shocking! I own both. The Tevi sounds great if you don’t care for much bass , but there is no comparison to the L2pro. The Tevi is grossly overpriced by about $45. Buy the MPOW T5. It’s a Tevi w/o the graphene driver that can be Eq’d to sound nearly identical and it’s $40. The knowles BA in the L2Pro is so much crisper and cleaner than the Tevi. The L2pro has incredible textured bass, a huge 10 mm driver, where the Tevi’s has a dynamic 6mm driver and the bass is balanced at best, more sub bass. I’ve tested over 50 TWS’ and The L2pro sounds similar to the Sony 1000-xm3 and is one of the best sounding tws’ on the market. It’s one weakness is the lack of a manual EQ and I’d like it to have more mid range. The microphone on the L2Pro isn’t great either. Soundcore is releasing a new version of the L2Pro on 2-3 weeks that fixes some of the initial hissing and microphone issues. I’d strongly recommend not using the stock tips on either they are garbage. Get some spinfits 360’s or some JVC spiral dots. Trust me wide bore ear tips make a HUGE difference in the sound.
I bought my L2Pro late 2019 in Singapore. How do I know where I have V.2 or V.3? Mine don't hiss.

Mar 12, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #20,604 of 62,010
So... for everyone who's been able to Manually EQ the L2pro, What are your thoughts? Care to share some of your EQ settings? Also, please denote which version of the L2pro you have.

I currently have 2 of the Ver. 3's (that's what i've been using w/EQ) and a Version 2 which I haven't tried yet.
IMO all stock EQs in the app are rubbish. But try this one on the user-defined EQ:

100Hz - 0dB
200Hz - +6dB
400Hz - +6db
800Hz - +6dB
1.6KHz - +6dB
3.2KHz - +6dB
6.4KHz - +5dB
12.8KHz - +4dB

Mar 12, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #20,606 of 62,010
I can't get a chance of hearing the l2p without buying it first. in that regard, oluvs vids are godsend. it's pretty simple really - if it sounds too different from the original recording, it does not reproduce the music as it was intended. and I do like my stuff neutral and natural sounding, without strange peacks and shitloads of bass. :floatsmile:

Mar 13, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #20,608 of 62,010
Oluv destroying the l2p.

I love my white Ver. 3's, but not as much as the 2's i sent back :frowning2:

Saw that vid just now. always wanted to hear these. now I don't...:o2smile:
They are great. like @hifi80sman mentioned, they have a really fun signature and they are very tunable.

I bought my L2Pro late 2019 in Singapore. How do I know where I have V.2 or V.3? Mine don't hiss.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/post-15373411

Mar 13, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #20,609 of 62,010
I can't get a chance of hearing the l2p without buying it first. in that regard, oluvs vids are godsend. it's pretty simple really - if it sounds too different from the original recording, it does not reproduce the music as it was intended. and I do like my stuff neutral and natural sounding, without strange peacks and shitloads of bass. :floatsmile:

But why do you take his word over other reviewers? I'm more curious because i listened to his entire video with the L2Ps on and the original sounded great. When he then switched to "how the Anker sounds" it sounded echoy, vocals sounded tinny and has lots of sibilance and the bass sounded loose like beats. Then when he went back and forth with the Tevi, especially on the jazz the sax/horns sounded choked while the L2Ps were closer to the original.

When he started messing with the settings and went back and forth between the Tevi they almost sounded identical and then he's like nah garbage. So, ionno. Of course, its your decision and im not begging you to buy the L2Ps even if it comes off like that.

I still think the L2ps are top 5 best TWS, currently. And they aren't bottom 5.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #20,610 of 62,010
But why do you take his word over other reviewers? I'm more curious because i listened to his entire video with the L2Ps on and the original sounded great. When he then switched to "how the Anker sounds" it sounded echoy, vocals sounded tinny and has lots of sibilance and the bass sounded loose like beats. Then when he went back and forth with the Tevi, especially on the jazz the sax/horns sounded choked while the L2Ps were closer to the original.

When he started messing with the settings and went back and forth between the Tevi they almost sounded identical and then he's like nah garbage. So, ionno. Of course, its your decision and im not begging you to buy the L2Ps even if it comes off like that.

I still think the L2ps are top 5 best TWS, currently. And they aren't bottom 5.
What are your top 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back